Since most games on Xbox 360 were P2P, why were we paying for Xbox live?

#11Joey-ZazaPosted 9/6/2013 10:12:45 AM
ITT: Most games = more like 2 games
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#12Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 10:13:02 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Marketplace, apps, yadda yadda yadda.

Those apps SHOULD have been free so I don't count them. I don't like the idea of paying to use YOUTUBE.

And what about the marketplace? We paid for the marketplace servers? Fantastic....

You think the bandwidth needed to provide you with fast downloads is free?

And what the hell do you mean you don't count them? They developed the apps and included them in the paid service. You can't just say they don't count, because they are included with the service.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#13Skynet82997Posted 9/6/2013 10:13:47 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
You want others to tell YOU why YOU did something? Be an adult and answer it for yourself.

Oh, you can't read. I'll ask the question again, "What was the money spent on?"

Obviously it was spent by Gates lining his pockets with your hard earned cash while you went P2P and the occasional dedicated server.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#14lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:14:53 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
ITT: Most games = more like 2 games

Was Halo, Gears of War, Forza, any of these games on dedicated servers??
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#15EllesarienPosted 9/6/2013 10:16:08 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
You want others to tell YOU why YOU did something? Be an adult and answer it for yourself.

Don't trust them and don't buy a X-1.

There...I see no reason for you to be in here anymore. I just freed up alot of time for you.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#16lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:16:26 AM
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Marketplace, apps, yadda yadda yadda.

Those apps SHOULD have been free so I don't count them. I don't like the idea of paying to use YOUTUBE.

And what about the marketplace? We paid for the marketplace servers? Fantastic....

You think the bandwidth needed to provide you with fast downloads is free?

And what the hell do you mean you don't count them? They developed the apps and included them in the paid service. You can't just say they don't count, because they are included with the service.

PSN has solid bandwidth, I know because the PSP was pretty quick. And would you say you are happy with paying for youtube which is free literally EVERYWHERE else?

And, the same question as last time. We paid for marketplace servers? That's it?
---
#17ejay8320Posted 9/6/2013 10:16:37 AM
bob15x posted...
lilj812 posted...
I had xbox live on 360 for many many years before finally trading in my final Xbox. Now, I know I spend hundreds of dollars on Xbox live in my lifetime, and I'm wondering... What was that money spent on?

How can anyone say that Xbox live is better for online gaming when it more often than not had NOTHING to do with online gaming since P2P is P2P.

So, no dedicated servers, why was I spending all that money before? And most important, why should I trust them with my money now?

most games on ps4 will be p2p so why are you paying for ps+?

It's sad to see the PS4 needing PS+ to play online(F2P and Some Sub MMOS Excluded), however people were subbing to PS+ despite there was no need to, this means it showed great value for the service.

I've got a good question actually, If Xbox Live Gold wasn't needed to play online, with no degradation in service, would you all still subscribe to Xbox Live Gold?
#18lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:17:49 AM
Ellesarien posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...

Don't trust them and don't buy a X-1.

There...I see no reason for you to be in here anymore. I just freed up alot of time for you.

Oh, that's not my sole reason for being here. Thanks for trying to save me time but you can stay on topic please. I don't trust them and I'm NOT buying an Xbox one, but I'm still going to be right here talking about it.
---
#19Joey-ZazaPosted 9/6/2013 10:17:51 AM
player 2 player
pay to play

My mistake.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#20lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 10:19:21 AM
ejay8320 posted...
bob15x posted...
lilj812 posted...
I had xbox live on 360 for many many years before finally trading in my final Xbox. Now, I know I spend hundreds of dollars on Xbox live in my lifetime, and I'm wondering... What was that money spent on?

How can anyone say that Xbox live is better for online gaming when it more often than not had NOTHING to do with online gaming since P2P is P2P.

So, no dedicated servers, why was I spending all that money before? And most important, why should I trust them with my money now?

most games on ps4 will be p2p so why are you paying for ps+?

It's sad to see the PS4 needing PS+ to play online(F2P and Some Sub MMOS Excluded), however people were subbing to PS+ despite there was no need to, this means it showed great value for the service.

I've got a good question actually, If Xbox Live Gold wasn't needed to play online, with no degradation in service, would you all still subscribe to Xbox Live Gold?

That question is thread worthy.
---