Since most games on Xbox 360 were P2P, why were we paying for Xbox live?

#131VeryDarkSoulPosted 9/7/2013 5:19:59 AM
people buy gold because they are coerced into it to play their games online. Even if a company runs their own servers for multiplayer, you still need gold, which is an artificial limitation set by microsoft..
---
Ron Paul 2012
#132TwistedxL3G3NDPosted 9/7/2013 11:16:48 AM
FOXSOLID posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
TC you shouldn't even bother, I've tried to tell this already and like you, I was attacked and bombarded by false or irrelevant statements.

XBL never achieved higher speeds than PSN nor did it have more exclusive games with dedicated servers. Sony did, all for free. Fact is, XBL does not affect connection speeds online and it's silly to see how many people think it does. It's your Internet that provides those speeds.

PS+ also did very much pay for itself in free and discounted content. Nothing that XBL offers. They simply and arbitrarily make statements like "everyone knows its better" and it makes the debate boring and moot.

It's as though its a cult, severely brainwashed.

You point out that not a single flagship Xbox title had dedicated servers and get attacked. It's the anger behind the truth. You all paid for XBL for communication based fluff. That's it...all of which would have been possible on the PS3 had the ram set up been better and it would have been free as well. PS4 will now have all of that fluff and continue to keep it free while XBL will lock everything remotely network based behind a paywall. Never getting discounts or free content like PS+ does (at least not nearly as much).

It really is a case of brainwashed cult members.

Gears of War.
There I just proved you are a liar. As for discounts anyone can tell that you've never owned an Xbox 360 if you don't know we get a list of discounted items on a weekly basis, go to the 360 boards and look how long that list is and how much they're discounted for.
I don't even know why I bothered replying to you since you are such an obvious troll, but there you go.

Explain to me how you proved me to be a liar because you clearly are unable to read. I said the 360 didn't have MORE games with dedicated servers, which is true. You name the likely only game that did and somehow I'm a liar? Sounds consistent with the rest of this board's horrible lack of logic.

You point out that not a single flagship Xbox title had dedicated servers and get attacked.

Nice try kiddo, now check out the bolded part straight out of your post and great job ignoring the part about the discounts.

Trolls sometimes...
---
Hey guise look at my PC specs I'm sure you all care!
#133HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 11:19:59 AM

To upset ponies and make them look stoopidz now its behind da wall.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#134Webmaster4531Posted 9/7/2013 11:37:48 AM
The same reason people buy male enhancement pills.
---
Ad Hominem.
#135lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 11:49:14 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

So they punished every customer they have to upset fans of playstation??

Please tell me you aren't THAT stupid....
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#136HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 11:52:34 AM
lilj812 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Microsoft is a master troll. They aren't interested in the console business, only upsetting ponies.

See Kinect as MS trolling Sony on how to sell expensive hardware
See only releasing Gears/Halo and outselling Sony first party combined.
See raising the price of Xbox 360 to troll "wait until its $299" ponies.

Xbone is the greatest troll yet *cocks SMG*..that's why it's going to work.
---
#137FOXSOLIDPosted 9/7/2013 12:28:18 PM
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
TwistedxL3G3ND posted...
FOXSOLID posted...
TC you shouldn't even bother, I've tried to tell this already and like you, I was attacked and bombarded by false or irrelevant statements.

XBL never achieved higher speeds than PSN nor did it have more exclusive games with dedicated servers. Sony did, all for free. Fact is, XBL does not affect connection speeds online and it's silly to see how many people think it does. It's your Internet that provides those speeds.

PS+ also did very much pay for itself in free and discounted content. Nothing that XBL offers. They simply and arbitrarily make statements like "everyone knows its better" and it makes the debate boring and moot.

It's as though its a cult, severely brainwashed.

You point out that not a single flagship Xbox title had dedicated servers and get attacked. It's the anger behind the truth. You all paid for XBL for communication based fluff. That's it...all of which would have been possible on the PS3 had the ram set up been better and it would have been free as well. PS4 will now have all of that fluff and continue to keep it free while XBL will lock everything remotely network based behind a paywall. Never getting discounts or free content like PS+ does (at least not nearly as much).

It really is a case of brainwashed cult members.

Gears of War.
There I just proved you are a liar. As for discounts anyone can tell that you've never owned an Xbox 360 if you don't know we get a list of discounted items on a weekly basis, go to the 360 boards and look how long that list is and how much they're discounted for.
I don't even know why I bothered replying to you since you are such an obvious troll, but there you go.

Explain to me how you proved me to be a liar because you clearly are unable to read. I said the 360 didn't have MORE games with dedicated servers, which is true. You name the likely only game that did and somehow I'm a liar? Sounds consistent with the rest of this board's horrible lack of logic.

You point out that not a single flagship Xbox title had dedicated servers and get attacked.

Nice try kiddo, now check out the bolded part straight out of your post and great job ignoring the part about the discounts.

Trolls sometimes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATPrYvKvc0s

Yeah those dedicated servers are doing wonders...I urge you to watch the later end of that video.

And I didn't ignore a thing about discounts, it simply wasn't worth entertaining. PS+ Still gives you free content and free games which still makes it a much better value. They also have more dedicated servers. You're welcome.
#138Webmaster4531Posted 9/7/2013 12:32:03 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
lilj812 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

Microsoft is a master troll. They aren't interested in the console business, only upsetting ponies.

There's no way the Xbone is the Microsoft's greatest troll with you providing gold like this day in and day out. Teehee23 and Microsoft's marketing division needs to step it up.
---
Ad Hominem.
#139ILikesCheesePosted 9/7/2013 12:35:53 PM(edited)
Ch3wy posted...
Everyone knows XBL download speeds are way better than PSNs.

If you want to arbitrarily exclude every improvement or feature from existence, then yes you aren't paying for anything.

Ah...another member in the Army of Microsoft Mis-Information is on the march!

PSN was once upon a time a distant cousin to Microsoft's Xbox Live in terms of internet speeds. But the days of "once upon a time" have long since passed.

It is true that Sony's setup on the PS3 (and from what I have seen of the PS4) is nowhere near the level of intuitiveness and clarity of Xbox Live. However, in terms of connection speeds they are now fairly much equal. From my own experiments, it actually even takes less time to download a full 1080HD movie over PSN on my PS3 now than it does on Xbox Live through their Xbox Video service.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#140HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 12:43:39 PM
Webmaster4531 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
lilj812 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...

There's no way the Xbone is the Microsoft's greatest troll with you providing gold like this day in and day out. Teehee23 and Microsoft's marketing division needs to step it up.

I have proof

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/13.06/xbox3.html

In January, Allard and the rest of the Xbox senior executives gathered to write brief statements on what motivates them to come to work every morning. The mission: to inspire the group's rank and file. "Most people put down flowery, make-the-world-a-better-place, Miss America types of things," Allard says. "I wrote: What gets me out of bed and into the office every day is the thought of Ken Kutaragi's resignation letter, framed, hanging next to my desk."

Trollololololololoooooool
---