Since most games on Xbox 360 were P2P, why were we paying for Xbox live?

#21EllesarienPosted 9/6/2013 11:19:34 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
You want others to tell YOU why YOU did something? Be an adult and answer it for yourself.

Oh, you can't read. I'll ask the question again, "What was the money spent on?"

Don't trust them and don't buy a X-1.

There...I see no reason for you to be in here anymore. I just freed up alot of time for you.

Oh, that's not my sole reason for being here. Thanks for trying to save me time but you can stay on topic please. I don't trust them and I'm NOT buying an Xbox one, but I'm still going to be right here talking about it.

You don't plan of buying it but you will be in here constantly?

Man...You are winning the game of life!!
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#22Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 11:22:29 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...
Marketplace, apps, yadda yadda yadda.

Those apps SHOULD have been free so I don't count them. I don't like the idea of paying to use YOUTUBE.

And what about the marketplace? We paid for the marketplace servers? Fantastic....

You think the bandwidth needed to provide you with fast downloads is free?

And what the hell do you mean you don't count them? They developed the apps and included them in the paid service. You can't just say they don't count, because they are included with the service.

PSN has solid bandwidth, I know because the PSP was pretty quick. And would you say you are happy with paying for youtube which is free literally EVERYWHERE else?

And, the same question as last time. We paid for marketplace servers? That's it?

Everyone knows XBL download speeds are way better than PSNs.

If you want to arbitrarily exclude every improvement or feature from existence, then yes you aren't paying for anything.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#23lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:22:38 AM
Ellesarien posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
lilj812 posted...
Ellesarien posted...
You want others to tell YOU why YOU did something? Be an adult and answer it for yourself.

Oh, you can't read. I'll ask the question again, "What was the money spent on?"

Don't trust them and don't buy a X-1.

There...I see no reason for you to be in here anymore. I just freed up alot of time for you.

Oh, that's not my sole reason for being here. Thanks for trying to save me time but you can stay on topic please. I don't trust them and I'm NOT buying an Xbox one, but I'm still going to be right here talking about it.

You don't plan of buying it but you will be in here constantly?

Man...You are winning the game of life!!

Be in here constantly? What are you talking about? You clearly are being emotional because you are putting words in my mouth, making assumptions, all kinds of things. Just be easy man, I'll be gone in a few hours and you can sleep easier when that happens.

But seriously... do you know what the money was spent on? Because so far the only answer I got for the years of xbl gold that I paid was just supporting the marketplace servers.... which is.... fantastic....
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
#24lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:25:48 AM
Ch3wy posted...

If you want to arbitrarily exclude every improvement or feature from existence, then yes you aren't paying for anything.

Can you prove that? Wouldn't that depend on which service provider the consumer has? I downloaded monster hunter freedom on my PSP in minutes, I hit my usual download cap on my PSP!!

So yea, I'll need some proof of that.

Also, assuming you were right and it WAS better, is paying for xbox live just for slightly faster downloads worth it? What are the benefits for the xbox live gold for it's price?
---
#25EllesarienPosted 9/6/2013 11:26:57 AM
Why does it need to be spent on anything? In case you weren't aware...For-profit companies are in the business of making....wait for it...PROFIT! It probably went right to the revenue line and every shareholder cheered.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#26Skynet82997Posted 9/6/2013 11:27:35 AM
Well, at the very least you were paying for the servers which hooked you up with other players - even P2P, you still went thru the MS portal to be connected. You also paid for a unique gamer tag, and quality voice chat.

Whether or not you feel that it was WORTH paying for, that's at least in part, what you were paying for.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#27lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:30:37 AM
Ellesarien posted...
Why does it need to be spent on anything? In case you weren't aware...For-profit companies are in the business of making....wait for it...PROFIT! It probably went right to the revenue line and every shareholder cheered.

This is more or less true, since it's the most reasonable.

In which case, people are going to realize this and go for the better value, which they already have. People are talking about the paywall because the paywall is no longer justified. Now we see MS in extreme damage control and lagging far behind on pre-orders.

Now we're getting SOME dedicated servers that won't be on all games since it's up to the devs to pay for them. In which case.. if devs are ALSO paying for dedicated servers, why are we paying for xbox live again? ARE WE ONLY PAYING FOR MARKETPLACE SERVERS??
---
#28lilj812(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 11:31:49 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Well, at the very least you were paying for the servers which hooked you up with other players - even P2P, you still went thru the MS portal to be connected. You also paid for a unique gamer tag, and quality voice chat.

Whether or not you feel that it was WORTH paying for, that's at least in part, what you were paying for.

I didn't ask if it was WORTH paying for, I asked what the money was being spent on. Now that I know what the money was spent on, NOW I can say that for sure it wasn't worth it and I for SURE won't spend another dime on it again.
---
#29Ch3wyPosted 9/6/2013 11:31:57 AM
lilj812 posted...
Ch3wy posted...

Can you prove that? Wouldn't that depend on which service provider the consumer has? I downloaded monster hunter freedom on my PSP in minutes, I hit my usual download cap on my PSP!!

So yea, I'll need some proof of that.

Also, assuming you were right and it WAS better, is paying for xbox live just for slightly faster downloads worth it? What are the benefits for the xbox live gold for it's price?

There's more than just slightly faster downloads. No matter what benefits i list you just say they don't count.

And yes I would pay.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#30bob15xPosted 9/6/2013 11:32:48 AM
lilj812 posted...
bob15x posted...
lilj812 posted...
I had xbox live on 360 for many many years before finally trading in my final Xbox. Now, I know I spend hundreds of dollars on Xbox live in my lifetime, and I'm wondering... What was that money spent on?

How can anyone say that Xbox live is better for online gaming when it more often than not had NOTHING to do with online gaming since P2P is P2P.

So, no dedicated servers, why was I spending all that money before? And most important, why should I trust them with my money now?

most games on ps4 will be p2p so why are you paying for ps+?

Why pay for PS+? The free games that keep growing every month of course. That's a huge plus over xbox live.

if you are paying for PS+ for the free games, the games are not really free now are they.