Microsoft Disputes Notion PS4 is 30% More Powerful than Xbox One

#111axelfooley2k5Posted 9/7/2013 11:07:41 AM
microsoft will never admit its product is inferior

these topics are great because its always the same 10 or so deluded posters willing to fight to the death

seriously need to find a better topic to defend
cause this ship has sailed

want an xbone?
'great.......buy one !
im sure it will be a good system with some good exclusives

but dont argue against facts.......they dont call em facts for nothing
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#112axelfooley2k5Posted 9/7/2013 11:09:34 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
after reading through this thread a little bit again. I have decided that DM's problem, isn't necessarily that he's an idiot, but that he is a blatant extreme fanboy. And if he perceives that someone is talking negatively about the Xbox one, then he has to argue with them and try to find any and all faults in their post, be it grammatical error, or a number being 1 off, just to try and discredit them, because deep down he knows he's wrong, and if he argued directly with their point instead of focusing on any small fault in their post, he would lose instantly.

This is actually an interesting approach, and has worked in some cases, when people don't feel like having to explain themselves again. Which makes it look like he's won an argument, even though he's wrong. He puts PC stats in his sig thinking that it makes him look smarter, just to try and back up his points.

Basically, he's taken Sony's Ps3 reveal E3, and was like "Attack the weak point for massive damage? ... That's genius! O.O" Which would be a great tactic in combat. And it is effective for trolling. But if you don't want to look foolish to most people, you're not going to sink to that level. But it appears he doesn't care, because he is only looking for the support of other Xbox fanboys, which he has.

If I was able to be a fanboy, I'd be one of the 360 considering I've been on it this whole gen, thankfully, I have a wider field of vision, and it allows me to choose products based off their merits instead of blind fanboyism, I get much better enjoyment out of gaming this way.

been doing this for years
he needs an alt
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#113DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/7/2013 11:19:42 AM(edited)
Nice imagination you have there. A bunch of insults, accusations with no evidence and psychic predictions.

Here is our original discussion, care to demonstrate what you are talking about?
95_Eclipse posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
Doesn't seem like he wants you to just take his word for it. He is saying that average consumers are idiots and are easily fooled by numbers being thrown at them.

This is like the old days when people thought megahertz was everything. The bigger the number!

Average consumers will only take in what they can diggest and if someone says one number is bigger than the other, they won't take into consideration anything more than that.

The ending statement says people should wait and see for themselves which is probably the smartest thing to do.

But when the numbers along with everything else point to something together, then it's obviously true. As in, the PS4 is more powerful
. And anyone that knows ANYTHING at all about hardware knows it. And that along with the fact that it's now super easy to develop for, leaves no room for anyone but idiots to debate it.

But I would never expect MS to admit that, they cost 100 dollars more, what the hell kind of sense would it make for them to say "Yeah, PS4 is more powerful", even if it is pure 100% unadulterated fact?

This isn't about the PS4 being more powerful. Its about the dumb 30% people are saying. How many % more powerful was the PS3? Because even the best looking games didn't come close to making the gap between original Xbox and PS2. Yet I had no trouble with PS2 graphics either. Launch games on Xbox One and PS4 look no different, unlike Xbox which launched which Halo.

We also don't know the exact configurations and how ESram plays out. You are making assumptions without any technical knowledge.

Your PS3 argument was defeated before you even made it.

And it's only 32 MB of ESram, that's going to run out really fast when you're comparing it to 5000-7000+ MB with close to the same speeds (assuming an OS usage of 1-3 GB).

Seriously, !if at this point you're disputing the Ps4's advantage in power, there is an intelligence or common sense deficit.!

I bolded the parts that are complete BS or had nothing to do with what I said. Especially that last part, was a direct attack on me for something I clearly did not say. I only disputed the arbitrary 30% and I said that the PS4 is going to be more powerful but it isn't going to be anything massive and we have no evidence of it being massive from the launch titles.

I'm clearly not the fanboy here. I've been bashing XB1 for longer than I've been defending it. You on the other hand, can't seem to even read what someone posts. In my second post, I clearly stated that I believed the PS4 was going to be more powerful but that attaching a number to it is silly because how does it translate into results? It its extremely straight forward and MASSIVE in its power advantage we should observe quite a difference in launch titles with we did with Xbox vs PS2.

But somehow, you read that is "LOL UR AN IDIOT FOR DENYING PS4 IS MORE POWERFUL!"

This is why people like bandwagons. This way their numbers makes them need not admit their own faults. If everyone is wrong then everyone is right!

The funny part is that none of you guys actually provide any evidence everytime you guys make these accusations yet I always have examples but you ignore them.
#11495_EclipsePosted 9/7/2013 11:33:47 AM
So basically you bolded the parts that you think are wrong, because they are negative towards the Xbox, while they are actually correct. ESram doesn't make all the ram in the console run at it's speed. In other words the DDr3 won't be running at "198Gb/s". This buffer will help the Xbox one for sure, but it doesn't change the pure fact, that the PS4 has more power.

But, I do very much appreciate you helping me out by providing proof of what I said. Thanks a lot buddy :)
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#115DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/7/2013 11:43:51 AM(edited)
Is this massive failure again? You just claimed for the THIRD TIME that I said PS4 was not more powerful when I never have done so.

Hows about finding the part of my post that says PS4 is not stronger? Then you would have some credibility in this discussion.

I also never said anything about ESRam. I said you didn't know what you were talking about, not that I know what ESRam does. I never said it extended its bandwidth to the entire system. I wouldn't be pretentious enough to pretend I even understand that crap enough. I also won't pretend to understand the exact workings within the console and how it all comes together. This is your problem that you are projecting onto me. You imagine I said ESRam >= PS4 because you are a fanboy and automatically divide arguments into extremes.

Right now, all you are doing is embarrassing yourself. I even stated that the XB1 will be weaker yet you continue to say that I think its stronger.

I cannot accept any negativity yet I admit that the PS4 is stronger? Good argument. Oh wait, I'm mistaken. The argument is to assume I said the opposite of what I actually said and then say I can't accept negativity. I got it.

Please answer this question:

Where in my posts did I claim the PS4 was not stronger?

I know you are going to dodge this question with all your might and I look forward to you spinning in circles to try and get past it.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#116raddicussPosted 9/7/2013 11:45:41 AM
*Hands out popcorn*
---
Stop talking, I'm the village idiot.
#11795_EclipsePosted 9/7/2013 11:50:43 AM
<snip>

So what you're saying, is you don't understand simple english, and know what it means when the word if is used? Because that word (if) was in the initial comment you got butthurt about. Typically when someone gets buttmad over a comment that starts with "if" then it's in fact true.
---
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#11895_EclipsePosted 9/7/2013 11:53:14 AM
raddicuss posted...
*Hands out popcorn*

Hey thanks man :) This troll food isn't as tasty as I'd hoped :/
---
#119raddicussPosted 9/7/2013 11:55:17 AM
It's the kind of popcorn that's colored, I used to eat it when I watched Wild and Crazy Kids.
---
Stop talking, I'm the village idiot.
#12095_EclipsePosted 9/7/2013 11:57:47 AM
raddicuss posted...
It's the kind of popcorn that's colored, I used to eat it when I watched Wild and Crazy Kids.

Lol, like this? http://www.theyummylife.com/blog/i/1805.jpg

I actually want some popcorn now. Guess I gotta go make some. (regular colored though :P )
---