Microsoft Disputes Notion PS4 is 30% More Powerful than Xbox One

#13195_EclipsePosted 9/7/2013 12:14:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8PyTo6NyXA
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#132DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/7/2013 12:15:24 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
This is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever seen. Wait until the consoles come out, you people who defend a console with every bit of your being, without even owning it are absoulutely the worst fanboys I have ever seen. You are worse than trolls who just occasionally make negative comments to rile people up. You are worse than the people who make troll topics and leave them as bait. The fact is and the only fact that will ever be is the fact that none of you, NONE of you know anything.

Quit your crying.
Quit your blind defending.
Quit your blind accusations.

Wait until the consoles are in your hands, then and ONLY should anybody take what anyone says seriously.

Microsoft Lies.
Sony Lies.
Albert Pannello lies.
Mark Cerny lies.

The fact that some of you cannot see past the screen in front of you is pathetic.

I hope thats not directed at me. My very first post was "wait and see". The gap could be smaller than we think and it could be bigger than we think.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#133DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/7/2013 12:21:26 PM(edited)
95_Eclipse posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
Oh look, amateur tech experts on a roll! Lets make more false comparisons since the Xbox 360 GPU was far stronger than the PS3 GPU!

Lol you just proved my post about your actions without a shadow of a doubt.

My work here is done.

Its very funny to see how you understand so little yet you had the galls to try and make people accept your discussion about ESRam.

First comparison when you google GPU comparisons:

The verdict: Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 rely on custom-designed graphics cards. The Xbox's Xenos card features more video RAM, but this RAM is shared with the console's system RAM. The PS3 has 256 MB of dedicated video RAM in addition to being able to share up to an additional 224 MB from the system RAM.

In terms of bandwidth, the PS3 slightly edges out the Xbox. However, the Xbox has the advantage of 10 MB of eDRAM. When relying on the eDRAM, system bandwidth jumps up to 256 GBps.

Ultimately, while the PS3 GPU shows higher general performance numbers, we're inclined to give this category to the Xbox based on the peak performance of the eDRAM and the general versatility of this setup.

Winner: Xbox 360

You were probably ignorant enough to believe that just because PS3 was stronger, it mean that the GPU was stronger.

Feeling all that egg on your face? Try not bringing your idiotic tech knowledge to the discussion next time. You clearly don't know the first thing about hardware.
---
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#134INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/7/2013 12:21:17 PM
INEEDHELPWEE2 posted...
This is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever seen. Wait until the consoles come out, you people who defend a console with every bit of your being, without even owning it are absoulutely the worst fanboys I have ever seen. You are worse than trolls who just occasionally make negative comments to rile people up. You are worse than the people who make troll topics and leave them as bait. The fact is and the only fact that will ever be is the fact that none of you, NONE of you know anything.

Quit your crying.
Quit your blind defending.
Quit your blind accusations.

Wait until the consoles are in your hands, then and ONLY should anybody take what anyone says seriously.

Microsoft Lies.
Sony Lies.i
Albert Pannello lies.
Mark Cerny lies.

The fact that some of you cannot see past the screen in front of you is pathetic.

I hope thats not directed at me. My very first post was "wait and see". The gap could be smaller than we think and it could be bigger than we think.

This is directed at you, me, eclipse, everyone in this topic and forum in general. Just chill out and wait. What PR people say is to sell you on the system...end of story. There should be no argument to this, if some of you really are non-intelligent enough to give your lifes blood to Sony or Microsoft. Then you are beyond help. They are corporations. No one is more evil or good than the other.
#135HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 12:22:11 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
And it's only 32 MB of ESram, that's going to run out really fast when you're comparing it to 5000-7000+ MB with close to the same speeds (assuming an OS usage of 1-3 GB).

When did the 10mb on 360 run out really fast compared to the PS3's 256MB?

Seriously? We have nearly a decades worth of proof.

The 360 also had 512 shared ram on top of that, and it was the same type of ram with similar or the same speeds.

Nice try though, I'll give you that.

eh?

Xbox 360

512 DDR3 - 22.40 GB/Sec
10MB Dram - 32 GB/Sec

PS3

256MB XDR RAM - 25.6 GB/Sec
256MB VRAM - 22.4 GB/Sec

Xbox One

8GB DDR3 - 68 GB/Sec
32MB Sram - 204 GB/Sec

PS4

8GB GDDR5 - 176 GB/Sec

You're gonna have to work real hard to explain why the 10MB of Dram in the 360 outperformed the PS3's broader access to memory, but the Xbones Sram won't do the same to PS4's.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#136DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/7/2013 12:23:32 PM
Hey, I've been repeating on this board not to trust all companies so I don't see how are opinions are different. Its just that people want to throw you in a camp no matter what. If I state that we don't know how much of a difference there will be, fanboys are going to say you are an MS spokes person.
---
#137INEEDHELPWEE2Posted 9/7/2013 12:32:36 PM
Hey, I've been repeating on this board not to trust all companies so I don't see how are opinions are different. Its just that people want to throw you in a camp no matter what. If I state that we don't know how much of a difference there will be, fanboys are going to say you are an MS spokes person.

For one, I am not throwing you in a camp. I just do not see the reason in posting these long arguments to defend against bias opinion. Compare 360 and Ps3 all you want, however when people drag next gen into the argument it makes no sense. Know why?

Because they are spouting information from people who found out information from other people, who found it out from PR speak on both sides. Whether it be numbers, graphically superiority, speed, anything. Which is why no one, knows anything. We do not know how either console will function, we do not know how either console will run and we do not know how much either console can handle.

On a side note: This is my last post due to me getting warned by the mods for making a Xbox Poll about if you would buy Xbox One if it made a sandwhich. Really? Warned for that, there are 500 other topics which are 10x worse. Do not see how a "what if" topic is "off-topic" but whatever.

Peace.
#138DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/7/2013 12:47:35 PM
GFaqs mods...
---
#139pblimp360Posted 9/7/2013 1:24:58 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
Oh look, amateur tech experts on a roll! Lets make more false comparisons since the Xbox 360 GPU was far stronger than the PS3 GPU!

Lol you just proved my post about your actions without a shadow of a doubt.

My work here is done.

Its very funny to see how you understand so little yet you had the galls to try and make people accept your discussion about ESRam.

First comparison when you google GPU comparisons:

The verdict: Both the Xbox 360 and PS3 rely on custom-designed graphics cards. The Xbox's Xenos card features more video RAM, but this RAM is shared with the console's system RAM. The PS3 has 256 MB of dedicated video RAM in addition to being able to share up to an additional 224 MB from the system RAM.

In terms of bandwidth, the PS3 slightly edges out the Xbox. However, the Xbox has the advantage of 10 MB of eDRAM. When relying on the eDRAM, system bandwidth jumps up to 256 GBps.

Ultimately, while the PS3 GPU shows higher general performance numbers, we're inclined to give this category to the Xbox based on the peak performance of the eDRAM and the general versatility of this setup.

Winner: Xbox 360

You were probably ignorant enough to believe that just because PS3 was stronger, it mean that the GPU was stronger.

Feeling all that egg on your face? Try not bringing your idiotic tech knowledge to the discussion next time. You clearly don't know the first thing about hardware.

Ether'd. Ol' boy is probably hiding back under his bridge right now trying to think of a counter to save face lol
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#140pblimp360Posted 9/7/2013 1:36:00 PM
albanianx1 posted...
Dear God, Microsoft is lucky to have people who will kiss their ass no matter what they do like you. Rationality. What the **** is that right, who needs that?

Yep. 12 year old, with whining rebuttal confirmed.

Penello handled himself extremely well and professional, even Sony fanboys have said so, and yet here you are calling the man names and challenging his age. Why? Well because misguided pre-teens such as yourself love jumping on hate bandwagons over the internet all the time. It's "kewl", right?

As I said, let the big boys have this discussion and jump back in when you develop a mind of your own and don't fear peer pressure and not fitting in with your fellow trolls, k? ^_^
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved