The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

M$ needs to do 1 final huge change for the X1......

#1Road_Kill_666Posted 9/6/2013 8:27:48 PM
M@ has sone a great job of turning around and listening to customers. There's only one change left to make that would seal it for me.........

Since they can scan the X1 console for anomalies or mods, they should be able to make it to where the X1 only recognizes licensed and approved accessories so that people can stop ruining multiplayer games with their modded controllers. I'm all for someone buying a aftermarket more durable controller but not these modded ones with variable control turbo buttons and and one button drop shots.

Just because you suck and are skill=less doesn't mean everyone else should have to deal with your overppoweredness just because you chose to spend money to get skill you didn't have.

If anything modded controllers should put the X1 in a state of "off-line only" so you can only use it by yourself.
#2Foxx3kPosted 9/6/2013 8:37:15 PM
Microsoft supports after market controllers.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#3Bryant187Posted 9/6/2013 8:37:59 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
M@ has sone a great job of turning around and listening to customers. There's only one change left to make that would seal it for me.........

Since they can scan the X1 console for anomalies or mods, they should be able to make it to where the X1 only recognizes licensed and approved accessories so that people can stop ruining multiplayer games with their modded controllers. I'm all for someone buying a aftermarket more durable controller but not these modded ones with variable control turbo buttons and and one button drop shots.

Just because you suck and are skill=less doesn't mean everyone else should have to deal with your overppoweredness just because you chose to spend money to get skill you didn't have.

If anything modded controllers should put the X1 in a state of "off-line only" so you can only use it by yourself.

+1
---
| PSN - RevolverFist |
"I'm like Superman, I know when I'm needed" - Tucker(RvB)
#4DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/6/2013 8:39:16 PM
Is this really a huge problem? And where can I get one of these overpowered controllers?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/6/2013 8:40:55 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Is this really a huge problem? And where can I get one of these overpowered controllers?

It was a problem in COD4 but generally not since because the games incorporated rate limiters.

The drop shot thing is literally not a problem at all. Changing your button layout to "Tactical" is just as good as anything else you'll be able to do.

And it's basically just COD. It doesn't really affect anything else.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6Donuts_R_GoodPosted 9/6/2013 8:41:50 PM
Yeah, I can't stand modded controllers.

I find it really pathetic that people fork over a good chunk of money to get an unfair advantage since they have crappy trigger fingers. Ugh.

Nearly all of my friends have modded controllers, and my trigger finger is still faster than their pathetic mods >:)
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#7DesperateMonkeyPosted 9/6/2013 8:45:22 PM(edited)
Foxx3k posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...

It was a problem in COD4 but generally not since because the games incorporated rate limiters.

The drop shot thing is literally not a problem at all. Changing your button layout to "Tactical" is just as good as anything else you'll be able to do.

And it's basically just COD. It doesn't really affect anything else.

Damn... I thought there was like an auto-win controller or something.

Sadly I only play COD for campaign and zombie anyways.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#8Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2013 8:54:17 PM
Not sure if there are Call of Duty fans in here but i have been running into them a lot oh Black Ops 2.
Its ultra annoying and i hope the problem doesn't migrate to X1. I almost don't care because once GTA5 drops i won't play anything else till Nov 22nd. But still, its an annoying problem none the less. Also ran into a guy using a mouse/keyboard on Black Ops 1 a loooong long time ago.
#9matt-nicklinPosted 9/6/2013 11:35:04 PM
$ doesn't mean S
---
Black FC 2924 3613 2338
#10PorungaPosted 9/7/2013 12:18:09 AM
So you think microsoft putting limits on what you are allowed to use as your controller is a good thing? Just because you don't like it? Yeah, no.. microsoft putting limits on ANYTHING (within reason) is a bad thing.