M$ needs to do 1 final huge change for the X1......

#21Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 9:51:07 AM
twotoothmcgee posted...
This is one of my favorite externizations of defeat. A close second is this "host invincibility" misunderstanding, then probably aimbot. I modify controllers to customer specifications for profit, I can assure you nearly every competitive game restricts ROF. These "advantages" are myths perpetuated by pouty kids who lose at a video game. While there may be some isolated instances of real cheating, "hacking," aim bots, and turbo controllers are not nearly as pervasive as TC would like you to believe and even the few who do own modified controllers find them to be mostly ineffectual in online shooters.

Did you just pull an Obama? Did you just admit to, justify, downplay, blame the victim, and then call the whole thing over exagerrated, all in the same post? That was truly impressive you should work for the Government as a P.R. rep.

Let me make sure i understand everything you said,
1) you make money off of creating modded controllers for people who suck at video games.
2) you make reference to me being one of the "pouty kids who lose at a video games", but which also happens to be your entire customer fan base; pouty kids who buy modded controllers because they suck.
3) You call the advantages of modded controllers myths which if that was true then you're calling all your customers stupid for paying you for services that don't matter which just makes you an exploiter of gamers, depending on how you want to look at it. But then you admit to their being some instances of turbo controllers but its totally isolated and not as bad as the TC believes? seriously?

Its funny someone who gets paid to make modded controllers calls them ineffectual in on-line shooters. How about you hop on youtube and check out some footage of these controllers and then say they don't give the player an advantage. You bash your own services so I'm not sure if your trolling or just trying to play devils advocate.

Bottom line is even just 1 person with a modded controller can be enough to ruin someones entire night of gaming and normal honorable legit gamers didn't pay hundreds on consoles and games to have their fun ruined by people paying for shortcuts to let them do what they obviously can't do with the modded controller.
#22twotoothmcgeePosted 9/7/2013 12:16:40 PM
Since you're largely unable to understand what I actually said, I'll simplify and enumerate.

(1) yes, in my spare time I *modify* controllers. Notice the fallacious assumption you made: modification = competitive advantage. Most modifications are strictly cosmetic, but for those who do want turbo functions or more precise thumbsticks, I also do that.

(2) because something doesn't work in "Game A" doesn't imply it serves no purpose. Like I said, turbo triggers are mostly useless in competitive shooters. As a previous poster astutely observed, BF/COD both employ hard ROF caps specific to the weapon class. Most of the other bogeyman advantages are similarly implausible and protected against by game designers.

(3) yes, I did blame you. Gamers prefer to invent reasons to explain personal inferiority. Someone beat you, he must be cheating right? There's no explanation other than an artificial advantage.

Your posts reek of the conspiratorial whininess that ruins multiplayer gaming just as much as an isolated cheater might.
#23Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 12:47:29 PM
twotoothmcgee posted...
Since you're largely unable to understand what I actually said, I'll simplify and enumerate.

(1) yes, in my spare time I *modify* controllers. Notice the fallacious assumption you made: modification = competitive advantage. Most modifications are strictly cosmetic, but for those who do want turbo functions or more precise thumbsticks, I also do that.

(2) because something doesn't work in "Game A" doesn't imply it serves no purpose. Like I said, turbo triggers are mostly useless in competitive shooters. As a previous poster astutely observed, BF/COD both employ hard ROF caps specific to the weapon class. Most of the other bogeyman advantages are similarly implausible and protected against by game designers.

(3) yes, I did blame you. Gamers prefer to invent reasons to explain personal inferiority. Someone beat you, he must be cheating right? There's no explanation other than an artificial advantage.

Your posts reek of the conspiratorial whininess that ruins multiplayer gaming just as much as an isolated cheater might.

Ahhh i see. So then my stance should be any mod that gives someone a as you said "competitive advantage should never be allowed in any on-line fashion. Thank you for helping me clarify my stance on the matter. Your assumption that everyone who's better than me makes about as much sense as your comment about cheaters being an isolated event like there's only one in every 5 million gamers. Do you monitor xbox live to know how often someone tries to cheat or uses something thats modded?

Do i have skill? yes. Am i God with a controller? far from it. Do i need a modded controller to add or enhance my skill? no. Is there a conspiracy everytime i lose a game? no. Are there vid on youtube of controllers u can program to quickscope for you? yes. Should anyone be allowed handicaps over players with REGULAR controllers? no.

LoL, the guy who gets paid to add competitive advantages to controllers saying cheating is isolated and rare. I guess if all modded controllers were banned you wouldn't have a side business right?
#24blacklabelicePosted 9/7/2013 2:21:24 PM
i would agree with 100% of TC's original post, but i cant say that i do, simply because M$ didnt listen to their customers before they turned their console around. they listened to their investors and the horrible preorder sales their hitler box was getting.
#25blacklabelicePosted 9/7/2013 2:30:02 PM(edited)
children and scrubs are the only losers who think its cool and "fair" to mod their controllers and then play online believing for whatever reason in their messed up mind that it doesnt affect anybody else and it shouldnt be an issue

cheaters/boosters/hackers/ip booters are the scum of the gaming community. its not just some kind of advantage they are trying to get out of it. these kids are also just desperate to get attention any way that they can and dont mind cheating and griefing just so they can get noticed.

whatever. people who suck at video games are gonna do that kind of stuff anyways reguardless of what other people think. whatever helps to make up for their undersized genitalia i guess.
#26iSkadooshPosted 9/7/2013 2:46:55 PM
A kinectless SKU would convince me. I can't justify spending $100 more on inferior hardware just for a peripheral I have no interest in.
#27twotoothmcgeePosted 9/7/2013 3:10:36 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
twotoothmcgee posted...

Ahhh i see. So then my stance should be any mod that gives someone a as you said "competitive advantage should never be allowed in any on-line fashion. Thank you for helping me clarify my stance on the matter. Your assumption that everyone who's better than me makes about as much sense as your comment about cheaters being an isolated event like there's only one in every 5 million gamers. Do you monitor xbox live to know how often someone tries to cheat or uses something thats modded?

Do i have skill? yes. Am i God with a controller? far from it. Do i need a modded controller to add or enhance my skill? no. Is there a conspiracy everytime i lose a game? no. Are there vid on youtube of controllers u can program to quickscope for you? yes. Should anyone be allowed handicaps over players with REGULAR controllers? no.

LoL, the guy who gets paid to add competitive advantages to controllers saying cheating is isolated and rare. I guess if all modded controllers were banned you wouldn't have a side business right?

Again, your reading comprehension betrays you. Most modifications are purely cosmetic.

I need not "monitor" live. It requires only a cursory understanding of programming to understand that the hard caps included in most competitive games today effectively eliminate a turbo button's utility.

As for programmable macros, it may be a legitimate problem but my entire dissent is premised on the argument that these advantages, in the aggregate, are seriously rare but are complained about by nearly every gamer.
#28Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 3:14:31 PM
iSkadoosh posted...
A kinectless SKU would convince me. I can't justify spending $100 more on inferior hardware just for a peripheral I have no interest in.

People say this and i wonder are they looking at the whole picture or are they just thinking its kinect and its gonna make me use kinect with games that i don't wanna use it with. The extra stuff that makes gaming easier is well worth it if you look at all of them. controlling your console with better controls, it knowing you and your friends so if your friend is playing then hands you the controller it signs you right in. Pausing the game and switching to ur fav tv show thats about to come on via voice commands. Yelling with your kinect mic on will attrack zombies in Dead Rising 3, thats hella cool. The kinect is supposed to streamline everything to be simpler.

the whole"inferior" thing is pointless. Games will look the same and play the same and no one looking at both next gen consoles side by side will be able to tell which looks better its all in the gamers head. this is s abd analogy but its not like S1 has a 9800GTX plus and PS4 has a 7990.

I'm not trying to get you to go MS, if you want PS4 then go for it. I'll have both eventually. If its not worth the extra $100 then so be it. Whatever makes you happy is all that should matter.
#29iSkadooshPosted 9/7/2013 4:58:25 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...

People say this and i wonder are they looking at the whole picture or are they just thinking its kinect and its gonna make me use kinect with games that i don't wanna use it with. The extra stuff that makes gaming easier is well worth it if you look at all of them. controlling your console with better controls, it knowing you and your friends so if your friend is playing then hands you the controller it signs you right in. Pausing the game and switching to ur fav tv show thats about to come on via voice commands. Yelling with your kinect mic on will attrack zombies in Dead Rising 3, thats hella cool. The kinect is supposed to streamline everything to be simpler.

the whole"inferior" thing is pointless. Games will look the same and play the same and no one looking at both next gen consoles side by side will be able to tell which looks better its all in the gamers head. this is s abd analogy but its not like S1 has a 9800GTX plus and PS4 has a 7990.

I'm not trying to get you to go MS, if you want PS4 then go for it. I'll have both eventually. If its not worth the extra $100 then so be it. Whatever makes you happy is all that should matter.

Nothing in your post justifies the extra $100.
#30CapwnDPosted 9/7/2013 5:20:25 PM(edited)
Road_Kill_666 posted...
Not sure if there are Call of Duty fans in here but i have been running into them a lot oh Black Ops 2.
Its ultra annoying and i hope the problem doesn't migrate to X1. I almost don't care because once GTA5 drops i won't play anything else till Nov 22nd. But still, its an annoying problem none the less. Also ran into a guy using a mouse/keyboard on Black Ops 1 a loooong long time ago.

Most of the time it's probably somebody using tactical and not a modded controller at all.

And the added latency that a mouse and keybaord would give probably negates any advantage they have.

I hope that you are using a wired controller with this trivial complaining you're doing about something that's not really an issue, because that would probably clear it up for you. And I didn't mean for that to sound mean, I am honestly asking/suggesting that you use a wired controller.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh