M$ needs to do 1 final huge change for the X1......

#31Road_Kill_666(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 5:18:02 PM
iSkadoosh posted...
Road_Kill_666 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
A kinectless SKU would convince me. I can't justify spending $100 more on inferior hardware just for a peripheral I have no interest in.

People say this and i wonder are they looking at the whole picture or are they just thinking its kinect and its gonna make me use kinect with games that i don't wanna use it with. The extra stuff that makes gaming easier is well worth it if you look at all of them. controlling your console with better controls, it knowing you and your friends so if your friend is playing then hands you the controller it signs you right in. Pausing the game and switching to ur fav tv show thats about to come on via voice commands. Yelling with your kinect mic on will attrack zombies in Dead Rising 3, thats hella cool. The kinect is supposed to streamline everything to be simpler.

the whole"inferior" thing is pointless. Games will look the same and play the same and no one looking at both next gen consoles side by side will be able to tell which looks better its all in the gamers head. this is s abd analogy but its not like S1 has a 9800GTX plus and PS4 has a 7990.

I'm not trying to get you to go MS, if you want PS4 then go for it. I'll have both eventually. If its not worth the extra $100 then so be it. Whatever makes you happy is all that should matter.

Nothing in your post justifies the extra $100.

OK then so the X1 isn't for you. Have fun with your PS4 or whatever you choose to own. Good luck!
#32iSkadooshPosted 9/7/2013 5:20:36 PM
Road_Kill_666 posted...

OK then so the X1 isn't for you. Have fun with your PS4 or whatever you choose to own. Good luck!

Like I said I'd be interested in the Xbone if it had a kinectless SKU. I know microsoft say no now, but after Sony smashes them in sales over the Christmas holidays I imagine their stance will change on that, just like it did with DRM.