Was the PS3 this infamous at launch?

#1aj4x94Posted 9/6/2013 10:32:11 PM
-$599.99 price
-Lack of launch games
-Lack of rumble
-Iffy backwards compatibility
-Lack of games

I think we all know that the PS3(justifiably) got very little love at the beginning of its life cycle, but was it anywhere as bad as the amount shear hate that the Xbox One is getting at the moment?
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#2METALINGUS5150Posted 9/6/2013 10:34:35 PM
I'm sure people can draw parallels to the situation.
Though I do believe you can't apply the PS3 bouncing back to the Xbox One.
#3BloodyDove2vsPosted 9/6/2013 10:36:44 PM
Hmm, somehow and somewhere a mod is being alerted. But no Ps3 wasn't this infamous.
---
Money hats plus pay walls equals Microsoft over smiles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp8aNBFFaw0
#4FoppePosted 9/6/2013 10:40:20 PM
The thing with PS3 was more like "let's post on the 360 board how they must buy 3 20gb harddrives, the HD-DVD addon, 5 HD-DVD movies, 3 extra controllers and 5 years of Xbox Live Gold to be close to the same level as the PS3, which makes it more expensive than the PS3, which means that it justifies me paying $600 for it".
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#5TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/6/2013 11:04:36 PM
Foppe posted...
The thing with PS3 was more like "let's post on the 360 board how they must buy 3 20gb harddrives, the HD-DVD addon, 5 HD-DVD movies, 3 extra controllers and 5 years of Xbox Live Gold to be close to the same level as the PS3, which makes it more expensive than the PS3, which means that it justifies me paying $600 for it".

LOL

Oh the memories! Sony trolls truly tapped into the bizarro zone trying to justify that mess
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#6Spetsnaz420Posted 9/6/2013 11:09:49 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Foppe posted...

LOL

Oh the memories! Sony trolls truly tapped into the bizarro zone trying to justify that mess

So its about the same as here and now?
---
I don't conform to social convention
#7FatSaladPosted 9/6/2013 11:12:15 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
Foppe posted...

LOL

Christ those were bad days, really weird days those were. But no, it wasn't at this level. Kudos to M$ for one-upping Sony on this one.
---
Main: Superman, Subs: Black Adam, Grundy
"That's stupid, because too much of a good thing is a VERY good thing, not bad :)"-5 year old cousin
#8Enix BelmontPosted 9/6/2013 11:17:59 PM
No, and before the 180s, xbox deserved to be more infamous.

After, I'd say it's mostly because xbox fanboys don't really use the internet boards here and other places as much. Sony fanboys were going nuts around PS3, and there were a LOT. Xbox One, seems like a handful of delusionals in comparison.
---
'Come fight beside me,' I said to myself, and although it doesn't make sense, I held my own hand as a small sign of trust, and together I made my defense.
#9ILikesCheesePosted 9/7/2013 8:42:24 AM
The only thing people really balked at with the PS3 was the ridiculous price point.

The Xbox One and Microsoft managed to alienate much of the industry and its consumers with MANY more things than just the console's price.
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#10gogogodzillaPosted 9/7/2013 9:52:50 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
The only thing people really balked at with the PS3 was the ridiculous price point.

The Xbox One and Microsoft managed to alienate much of the industry and its consumers with MANY more things than just the console's price.

This.

And I like cheese, too.
---
My Chicken says, "Cluck!"