Was the PS3 this infamous at launch?

#11labountiPosted 9/7/2013 10:31:25 AM
You kids and your "lack of launch games" My god I wish you were all born in the 70's to appreciate the things you have now.

You do not buy new console for launch games, you buy new consoles because they are new and you like to play games, Including ones that aren't even made yet. It's a long term investment. And no Sony had no anti consumer "features" My launch PS3 played my PS2 games flawless so I have no idea were you get "iffy" from.

$599 got you:

Top end GPU
Top end CPU
New Bluray drive
60GB HDD
Blu-tooth
WI-FI
PS2 hardware built in
Media card slots
**Other OS feature
Wireless rechargeable controllers
7.1 surround sound

A true future proof system with new tech and more "console firsts" than XBox 360.

Xbox One $499 you get

Kinect 2.0.......

That's your next gen future proofing that raises the price of the system
#12aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 11:02:23 AM
labounti posted...
You kids and your "lack of launch games" My god I wish you were all born in the 70's to appreciate the things you have now.

You do not buy new console for launch games, you buy new consoles because they are new and you like to play games, Including ones that aren't even made yet. It's a long term investment. And no Sony had no anti consumer "features" My launch PS3 played my PS2 games flawless so I have no idea were you get "iffy" from.

$599 got you:

Top end GPU
Top end CPU
New Bluray drive
60GB HDD
Blu-tooth
WI-FI
PS2 hardware built in
Media card slots
**Other OS feature
Wireless rechargeable controllers
7.1 surround sound

A true future proof system with new tech and more "console firsts" than XBox 360.

Xbox One $499 you get

Kinect 2.0.......

That's your next gen future proofing that raises the price of the system

Hey, I friggin love my PS3, but I will admit that it really wasn't worth getting at launch( I got mine in 2008), due to lack of games. That other stuff is nice, sure, but in the end it's all about the games. And for your information, the BC was not flawless. MGS3's framerate dropped pretty badly when there was a lot of action on screen, and SH2 experienced texture problems. Some games didn't even play.

Now you can go and defend Sony for the absolute terrible launch that they had, but there's no denying that they dropped the ball big time during the early years, and it cost them too much to mess up in this generation of the console war. And I'm saying this as a big Sony supporter. Now, it's simply Microsoft's turn to be the butt of the gaming community's jokes. 3rd console curse.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#13ItIsOkBroPosted 9/7/2013 11:04:25 AM
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/ps3-has-no-games
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#14CapwnDPosted 9/7/2013 11:07:23 AM
Top end GPU - Xbox 360 games ran better
Top end CPU- Xbox 360 games ran better
New Bluray drive - meh
60GB HDD - ok
Blu-tooth - not really sure why this is exciting in any way
WI-FI - latency (honestly I would list that as a huge negative, but you're obviously not an online gamer)
PS2 hardware built in - launch models, soon after that was removed
Media card slots - USB slots just as useful.
**Other OS feature - which was removed from all consoles by a patch and only included on the early models, just like BC
Wireless rechargeable controllers - meh. I prefer to change a battery pack rather than being tethered while it's charging.
7.1 surround sound - definite plus

labounti posted...
You do not buy new console for launch games, you buy new consoles because they are new and you like to play games, Including ones that aren't even made yet.

Who's talking about just launch? You know there's not much on the table for the first two to three years for this thing.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#15HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 11:09:26 AM
aj4x94 posted...
-$599.99 price
-Lack of launch games
-Lack of rumble
-Iffy backwards compatibility
-Lack of games

I think we all know that the PS3(justifiably) got very little love at the beginning of its life cycle, but was it anywhere as bad as the amount shear hate that the Xbox One is getting at the moment?

That's still such an issue today, no amount of price drops can fix it.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#16FoppePosted 9/7/2013 11:12:33 AM
The PS3 had no games.
And later it had no grass.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#17S1NFULPosted 9/7/2013 11:14:33 AM
This is similar to saying since the 3DS bounced back, the Wii U is 100 percent guaranteed to bounce back the same way.
#18labountiPosted 9/7/2013 11:14:47 AM
CapwnD posted...
Top end GPU - Xbox 360 games ran better
Top end CPU- Xbox 360 games ran better
New Bluray drive - meh
60GB HDD - ok
Blu-tooth - not really sure why this is exciting in any way
WI-FI - latency (honestly I would list that as a huge negative, but you're obviously not an online gamer)
PS2 hardware built in - launch models, soon after that was removed
Media card slots - USB slots just as useful.
**Other OS feature - which was removed from all consoles by a patch and only included on the early models, just like BC
Wireless rechargeable controllers - meh. I prefer to change a battery pack rather than being tethered while it's charging.
7.1 surround sound - definite plus

labounti posted...
You do not buy new console for launch games, you buy new consoles because they are new and you like to play games, Including ones that aren't even made yet.

Who's talking about just launch? You know there's not much on the table for the first two to three years for this thing.

Hate much? Thanks for your opinions but I'm not going to debate them. The point was what you are paying for since TC brought up the price. And the topic creator is talking about launch titles, many people on this board are talking about launch titles. The point you make is the same as mine, you do not buy new systems for launch titles.
#19labountiPosted 9/7/2013 11:20:06 AM
I enjoyed Ridge Racer 7, Resistance, NBA 2k07 and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I do not have a limited tastes in games so I can defend my experiences. For someone like me who was brought up in the days of Colleco Vision and Atari 2600 I know when a game is enjoyable or not. You can't judge games by their names or screen shots, you have to play them to make that call.
#20VioletZer0Posted 9/7/2013 11:23:48 AM
Oh yes it was.