Was the PS3 this infamous at launch?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Was the PS3 this infamous at launch?

User Info: CapwnD

3 years ago#21
labounti posted...
The point you make is the same as mine, you do not buy new systems for launch titles.

No but maybe getting a bone tossed to you in the first two to three years would be nice.
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh

User Info: Aarkshark

3 years ago#22
Five hundred and ninety-nine US dollars.

It's Ridge Racer.
Riiiiiidge Racer!

...Giant enemy crab...
...attack it's weak point for massive damage.

Yes. Yes it was.
Gamertag/PSN ID/Steam: Navllyk
Common sense is actually ultra rare and must be bought from premium spectre packs to have a chance of obtaining it. -Cicero.me-

User Info: BudWisenheimer

3 years ago#23
METALINGUS5150 posted...
I'm sure people can draw parallels to the situation.
Though I do believe you can't apply the PS3 bouncing back to the Xbox One.

True. Not only has MS reversed most of the complaints pre-launch (unlike Sony) but we're still two months away from launch so it's way too early to know if it will take several years to catch up (like Sony).

User Info: Izec

3 years ago#24
Five hundred ninety nine US dollars, giant enemy crab, RIIIIDGE RACER... Lol early PS3.
No Text

User Info: TravisCombs

3 years ago#25
Sony, E3 2006:

Of course, Microsoft didn't do much better this time around.

Xbox One Reveal:

i5-760 @3.80GHz | 12GB G.Skill DDR3-1600 | MSI GTX 660Ti | Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 | 1TB WD Caviar Black | Corsair TX650 | Antec 300 Illusion | Windows 7

User Info: Orange_Apples

3 years ago#26
We'll see once the xbox one hits the market. I recall Sony made the challenge where for every PS3 you can find on store shelves holiday 2007, they would give you $100. Not sure if it was an actual challenge though...
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.

User Info: R_Jackal

3 years ago#27
Probably worse than this at launch tbqh. Mainly because Sony took a few direct shots at people not working hard enough to own their console, like it was something they had to earn.

MS may have taken a few stupid moves and earned a lot of heat, but I don't think I'd ever seen as much heat on a console launch as for the remark "You'll get another job to buy this system/will work two jobs to buy it."
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. Was the PS3 this infamous at launch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived