Even if the PS4 is 30% more powerful, its not really going to make a difference

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/7/2013 7:14:22 AM
N3xtG3nGam3r posted...
There were many deciding factors which made the 360 the default platform for developers.

-year head start insured install base, so devs were almost guarenteed a profit with the 360 versions
-budgets of games grew exponentially this gen, which goes hand-in-hand with install base.
-unified memory pool
-not using cell processor
-powerful GPU

The list could actually go on further, but these are points people normally dismiss, or don't think of.

This, basically the PS4 will be next gen's lead platform.

Preorders show its already doing better, etc
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#12ItIsOkBroPosted 9/7/2013 7:17:13 AM
Basically all the reasons 360 was the lead platform this gen all apply to the PS4.
---
I'm wrong for the right.
#13kyo99Posted 9/7/2013 7:26:12 AM
Brummie_lad123 posted...
I was under the impression that the PS4 was meant to be double the power of the Xbox One, now I hear 30% which apparently isn't true either.

Even if it is 30% more powerful, its probably only about the same as this gen (between 360 and PS3) and looked what happened there, the 360 is in most cases the main platform for mulitplat games.

So I really don't think 30% is something worth bragging about to be honest. The most powerful console doesn't usually win.

Not this topic again. Its different situation with 360. Ps3 used the idiotic cell processor which caused it difficult to be developed and hence its potential never been fully tapped. This time around its same architecture means you can compare apple to apple this time
---
The future will be my past- Eike Kush
#14HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 7:32:25 AM
I was under the impression that the PS4 was meant to be double the power of the Xbox One, now I hear 30% which apparently isn't true either.

That was the PS3 which ended up about 3/4 as powerful as 360 so by comparison the PS4 will be about.. 40% as capable as an Xbone, which explains 1/2 the framerates.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#15VioletZer0Posted 9/7/2013 7:43:05 AM
Oh look, a reassurance thread that is misinformed.

Unlike last gen, PS4 and XB1 will use the same architecture. And unlike last gen, the PS4 is looking dominant. So games will likely be developed for it first.
#16DjnarduPosted 9/7/2013 7:51:04 AM
It doesn't help that MS was sketchy with developers and Sony was upfront with developers and sent out dev kits first.
---
i7 3700k 4.8GHz, 16GB G.Skill DDR3 1900Mhz, GTX 690
#17kyo99Posted 9/7/2013 7:51:55 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...

That was the PS3 which ended up about 3/4 as powerful as 360 so by comparison the PS4 will be about.. 40% as capable as an Xbone, which explains 1/2 the framerates.

What the heck are you talking about? No no and no.
---
The future will be my past- Eike Kush
#18Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/7/2013 7:55:36 AM(edited)
This lead platform discussion is stupid. It doesn't matter this gen which is the lead platform. The systems are much more similar in their architectures than last gen to make any difference negligible.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#19VioletZer0Posted 9/7/2013 7:56:38 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
This lead platform discussion is stupid. It doesn't matter this gen which is the lead platform. The systems are much more similar in their architectures than last gen to make any difference negligible.

This thread is assuming that the PS3 is actually 30% more powerful. (it isn't.)

PS4 is still slightly more powerful.
#20HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 8:00:28 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

Lead platform is silly. More powerful systems run games better whether they're lead or not. You don't see pc games running games built for consoles worse.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg