Even if the PS4 is 30% more powerful, its not really going to make a difference

#21Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/7/2013 7:04:23 AM
VioletZer0 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
This lead platform discussion is stupid. It doesn't matter this gen which is the lead platform. The systems are much more similar in their architectures than last gen to make any difference negligible.

This thread is assuming that the PS3 is actually 30% more powerful. (it isn't.)

PS4 is still slightly more powerful.

Whatever system is "more powerful" is also irrelevant. This gen all comes down to games, as it always has. Sony fans like Sony's lineup and vice versa.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#22kingofjamaicaPosted 9/7/2013 8:51:13 AM
kyo99 posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
I was under the impression that the PS4 was meant to be double the power of the Xbox One, now I hear 30% which apparently isn't true either.

That was the PS3 which ended up about 3/4 as powerful as 360 so by comparison the PS4 will be about.. 40% as capable as an Xbone, which explains 1/2 the framerates.

What the heck are you talking about? No no and no.

It's HENTAIDOJI. He knows not of what he speaks. For some reason he just can't get it into his head that Killzone: Shadow Fall's multiplayer looks better than anything shown on Xbox One, and runs at 60fps.

Or that the reason Drive Club isn't locked at 60 like Forza 5 is because Drive Club is actually pushing better graphics onto the screen. Forza 5 only runs at 60 because of baked lighting and much, MUCH less environmental detail.

And let's not forget that Ryse runs at an unstable 30fps, and it's the best looking game they've shown on Xbox One so far.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#23fizzle2222Posted 9/7/2013 8:59:20 AM
Microsoft: PS4's "Extra Horsepower" Doesn't Mean Jack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtPwtt0JBHc
#24labountiPosted 9/7/2013 9:07:24 AM
OnsIaughter posted...
The most powerful console has never been the most popular

SNES says hi.

Neo Geo Says hi....
#25Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/7/2013 9:37:16 AM
labounti posted...
OnsIaughter posted...
The most powerful console has never been the most popular

SNES says hi.

Neo Geo Says hi....

And genesis 32x
---
#26SirLemontPosted 9/7/2013 9:49:19 AM
Yes it is.

PS4 has the hardware.

PS4 has the gamers.

All developers and publishers not named EA will take notice and optimize the games accordingly. And since PS4 will have the edge and support, developers won't be bullied by Microsoft dranconian policies.
#27Foxx3kPosted 9/7/2013 9:53:27 AM
The "main" platform will continue to be whichever platform is easier to develop for and whichever is more popular in the target market. Because of XBOne's ESRAM, that could the Playstation 4 next gen. Remains to be seen which becomes the dominant platform, if either.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#28axelfooley2k5Posted 9/7/2013 9:58:07 AM(edited)
HENTAIDOJI posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
This lead platform discussion is stupid. It doesn't matter this gen which is the lead platform. The systems are much more similar in their architectures than last gen to make any difference negligible.

Lead platform is silly. More powerful systems run games better whether they're lead or not. You don't see pc games running games built for consoles worse.

so take your own shill advice and stop being the xbone defense force

know what im saying?
---
Kramerica Industries
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDXNHF-oEw
#29SomnusNemorisPosted 9/7/2013 10:01:06 AM
LOL Fatbert Penello went on GAF to dispute this power difference, with PR spin and other nonsense, and GAF mangled him! lmao
---
www.last.fm/user/AstuteClass
#30Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/7/2013 10:02:09 AM
Foxx3k posted...
The "main" platform will continue to be whichever platform is easier to develop for and whichever is more popular in the target market. Because of XBOne's ESRAM, that could the Playstation 4 next gen. Remains to be seen which becomes the dominant platform, if either.

It won't matter this gen. They're so similar that the difference you saw last gen in the occasional MP game is going to slim to none. This is a non-issue that people keep bringing up.
---