Poll: Does Microsoft have secret sauce or is it PR BS?

#11MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 12:58:55 PM
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
How could it be PR malarky when Microsoft is the last person in the world that's saying anything about it?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=671869

I interpret "truth" as "when people see both for themselves." That's just me though. I don't think it's as cryptic as you're making it out to be.

What you said is Microsoft wasn't talking about it. I provided a link saying otherwise. That is all.
#12Foxx3kPosted 9/7/2013 1:00:39 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
How could it be PR malarky when Microsoft is the last person in the world that's saying anything about it?

I interpret "truth" as "when people see both for themselves." That's just me though. I don't think it's as cryptic as you're making it out to be.

What you said is Microsoft wasn't talking about it. I provided a link saying otherwise. That is all.

My post was clearly disputing that they're talking about a "secret sauce."
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#13MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 1:07:45 PM
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

My post was clearly disputing that they're talking about a "secret sauce."

What does it imply then?
#14Foxx3kPosted 9/7/2013 1:10:42 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
I interpret "truth" as "when people see both for themselves."

What does it imply then?

See above.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#15HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/7/2013 1:15:48 PM(edited)
The Sram doubling in speed was a pretty big one.

Went from 102GB/sec theoretical to a 109GB/sec minimum actual.

Now it's worst case actiual performance is beyond the theoretical previous best case scenario.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#16MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 1:15:12 PM
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

What does it imply then?

See above.

I'm not getting it. The whole basis of this is talking about PS4's 40% spec advantage. Major says he can't wait til people see the truth. That would imply something behind the scenes in Xbox One's favor.
#17Foxx3kPosted 9/7/2013 1:19:09 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

What does it imply then?

See above.

I'm not getting it. The whole basis of this is talking about PS4's 40% spec advantage. Major says he can't wait til people see the truth. That would imply something behind the scenes in Xbox One's favor.

How about the simple notion that reducing the complexities of hardware architecture to "% Power" is both misguided and uninformed?

The "truth" he's referring to could be many things. It COULD be that they have some super secret hardware component that makes the Xbox One 1000% more "powerful" than the Playstation 4. I don't think that's what he's saying. I think what he's saying is more along the lines of "Hey, Battlefield 4 XBox One and Battlefield 4 PS4 look and perform nearly identically..."
---
#18MilesTeg420(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2013 1:23:40 PM
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...
MilesTeg420 posted...
Foxx3k posted...

What does it imply then?

See above.

How about the simple notion that reducing the complexities of hardware architecture to "% Power" is both misguided and uninformed?

The "truth" he's referring to could be many things. It COULD be that they have some super secret hardware component that makes the Xbox One 1000% more "powerful" than the Playstation 4. I don't think that's what he's saying. I think what he's saying is more along the lines of "Hey, Battlefield 4 XBox One and Battlefield 4 PS4 look and perform nearly identically..."

Even if this were true they would have to have some kind of advantage in system architecture to compete head to head with PS4's theoretical advantage. Hence option one in the poll.
#19ILikesCheesePosted 9/7/2013 1:32:22 PM
Foxx3k posted...

?

Have you been under a rock or something?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#20IzecPosted 9/7/2013 1:34:29 PM
Secret sauce = cloud processing, 4K gaming, ESRAM.

So yeah, BS. Nobody with an inkling of tech knowledge would put their faith in those.
---
No Text