5 Reasons Why X1 will "win"

#11NeoAndurilPosted 9/7/2013 1:54:37 PM
1 reason why it won't.

The best games next gen are multiplat. The end.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#12RyuuHou25Posted 9/7/2013 1:57:51 PM
5 - OH LOOK, the most over used word when it comes to electronics!! Nothing about X1 is innovative, people REALLY need to learn what this word means! (Article write seriously called an HDMI input innovative....f*** me)

4 - It was an impressive piece of hardware that many people hated and never bought/used and could easily be gotten for like 12 dollars in mint condition from someone who did buy it. Gimmicks always like to tout their importance by going "It WILL do well" and then 3-4 years later....not so much. Sony did this with six axis motion control, Vita dual cameras, Move....MS did it with Kinect, Nintendo has done this with any number of consoles/handhelds.

3 - I wonder if the article writer knows about that one board member that wants to scrap the entire Xbox division and seems gung ho and determined to make it happen

2 - What quick turn around? lmao

1 - Claims Ryse is great franchise. And babbles on about how exclusives are what matter. Lost all credibility there. (Also, PEGGLE 2, YEAH, AWESOME, BOOM BABY)
---
PSN ID: RyuuHou24
"I never said that....and even if I said it, I never said it" - Dr Peter Venkman RGB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liGiTVdVu1A
#13DionysusPosted 9/7/2013 2:05:11 PM
MrImpatient35 posted...
My thinking on them pushing the entertainment features during the reveal made me think...X1 is like a swizz army knife. It plays games, skype, apps, etc. Kinda like how smart phones are popular now because they do a multitude of things, I think X1 is going in that same direction. They want it to be a multitasking device.

I think you are right about multitasking, but it's important to see that there's a difference between doing multiple things (like a swiss army knife or smartphone), and multitasking. All of the consoles can do multiple things. People didn't seem to be blown away by MS's reveal because they don't really need or even want to videochat while watching the Price is Right, and the voice remote wasn't impressive.

Now, that could change when people actually sit down with it.
#14ImThe8thWonderPosted 9/7/2013 2:07:10 PM
Wow, awful lot of subjectivity in those 5 reasons.
#15L4YER_CAKEPosted 9/7/2013 2:09:49 PM
I'm not trying to hate on the One by any means, but this article was ****.
---
Braid. Save the princess. Contemplate the world. Save yourself.
#16Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/7/2013 2:16:36 PM
I dunno, Microsoft so far is 0 for 2 at winning the console "war"
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#17Demon_AckerPosted 9/7/2013 2:21:43 PM
I'll agree with 4 and 5 to an extent, but 1/2/3 are really odd reasons as to why the X1 will "win" the next generation.
#18Draconas_LyrrPosted 9/7/2013 2:22:35 PM
Dionysus posted...
"Despite a bumpy start at the first announcement of the system, Xbox One already has a tremendous fan base powered by the tremendous success of Xbox 360, as the most purchased and played console of the current generation."

Well, that's not entirely true.

In general, this article follows MS's logic, but I suspect that the gamble on Kinect and multimedia emphasis is a mistake. The price differential is too important and the technology is too immature/unproven.

Not to mention the 360 is in last place this gen...
---
PSN: Draconas_Lyrr
Difference between "a" and "an": "a" comes before consonant sounds, "an" before vowel sounds.
#19IzecPosted 9/7/2013 2:22:55 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I dunno, Microsoft so far is 0 for 2 at winning the console "war"

B-b-but they outsold PS3 in America!
---
No Text
#20Lefty128kPosted 9/7/2013 2:25:27 PM
5) There's nothing innovative about making a slow and inefficient voice operated remote control. You can store stuff externally on PS3 and Wii U. CPU boost is negligible. Smartglass' concept is hardly new. Cloud is a marketing buzzword for things MMORPG's have been doing for years. There was nothing really innovative about the Xbox or the 360.

4) If Kinect is such a huge draw, then why can't it stand on it's own? Why is it bundled? If it's so incredible people would be willing to money-up for it separately. Still laggy too.

3) They didn't cultivate a bunch of exclusives. If it's also on PC, it's not an exclusive. And no, there is no such thing as a "console exclusive". Such a thing is an oxymoron if you know what the platform part of multiplatform really means. Insomniac had achievements on games like Spyro before Xbox existed.

2) MS didn't 180 due to being "flexible", they 180 due to no one falling for their bull **** and abysmal preorder numbers.

1) Again, if it's on PC it isn't exclusive. The exclusive they do have, well to put it simply KillzoneSF is outselling preorders of Forza, Ryse, and Dead Rising combined. Heck I'll even throw in XBone Titanfall preorders and Killzone is still in the lead.