5 Reasons Why X1 will "win"

#21vmufanPosted 9/7/2013 1:29:10 PM
Dionysus posted...
"Despite a bumpy start at the first announcement of the system, Xbox One already has a tremendous fan base powered by the tremendous success of Xbox 360, as the most purchased and played console of the current generation."

Well, that's not entirely true.

In general, this article follows MS's logic, but I suspect that the gamble on Kinect and multimedia emphasis is a mistake. The price differential is too important and the technology is too immature/unproven.

Most of that fan base are players that stop their loyalty when something else that offers something that looks more promising, a smaller percentage will stay no matter what happens, but it will be years before we get a definite "winner"
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#22SnickleseedPosted 9/7/2013 2:01:38 PM
What a horribly biased article.
---
i7 3770 | 8GB | Agility3 120GB SSD | 2TB HD | HD5850 | HX520w | CM Centurion 5
#23JusticeSwordPosted 9/7/2013 2:06:55 PM
Izec posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I dunno, Microsoft so far is 0 for 2 at winning the console "war"

B-b-but they outsold PS3 in America!

That reminds me of when commentators for American sports use terms like, "global phenomenon" & "worldwide class" when in actual fact the only sport played worldwide is football (soccer).

LoL
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#24Ironman06Posted 9/7/2013 3:06:47 PM
Izec posted...
At the end of the day, the most important things a gaming console can do is play good video games, and Xbox One is ensuring its future success by securing several exclusive titles for the console. Dead Rising 3 is one of the most anticipated zombie titles ever, Ryse: Son of Rome is looking to be a great new franchise for the system and Forza Motorsport 5 looks amazing for a franchise that is known for putting out one high quality release after another, and all three of these games will be available exclusively for Xbox One at launch. There will also be some early downloadable classics available for Xbox One launch that includes Peggle 2 and Killer Instinct that should help boost console preorders. Other great releases are also in development for Xbox One that look just as amazing or better such as the highly anticipated shooter, Titanfall, and the strong launch lineup and exclusive titles are placing Xbox One in a great position to be the winner of the next generation of gaming.

Dead Rising 3 - probably good.
Ryse: Son of Rome - probably sucks.
Forza Motorsport 5 - incomplete.
Peggle 2 - probably okay, but lol.
Killer Instinct - incomplete.
Titanfall - probably good, probably not permanently exclusive.

This is the early lineup people on the fence are supposed to be drawn to Xbone by? Get the **** outta here.

I love it when people judge games they've never played.
#25Foxx3kPosted 9/7/2013 3:09:31 PM
Ironman06 posted...
Izec posted...
At the end of the day, the most important things a gaming console can do is play good video games, and Xbox One is ensuring its future success by securing several exclusive titles for the console. Dead Rising 3 is one of the most anticipated zombie titles ever, Ryse: Son of Rome is looking to be a great new franchise for the system and Forza Motorsport 5 looks amazing for a franchise that is known for putting out one high quality release after another, and all three of these games will be available exclusively for Xbox One at launch. There will also be some early downloadable classics available for Xbox One launch that includes Peggle 2 and Killer Instinct that should help boost console preorders. Other great releases are also in development for Xbox One that look just as amazing or better such as the highly anticipated shooter, Titanfall, and the strong launch lineup and exclusive titles are placing Xbox One in a great position to be the winner of the next generation of gaming.

Dead Rising 3 - probably good.
Ryse: Son of Rome - probably sucks.
Forza Motorsport 5 - incomplete.
Peggle 2 - probably okay, but lol.
Killer Instinct - incomplete.
Titanfall - probably good, probably not permanently exclusive.

This is the early lineup people on the fence are supposed to be drawn to Xbone by? Get the **** outta here.

I love it when people judge games they've never played.

Like the legion of raving fans who are saying that Battlefield 4 looks awesome? Or do you believe that people should only be allowed to say positive things about games they haven't played? Because I never see people with opinions like that pop up when people are saying positive things...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#26LaManoNeraIIPosted 9/7/2013 4:24:35 PM
500 USD
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#27PhoenixPrincePosted 9/7/2013 5:07:27 PM
Truthfully, I stopped reading it here.

" the first system to announce external storage support"
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/30582
---
I tell it how I see it. Controversial and I don't care.
3DS FC: 4596-9684-4261