360 arcade emulator?

#1ApexMjolnirPosted 9/7/2013 1:02:32 PM
Just curious if this has been brought up during the questioning, at any of these LARRY HYRB inquisitions.

I get the fact that Microsoft has been pushing for their phones to become part of the Xbox service. They have completely disowned the Zune Marketplace, which I have invested about $1000 over the last 5 years.

They are basically saying, "If you like your 360, keep playing it." Which makes perfect sense, in a universe devoid of having two consoles taking up room, along with extra controllers strewn everywhere, and uncharged batteries mated to them.

I would like to not think of the Xbox One, as a SEGA product. It honestly hurts my inner-child's feelings, that one day, I will wake up, and turn on my Xbox One, and get a message stating, "LIVE SERVICE HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED".

I have invested THOUSANDS, into gaming in my life time, only to have them disappear. Games, COMPLETE GAMES, completely made irrelevant, due to the loss of support of the developer/publisher. While Old School games that are on a Cartridge, I can pop into the old console and play. I still on occasion, bust out the Snes for a few games, and if I had one still I would play Turbografx on the go on my Express, but I have let it go.

MY issue with the Arcade games, is that I own 100+ arcade games. They are timeless, have EXTREMELY low processing requirements, and could easily be ported to the Xbox ONE via an emulator.

The facto de mome, is that there is no plan to include them anywhere on the Xbox One, anywhere, nor at any point. This again, has my inner-child upset.

The real issue that should be, that my inner-child, is the one that has the most control over my Disposable income...

Seeing that Zune is gone, and that Microsoft has no future plans for the Arcade via LIVE, what is the point in buying their phones, if the games are now tied to 360 or phone only... I don't plan on buying a Microsoft phone, as long as Samsung makes a Note... and I don't plan on playing my 360, after November.

So... with the lack of stellar titles itching to be bought, If I turn my 360 on again after November, I am going to be angry, especially if it is to play a game I could be playing on my Xbox ONE.
---
GT: Wonderpill
#2muffinmasherPosted 9/7/2013 1:17:48 PM
This is one of my major concerns as well.

Though I don't have quite as much invested in digital software, I understand your plight.

Unfortunately, with the Xbox One, you're sort of stuck with the notion of them "turning off" the console someday, making whatever you spend useless.

But, at least your arcade titles will always be on the 360, those can operate standalone without Live. (For the offline titles anyway)
---
3DS FC: 0173-1320-7190
"Barkley: Shut up and jam! Gaiden" Is the best RPG of all time.
#3AnarchyCampPosted 9/7/2013 1:18:28 PM
lol zune
---
#4FoppePosted 9/7/2013 1:50:08 PM
ApexMjolnir posted...
MY issue with the Arcade games, is that I own 100+ arcade games. They are timeless, have EXTREMELY low processing requirements, and could easily be ported to the Xbox ONE via an emulator.

If they could be ported that easily, then they can create a softwarebased Xbox 360 emulator as well.
Just because most Arcade titles look simple doesn't mean that they wont expect the full 360 hardware to not be there.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC