Should Microsoft change the Xbox One's name?

#11Bikes-Posted 9/7/2013 6:18:54 PM
pblimp360 posted...
VioletZer0 posted...
Xbox One is a godawful name but they shouldn't change it now.

I agree it's a stupid name in some ways, but I get what they were going for. If anything they should've stuck with the consensus and named it the Xbox Infinity.

To be fair, how would you top infinity when next gen came around. Xbox Infinity+1?
---
FC: 2921-9087-2265
#12triple sPosted 9/7/2013 6:19:43 PM
Bikes- posted...
pblimp360 posted...
VioletZer0 posted...

I agree it's a stupid name in some ways, but I get what they were going for. If anything they should've stuck with the consensus and named it the Xbox Infinity.

To be fair, how would you top infinity when next gen came around. Xbox Infinity+1?

And beyond?
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#13IzecPosted 9/7/2013 6:23:48 PM
It should be rebranded Xbox 180 to emphasize Microsoft's loyalty to the customer.
---
No Text
#14pblimp360Posted 9/7/2013 6:27:17 PM(edited)
Bikes- posted...

I see your point, but then they could've gone on to other cool code names, like the Xbox Odyssey or something lol

Note: I realize that name may not actually be cool to most lol

triple s posted...
Bikes- posted...

And beyond?

lol

---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#15MasteroftheArtsPosted 9/7/2013 6:36:43 PM
Should have been the 720. People are already used to the 360. Why change it?

But as long as we're coming up with dumb names for it, call it Xbox Turbo Alpha HD Remix 3. Seems to work well for CapCom.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#16Donuts_R_GoodPosted 9/7/2013 6:42:51 PM
Would I personally like a different name? Sure.

Should they really change it now after marketing it as "Xbox One" for months? Definitely not.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#17scoobydoobydontPosted 9/7/2013 6:44:47 PM
triple s posted...
Bikes- posted...
pblimp360 posted...
VioletZer0 posted...

And beyond?

Drop the and. Just "Xbox Beyond". But it shouldn't matter, if cloud investment pays off, betweenm that and diminishing returns we don't need a successor for a long, long time.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#18aj4x94(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 1:11:17 PM
Even Larry Hyrb is getting in on the Xbox One name.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#19TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 9/9/2013 1:22:50 PM
If they were going for the "fresh start" feel, they should have been more original than the one. Now they are confined to a numbering system rivaling playstation. And ps will always win that fight as it was the first to do it.

Hell, I really would rather have the 720. It still sounds better than the one.

Should have been the Xbox Origin
---
25, living like I was born yesterday
Loving life, doing right, earning every breath I take
#20anonymous46773Posted 9/9/2013 2:10:24 PM
Xbox One is one of the worst names for it that I could think of. It's a worse name than Wii U.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.