What are you unplugging or movcing to make room for the Xbox One?

#21CaIiber345Posted 9/8/2013 1:05:00 AM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
CyberneticRat posted...
My VCR.

I kid! I kid!

Probably my Xbox 360. :/

Probably should move the VCR tho, might get it confused with the Xbox One

I kid!

Maybe.

+1

But hey, I still own a VCR/DVD combo.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#22Fustmonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 1:09:51 AM(edited)
capnhowdy18 posted...
Well remember, the Xbox one does have a HDMI in, so technically something like the Roku could plug into the back of it. Personally I'm a little anal about my tv settings, so I wouldn't be plugging any Video device into the Xbox One. I'll be keeping my Xbox 360 plugged into it for a couple months.

Roku plugged into an Xbox One or PS4 (or even an Xbox 360 or PS3) is a bit redundant. I don't use private Roku channels, so for me Roku is pretty much the same as using my Xbox 360 for video streaming like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other.

But the thing is, Roku is deathly silent and puts of very little heat, which is exactly why I use that instead of a console. so using the Xbox One passthrough is a bit redundant and unnecessary.

It's a good idea but not practical for me. If windows 8 comes out with an Amazon Prime app for video (supporting 5.1 sound) , then I won't need my Roku box at all anymore.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#23Sactown916Posted 9/8/2013 1:51:37 AM
My PS3 which I don't see myself using after the ONE comes out.
---
Gamertag: G30rgeZimmerman <add me>
PSN: Warriors916
#24shads3055Posted 9/8/2013 3:34:40 AM
Ps 3 since I'm trading it in
#252ndAtomiskPosted 9/8/2013 3:43:01 AM
coltsfan4ever31 posted...
I'm taking my front door off the hinges to get the box in my house. Have you seen how huge this thing is?!

I had to call U-haul whenever I wanted to move my original Xbox from one room to another. That mammoth.
---
I'm gonna cut out your eyes and piss in the ****ing sockets! ~ Kaine
#26SVT52986Posted 9/8/2013 3:44:51 AM
Since upgrading to my new 50" tv I have had to relocate my 360 as it used to be able to sit right beside it. I moved my 360 to a av rack that has 3 shelves however I may have to unplug my receiver to make room for the One. Due to the racks design the only that is big enough to fit the One would be the top shelf where the receiver currently sits. The other shelves are smaller so my 360 slim fits with no issues. Since I bought my Astro A40s I really have not used my receiver in months anyhow and they will work with the One so I can still just use them for audio. Hopefully the announced adapter comes out so I can use them for chat as well.
#27SUNR1DERPosted 9/8/2013 4:52:40 AM
One of the reasons I got a new TV was so that I wouldn't have to unplug anything.

That being said, I was hoping to retire the 360 when the Xbox One came out, but with titles like GTAV, it may have to stay plugged in for some time yet.
#28Fustmonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 6:57:26 AM
SUNR1DER posted...
One of the reasons I got a new TV was so that I wouldn't have to unplug anything.

That being said, I was hoping to retire the 360 when the Xbox One came out, but with titles like GTAV, it may have to stay plugged in for some time yet.

Sure, but how many inputs does the new TV have? Or do you mean an additional TV?

My problem is with HDMI inputs on my receiver. Only three inputs, and anything that supports 7.1 sound has to go through HDMI or analog, and 8 channel analog audio out won't be an option for most of this stuff.
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#29capnhowdy18Posted 9/8/2013 8:05:31 AM
Fustmonkey posted...
capnhowdy18 posted...
Well remember, the Xbox one does have a HDMI in, so technically something like the Roku could plug into the back of it. Personally I'm a little anal about my tv settings, so I wouldn't be plugging any Video device into the Xbox One. I'll be keeping my Xbox 360 plugged into it for a couple months.

Roku plugged into an Xbox One or PS4 (or even an Xbox 360 or PS3) is a bit redundant. I don't use private Roku channels, so for me Roku is pretty much the same as using my Xbox 360 for video streaming like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and other.

But if you don't want to get rid off it, you can plug it in. As you said there are reason that you keep using it. I'm not saying you have to plug it in, just if you don't want to get ride of any of your devices, just plug one of them into the back of the Xbox One. I don't know if the XBox One has to be running for you to use that device.
#30Fustmonkey(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 8:12:59 AM(edited)
capnhowdy18 posted...
I don't know if the XBox One has to be running for you to use that device.

That's why I said it would seem redundant to plug a Roku box into the Xbox, which will probably have many of the same Roku apps anyways.

But if the Xbox runs as quiet and cool as it's said to be, then I won't need a roku box at all anyways. The entire reason I got a Roku box was for 5.1 amazon Prime and Netflix. Windows 8 now has 5.1 netflix, but I still need Roku for Amazon. Xbox and PS3 were too loud and hot, so that's why I went with Roku.

But you're right, I could just use the HDMI passthrough just in case I want to use the Roku for something like the college humor channel, or the Giantbomb channel.
---