Microsoft: Where are the games?

#1gameboybrycePosted 9/7/2013 11:27:46 PM
I keep seeing on this board that Sony is going to suffer a drought of games in the first year or 2 like the PS3 and that Microsoft is "bringing the games."

My thing is Sony's announced Infamous for Feb 2014, The Order for Fall 2014 and have some unannounced games still. That's not counting the slew of amazing looking third party multi plat games coming all throughout 2014. Let's not forget about the indie games (they may not be your preference but they definitely are coming and in numbers) exclusive to Sony systems (not counting PC), along with FFXIV and Diablo III (still no announcement for Xbox One yet) and the numerous F2P coming to PS4 exclusively (not counting PC). With that lineup of games for 2014 how can anyone say there will be a shortage. All Sony has been doing is showing off game after game after game.

Microsoft on the other talks about one game: Titanfall. They've announced Sunset Overdrive (no release window so far), Project Spark (2014), Fable Lengends (no release window) and Halo (no release window). Titanfall is the only game Microsoft has been sharing for a post launch 2014.

I'm not trying to down talk Microsoft (even though it may seem like it). I just feel like Microsoft has sold people on the idea of "1 billion dollars spent on games" without actually really showing anything. They've shown teasers for exclusives and then nothing. Honestly I have no idea what games are coming to the Xbox One after launch other than Project Spark and Titanfall and only Project Spark because that caught my attention at E3.

My question is then: Microsoft, where are the games promised?
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#2supermoc10Posted 9/8/2013 12:02:17 AM
Halo is confirmed for 2014.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#3lzanaglPosted 9/8/2013 12:04:57 AM
supermoc10 posted...

Correction. Halo by 343 is confirmed for 2014. They should just call it Failo now.
---
"The Arcana is the means by which all is revealed."
The World has returned to reclaim his throne. Send in the clowns.
#4gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 12:09:50 AM
Okay, well my thoughts on Halo withstanding it definitely is a title people will be excited for. But where is the diversity Microsoft promised too. Microsoft's arguably two biggest exclusives next year will be shooters again.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#5AIlenWalkerPosted 9/8/2013 12:13:07 AM
Gamers to Microsoft: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPjUO2YSjn0
#6BudWisenheimerPosted 9/8/2013 12:22:09 AM
gameboybryce posted...
My thing is Sony's announced Infamous, The Order and have some unannounced games still.

gameboybryce posted...
Microsoft on the other talks about one game: Titanfall. They've announced Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Fable Legends and Halo.

gameboybryce posted...

^Read what you wrote. Boiled down. Raw.
#7BruceLee1974Posted 9/8/2013 12:27:08 AM
Don't worry Microsoft will always bring Fable, Halo and more Forza's (although Forza is a launch game) out.

Microsoft do this every Generation, they bring out all these good games and exclusives ( well not all good) early on in the consoles life, then after that, they just rely on the same old franchises and then let 3rd party devs make games for them.
#8Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/8/2013 12:29:17 AM
supermoc10 posted...

who has confirmed this? I'd hate to see Halo join the other FPS 2 yr development cycles
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#9FustmonkeyPosted 9/8/2013 12:31:08 AM(edited)
BruceLee1974 posted...
Don't worry Microsoft will always bring Fable, Halo and more Forza's (although Forza is a launch game) out.

Microsoft do this every Generation, they bring out all these good games and exclusives ( well not all good) early on in the consoles life, then after that, they just rely on the same old franchises and then let 3rd party devs make games for them.

Are you honestly pissing and moaning that not all exclusives on the xbox consoles are 1st party?

When did gamers stop being gamers and start becoming OCD crybabies?
---
How many mods does it take to screw in a light bulb? "the lightbulb is technically not violating the TOS so we're powerless to do anything about it"
#10gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 12:41:55 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...
gameboybryce posted...
My thing is Sony's announced Infamous, The Order and have some unannounced games still.

gameboybryce posted...
Microsoft on the other talks about one game: Titanfall. They've announced Sunset Overdrive, Project Spark, Fable Legends and Halo.

gameboybryce posted...

^Read what you wrote. Boiled down. Raw.

No you decided to delete portions of what I said and only read what you wanted to read. I mentioned how people say Sony will have a shortage of games in 2014 but then went on to list the large number of games coming to the system in 2014. Then I went on to mention games Microsoft has announced but said nothing about after that. Not even release windows. And 2 of those Xbox games listed are third party exclusives. You forgot to quote the third party exclusives I listed for the PS4 which would include FFXIV and Diablo III (at the moment). Please don't try to pick and quote my topic to try and make your point.

And Fustmonkey please can we keep this thread civil, impossible I know.
---
LMAO