Microsoft: Where are the games?

#21gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 1:33:08 AM
pigman2003 posted...
Most of the indie games announced are either timed exclusives like "The witness" or not exclusives at all like "Minecraft" or the ones coming to VITA and PS3.

You talk about the bunch of First person shooter exclusives for the PS4 but the most talked about one is Titanfall, Quality over quantity.

Microsoft has Titanfall, Halo 5, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and D4 all confirmed for 2014, not to mention opening 5 new studios including Black Tusk who has an untitled game announced later down the line.

This isn't even mentioning the launch titles themselves.

whether you care about the games or not Microsoft is releasing more big budget games, and while big budget doesn't equate to better, I'd generally rather have next gen games on my next gen consoles, not indies.

And don't get me wrong, Infamous is probably one of my most anticipated games, probably on my top ten anticipated exclusives, however when everything else on that list is mostly Xbox One then I can't help but worry about Sony's ability to rear big budget titles.

Top ten exclusive game list

1.Titanfall
2.Quantum Break
3.Halo 5
4.Infamous second Son
5.Bayonetta 2
6.Sunset Overdrive
7.Project Spark
8.The Order
9.Dead Rising 3
10.D4

I don't even know what D4 is. And just like Sony's unannounced games they're unannounced so just like people don't count them on Sony I won't count them on Microsoft. And if the game is coming to PS4 and not coming to Xbox One then it's exclusive, doesn't matter if it's out already or coming to PS4 too. Because Xbox supporters hate talking about the fact that Titanfall is coming to PC and 360 too. So it's the same way with games only coming to PS4. A majority of console gamers don't game on PC too so even if a game is coming to PC it won't matter to a majority of gamers. You may not consider indie games next gen but at the end of the day they're on Sony consoles and not Microsoft's so they still count as games. Just not games you wanna play.

I made this topic to see what other games Microsoft has announced that I don't know about. I totally forgot about Quantum Break because they don't talk about it.

And Microsoft's huge promoting of Titanfall only shows me they still will only focus on shooters as their main exclusives. To me, and arguably any gamer who isn't into the shooter genre, Titanfall is just another shooter in the long list of shooters touted to knock CoD off it's perch. Destiny looks more interesting to me than that.

I guess I just have less faith in Microsoft to make good on it's promises when they're main focus is pushing the kinect.
Read this thread on how I and a lot of others feel about the kinect: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67181321

CapwnD posted...
wait, what? There's a few PC games coming to PS4 and.. what? What variety?

Read what I said above about PC games coming to consoles. And that's their variety. If you want to play different types of games that aren't just shooters or big budget Triple A titles, the PS4 looks to be the better bet.

I may hate Microsoft as a company and I definitely think they're a cancer to the industry but they make a system that has games on it and if they have great games I want to play them. I just hope they have great games and actually focus on them.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#22gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 1:36:21 AM
BudWisenheimer posted...
gameboybryce posted...
Hell, Project Spark is supposed to be coming out soon and they barely even talk about it.

Not sure what this means. Project Spark has been on display at all of MS's events. There is also probably more developer video demonstrations online of that game than any other next-gen game. Insomniac also did a long developer video explaining a lot of details about why they partnered with MS on this particular game and how Kinect will be used to frequently update the gameworld and design. There's even hours worth of demonstration video from the developers of Fantasia and most people here could not care less (understandably).

MS might be focused on launch. But there certainly isn't any shortage of discussion and info about some of these games. We actually know fewer truths about Ryse (good or bad) than we do about Project Spark.

Well dang, maybe I should blame the gaming sites I frequent for my shortage of knowledge on Microsoft games. I get the majority of my gaming news from Game Informer, Gematsu, Kotaku, and GameSpot mostly and they hardly talk about any Xbox One games other than Titanfall and the launch games.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#23BudWisenheimerPosted 9/8/2013 1:54:14 AM
gameboybryce posted...
BudWisenheimer posted...
gameboybryce posted...
Hell, Project Spark is supposed to be coming out soon and they barely even talk about it.

Not sure what this means. Project Spark has been on display at all of MS's events. There is also probably more developer video demonstrations online of that game than any other next-gen game. Insomniac also did a long developer video explaining a lot of details about why they partnered with MS on this particular game and how Kinect will be used to frequently update the gameworld and design. There's even hours worth of demonstration video from the developers of Fantasia and most people here could not care less (understandably).

MS might be focused on launch. But there certainly isn't any shortage of discussion and info about some of these games. We actually know fewer truths about Ryse (good or bad) than we do about Project Spark.

Well dang, maybe I should blame the gaming sites I frequent for my shortage of knowledge on Microsoft games. I get the majority of my gaming news from Game Informer, Gematsu, Kotaku, and GameSpot mostly and they hardly talk about any Xbox One games other than Titanfall and the launch games.

Well you're in for a treat. The Project Spark guys have an ass load of video on Twitch that will curl your doo doo. And if this launch goes as badly as people hope then you can bet MS will be trying to show every nugget of Halo and Fable and whatever else the have sooner than later.
#24DreDayyPosted 9/8/2013 2:07:05 AM(edited)
im not sure what you are complaining about you listed 2 ps4 games and pc ports and then 6 xbox one games.
---
|i7 3930k|Rampage IV Formula|32gb RAM|GTX 680|Samsung 830 128gb|Crucial M4 128gb|2 x 1TB WD Black|600t|AX 850|H100|
Acer Aspire S7 392
#25jjordan0002Posted 9/8/2013 2:08:51 AM
gameboybryce posted...
I keep seeing on this board that Sony is going to suffer a drought of games in the first year or 2 like the PS3 and that Microsoft is "bringing the games."

My thing is Sony's announced Infamous for Feb 2014, The Order for Fall 2014 and have some unannounced games still. That's not counting the slew of amazing looking third party multi plat games coming all throughout 2014. Let's not forget about the indie games (they may not be your preference but they definitely are coming and in numbers) exclusive to Sony systems (not counting PC), along with FFXIV and Diablo III (still no announcement for Xbox One yet) and the numerous F2P coming to PS4 exclusively (not counting PC). With that lineup of games for 2014 how can anyone say there will be a shortage. All Sony has been doing is showing off game after game after game.

Microsoft on the other talks about one game: Titanfall. They've announced Sunset Overdrive (no release window so far), Project Spark (2014), Fable Lengends (no release window) and Halo (no release window). Titanfall is the only game Microsoft has been sharing for a post launch 2014.

I'm not trying to down talk Microsoft (even though it may seem like it). I just feel like Microsoft has sold people on the idea of "1 billion dollars spent on games" without actually really showing anything. They've shown teasers for exclusives and then nothing. Honestly I have no idea what games are coming to the Xbox One after launch other than Project Spark and Titanfall and only Project Spark because that caught my attention at E3.

My question is then: Microsoft, where are the games promised?

Your real question should be. Why is 95% of games in 2014 for Sony all indie games and not actual good games?
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#26CaIiber345Posted 9/8/2013 2:11:48 AM
jjordan0002 posted...
gameboybryce posted...
I keep seeing on this board that Sony is going to suffer a drought of games in the first year or 2 like the PS3 and that Microsoft is "bringing the games."

My thing is Sony's announced Infamous for Feb 2014, The Order for Fall 2014 and have some unannounced games still. That's not counting the slew of amazing looking third party multi plat games coming all throughout 2014. Let's not forget about the indie games (they may not be your preference but they definitely are coming and in numbers) exclusive to Sony systems (not counting PC), along with FFXIV and Diablo III (still no announcement for Xbox One yet) and the numerous F2P coming to PS4 exclusively (not counting PC). With that lineup of games for 2014 how can anyone say there will be a shortage. All Sony has been doing is showing off game after game after game.

Microsoft on the other talks about one game: Titanfall. They've announced Sunset Overdrive (no release window so far), Project Spark (2014), Fable Lengends (no release window) and Halo (no release window). Titanfall is the only game Microsoft has been sharing for a post launch 2014.

I'm not trying to down talk Microsoft (even though it may seem like it). I just feel like Microsoft has sold people on the idea of "1 billion dollars spent on games" without actually really showing anything. They've shown teasers for exclusives and then nothing. Honestly I have no idea what games are coming to the Xbox One after launch other than Project Spark and Titanfall and only Project Spark because that caught my attention at E3.

Your real question should be. Why is 95% of games in 2014 for Sony all indie games and not actual good games?

Because the subjective nature of your question doesn't also apply to Microsoft's announced games, right? I mean, it's obvious that all of Microsoft's announced games are "actual good games."
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#27Spetsnaz420Posted 9/8/2013 2:12:35 AM
jjordan0002 posted...
gameboybryce posted...

Are you saying that indie = not good?
---
I don't conform to social convention
#28jjordan0002Posted 9/8/2013 2:14:26 AM
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
gameboybryce posted...

Im saying 98% of Indies are no good And most are made to be casual(play for five minutes and then turn it off) type games.
---
Xbox Live: D3ad1yV1rus
#29XenobowPosted 9/8/2013 2:16:07 AM
That why I recommend people to wait for some games before buying any console.
#30gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 2:57:12 AM
jjordan0002 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
gameboybryce posted...

Im saying 98% of Indies are no good And most are made to be casual(play for five minutes and then turn it off) type games.

I'd have to disagree. Yes, there are a lot of bad indie games. But if you've actually seen the indie games being released and actually heard journalist talk about them you'd see that these are actually some really good games. I've been watching Rev3Games videos on youtube and the journalist who went to PAX spoke highly of the indie games coming to Sony consoles. Honestly indie games are going to be a big part of the future of the industry because they allow for ideas that bigger publishers won't take a chance on. And best believe some of these studios will be scooped up by Sony and made into first party studios that have more reign on what games they make while having a better budget thanks to Sony.

So even if you don't think indies are important Sony does. And Sony's plan is the same as it's always been: make one or two first party launch games while letting third party studios fill the year post launch so that their other first party studios have more time to produce great games. It just so happens that this gen Sony has indie, third party, and F2P MMOs to tide people over. This is where their variety comes in.
Between Watch Dogs, infamous, DCUO, Warframe, The Crew, The Witcher 3, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Destiny and The Division along with the games still on PS3 I'll be playing (KH HD, FF X, Lightning Returns, Dark Souls, Beyond Two Souls) and some of the indies, my 2014 is going to be completed filled to the brim as I'm sure others will be too.
---
LMAO