Microsoft: Where are the games?

#31Spetsnaz420Posted 9/8/2013 4:16:10 AM
gameboybryce posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
jjordan0002 posted...
gameboybryce posted...
I keep seeing on this board that Sony is going to suffer a drought of games in the first year or 2 like the PS3 and that Microsoft is "bringing the games."

My thing is Sony's announced Infamous for Feb 2014, The Order for Fall 2014 and have some unannounced games still. That's not counting the slew of amazing looking third party multi plat games coming all throughout 2014. Let's not forget about the indie games (they may not be your preference but they definitely are coming and in numbers) exclusive to Sony systems (not counting PC), along with FFXIV and Diablo III (still no announcement for Xbox One yet) and the numerous F2P coming to PS4 exclusively (not counting PC). With that lineup of games for 2014 how can anyone say there will be a shortage. All Sony has been doing is showing off game after game after game.

Microsoft on the other talks about one game: Titanfall. They've announced Sunset Overdrive (no release window so far), Project Spark (2014), Fable Lengends (no release window) and Halo (no release window). Titanfall is the only game Microsoft has been sharing for a post launch 2014.

I'm not trying to down talk Microsoft (even though it may seem like it). I just feel like Microsoft has sold people on the idea of "1 billion dollars spent on games" without actually really showing anything. They've shown teasers for exclusives and then nothing. Honestly I have no idea what games are coming to the Xbox One after launch other than Project Spark and Titanfall and only Project Spark because that caught my attention at E3.

My question is then: Microsoft, where are the games promised?

Your real question should be. Why is 95% of games in 2014 for Sony all indie games and not actual good games?

Are you saying that indie = not good?

Im saying 98% of Indies are no good And most are made to be casual(play for five minutes and then turn it off) type games.

I'd have to disagree. Yes, there are a lot of bad indie games. But if you've actually seen the indie games being released and actually heard journalist talk about them you'd see that these are actually some really good games. I've been watching Rev3Games videos on youtube and the journalist who went to PAX spoke highly of the indie games coming to Sony consoles. Honestly indie games are going to be a big part of the future of the industry because they allow for ideas that bigger publishers won't take a chance on. And best believe some of these studios will be scooped up by Sony and made into first party studios that have more reign on what games they make while having a better budget thanks to Sony.

So even if you don't think indies are important Sony does. And Sony's plan is the same as it's always been: make one or two first party launch games while letting third party studios fill the year post launch so that their other first party studios have more time to produce great games. It just so happens that this gen Sony has indie, third party, and F2P MMOs to tide people over. This is where their variety comes in.
Between Watch Dogs, infamous, DCUO, Warframe, The Crew, The Witcher 3, Lords of the Fallen, Dragon Age: Inquisition, Destiny and The Division along with the games still on PS3 I'll be playing (KH HD, FF X, Lightning Returns, Dark Souls, Beyond Two Souls) and some of the indies, my 2014 is going to be completed filled to the brim as I'm sure others will be too.

Well said...one of the biggest problems with AAA devlopers is that they're afraid to try new things. Some of the most innovative games I've seen this gen have been indie titles.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#32HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/8/2013 5:02:07 AM
My thing is Sony's announced Infamous, The Order and have some unannounced games still.

You think MS also doesn't have unannounced games? People were saying the same **** in 2012 that MS "only" had Gears Judgment and as it turned out they had an entirely new console with it's own exclusives that no-one knew about.

We should expect the following to be in development

Forza Horizon 2 (basically confirmed)
Crackdown 3 (basically confirmed)
BigParkGame
MS Victoria game
Lift London games
K & L game
Good Science game
MS Osaka game
New Gears
New Epic game series

Not to mention a whole manner or casual kinect garbage like Nike Fitness and Sesame Street.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#33embrandedonePosted 9/8/2013 5:02:40 AM
I love your sig
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#34gameboybryce(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 5:12:31 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
My thing is Sony's announced Infamous, The Order and have some unannounced games still.

You think MS also doesn't have unannounced games? People were saying the same **** in 2012 that MS "only" had Gears Judgment and as it turned out they had an entirely new console with it's own exclusives that no-one knew about.

We should expect the following to be in development

Forza Horizon 2 (basically confirmed)
Crackdown 3 (basically confirmed)
BigParkGame
MS Victoria game
Lift London games
K & L game
Good Science game
MS Osaka game
New Gears
New Epic game series

Not to mention a whole manner or casual kinect garbage like Nike Fitness and Sesame Street.

Please read through the thread, I've already acknowledged this part of the topic.

embrandedone posted...
I love your sig

If this is for me thank you. This came from some poster back in the Xbox One announcement days. Ahhh, good times.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO