Can we agree about one thing?

#41Millertime660Posted 9/8/2013 3:51:46 AM
gameboybryce posted...
Millertime660 posted...
gameboybryce posted...
Golden Maven posted...
Getting both consoles (XBox One and PS4) would be overkill for the vast majority of people. Would you agree with that?

Therefore most of us have a decision to make. Now then, will you support a homegrown product, or a product from Japan? Don't forget that the XBox One will have more western games than the PS4. That is already true if you look at the already announced games.

Microsoft is a cancer to the gaming industry imo. Therefore I don't care if they are an American company and I'm an American citizen. They suck for the industry and have no true feelings for the industry except as a means to make money. One can at least say Sony, Nintendo, Sega and Atari all had/have love for video games and truly cared about the industry and wanted to make great experiences for gamers. Microsoft could give two f***s what gamers think. Case and point: Kinect.

So no, we as American gamers, shouldn't support Microsoft just because they're an American company. Japan doesn't not support Microsoft because they're an American company. They don't support them because they know they're a s*** gaming company, plain and simple.

Thats a pretty strong opinion! Sounds like you never planned on getting an Xbox one in the first place?

I wanted an Xbox One before it was announced. Then I didn't want one. Now if they have some must have exclusives that don't require XBL (I refuse to pay for two subs) then I'll get one. Whether that be new or used I'm undecided.

Here's the thing, I have nothing against the system itself. I hate the company that makes it. But I love gaming more. I don't believe my not buying the system is going to make or break whether Microsoft leaves the industry. Do I want them to leave the industry, yes and no. No because they force Sony to continue stepping their game up because competition breeds a better product. Yes, because after everything's that's gone down and the fact that Microsoft still to this day doesn't see anything wrong with what they were planning on doing makes me realize just how horrible they are to the industry. With all that in mind I just want to play great games and if I have to buy a Xbox One so be it. If Microsoft leaves the industry, then great. All I hope is people stand up to them when they reverse their policies (and with their not thinking they were doing anything wrong) they eventually will.

I dont think ill "stand up to them" if they reverse anything. I was all for the direction they were going in. Let me be a little clearer though. I am always online so the check in thing wouldnt have bugged me.... but I do agree with disc based games being DRM/check in free. However I do understand that if you are going to have the sharing of digital copies then there needs to be some sort of DRM in place.

It would take knowing all of the facts for me to decide whether or not I like them or not but in the end, the family sharing was one of my more anticipated features of the system. I do hope they find a way to reinstate that. They obviously have realized that this topic was alienating their customers so they will tread extremely lightly in the future. Remember.... the 360 just started making them profit so by no means in 2 years are they going to do anything that will sell less systems.

I understand your hatred for the company but It would be bad for gaming if microsoft went anywhere.
#42Spetsnaz420Posted 9/8/2013 3:58:56 AM(edited)
Fustmonkey posted...
Spetsnaz420 posted...
Fustmonkey posted...
Wow this topic went from stupid to dumb.

And Neo, I wouldn't talk.. you and the pony force don't even know when your own tre-bros are trolling eachother anymore.

Stop posting while you're angry...it shows and isn't flattering.

Ummm...

On topic
Its stupid to buy or pass up a product because of where the product is developed...especially game consoles. Go with what suits your tastes and don't let arbitrary loyalty decide for you.

Is this not what I've been saying in this topic?

wow.

I'm referring to your first and moderated post...the second part wasn't referring to you. I didn't say your point was wrong...the delivery was and reeked of anger. I'm really not trying to start a thing here...I agree with your point, I just think there's better ways to get your point across.
---
I don't conform to social convention
#43gameboybrycePosted 9/8/2013 4:13:01 AM
Millertime660 posted...

I dont think ill "stand up to them" if they reverse anything. I was all for the direction they were going in. Let me be a little clearer though. I am always online so the check in thing wouldnt have bugged me.... but I do agree with disc based games being DRM/check in free. However I do understand that if you are going to have the sharing of digital copies then there needs to be some sort of DRM in place.

It would take knowing all of the facts for me to decide whether or not I like them or not but in the end, the family sharing was one of my more anticipated features of the system. I do hope they find a way to reinstate that. They obviously have realized that this topic was alienating their customers so they will tread extremely lightly in the future. Remember.... the 360 just started making them profit so by no means in 2 years are they going to do anything that will sell less systems.

I understand your hatred for the company but It would be bad for gaming if microsoft went anywhere.

That's one of the reasons why I don't want Microsoft to leave the industry. They themselves are horrible. But as another major player in the industry they make Sony have to be better which is better for everyone. I just don't want them to try to force their idea of change on the industry. You may not have had a problem with what they were doing but I did and for numerous reasons. Why I say Microsoft doesn't have a real love for gaming or the industry is because they don't realize the difference between console gaming and Steam on PC. They see Steam and think if we could implement this on consoles we could make a lot of money. They fail to realize that Steam only works on PC because the landscapes are different. The reasons why people game on consoles and why people game on PCs are not the same and Microsoft is the only ones who don't understand this.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#44TeraPatrick2008Posted 9/8/2013 4:28:24 AM
A Wii U and a PS4 is all you need
#45immortaltech6Posted 9/8/2013 4:49:17 AM
gameboybryce posted...
Microsoft is a cancer to the gaming industry imo. Therefore I don't care if they are an American company and I'm an American citizen. They suck for the industry and have no true feelings for the industry except as a means to make money. One can at least say Sony, Nintendo, Sega and Atari all had/have love for video games and truly cared about the industry and wanted to make great experiences for gamers. Microsoft could give two f***s what gamers think. Case and point: Kinect.

So no, we as American gamers, shouldn't support Microsoft just because they're an American company. Japan doesn't not support Microsoft because they're an American company. They don't support them because they know they're a s*** gaming company, plain and simple.

Indeed.
#46AIlenWalkerPosted 9/8/2013 4:51:32 AM
Golden Maven posted...
Excuse me? Do you know what is in my PS3 right now? Tales of Xillia. Is that eastern enough for ya? I'm not being a pigeon hole whatever, I'm suggesting we support homegrown products just as the Japanese do themselves. For god's sake man.

And I have to say, that suggestion looks like one that was hit one too many times with the stupid hammer.
#47AIlenWalkerPosted 9/8/2013 4:52:37 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#48AIlenWalkerPosted 9/8/2013 4:55:11 AM
TeraPatrick2008 posted...
A Wii U and a PS4 is all you need

immortaltech6 posted...
gameboybryce posted...

Indeed.

No doubt.
#49QcGamerPosted 9/8/2013 5:14:02 AM
I dont play FPS (except for Borderland 1&2) and I always prefered the xbox, just for the ergonomy of the controller, that was the only point in my decision and for the games they both have all of the major one anyway, for what is of the power of the engine, the difference between one and the other is not even visible when you play the same game so why fighting over two good products anyway...I will end up buying both as I did anyway, I'll just wait a couple months to see the REAL reviews from REAL people and I'm sure many will do as I!!
#50gameboybrycePosted 9/8/2013 5:16:58 AM
QcGamer posted...
I dont play FPS (except for Borderland 1&2) and I always prefered the xbox, just for the ergonomy of the controller, that was the only point in my decision and for the games they both have all of the major one anyway, for what is of the power of the engine, the difference between one and the other is not even visible when you play the same game so why fighting over two good products anyway...I will end up buying both as I did anyway, I'll just wait a couple months to see the REAL reviews from REAL people and I'm sure many will do as I!!

Little known fact that Microsoft supporters don't want to mention: the DS4 has been the more preferred controller by pretty much every journalist and person who's used the two controllers at the different conventions.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO