what if microsof comes later with the drm policies and used games and betray us?

#1ghostofspartapPosted 9/8/2013 2:53:33 AM
i dont know but when the xbox one sells millions microsoft can come with these policies back after millions of us has bought its console. if this happens what you gonna do?
---
PSN-P4R4N01AK<----> WIIU-heroeoftime <----> THE WIIU :EIGHT GENERATION SLEEPING GIANT
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/8/2013 2:58:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DH1n7KqYtQ
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#3BudWisenheimerPosted 9/8/2013 2:58:56 AM
I won't be surprised if Sony and MS both do this. But I'm buying all my games digital so I'll be ready.
#495_EclipsePosted 9/8/2013 2:59:30 AM
They will probably do so. They'll start on the digital end of things, then what they will do is start making all their exclusives require the cloud, tricking the small minded masses by saying it's improving graphics, when it's really nothing more than online DRM. Once they get all their exclusives down, they'll start getting more and more 3rd parties to do the same.

It's really only a matter of time, the only real hope for gamers is Sony stands up against it, or Nintendo makes an epic return.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#5TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/8/2013 3:00:15 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
They will probably do so. They'll start on the digital end of things, then what they will do is start making all their exclusives require the cloud, tricking the small minded masses by saying it's improving graphics, when it's really nothing more than online DRM. Once they get all their exclusives down, they'll start getting more and more 3rd parties to do the same.

It's really only a matter of time, the only real hope for gamers is Sony stands up against it, or Nintendo makes an epic return.

could you be any more obvious?
---
#6PokebaldyPosted 9/8/2013 3:00:55 AM
Unlikely in the near future, as they are still reeling from the aftermath crash and burn unveiling during E3.

However, when people forget about this incident in the future and the Xbox pick up in sales (probably), Microsoft might get arrogant again and repatch this. OR Sony would do so well this gen that they get arrogant and forced that policy down. It really depends on which side forgets himself and try to burn bridges, but so far Microsoft is the company that holds the worst track record. I havent really seen a real public apology from Microsoft yet, while Sony's exec bow down to their fans during the PS3 burnfest.
#7ghostofspartap(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 3:02:00 AM
95_Eclipse posted...

or the next sega dreamcast comes to the rescue
---
PSN-P4R4N01AK<----> WIIU-heroeoftime <----> THE WIIU :EIGHT GENERATION SLEEPING GIANT
#895_EclipsePosted 9/8/2013 3:03:08 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

About what? My prediction? o.o

Or are you insinuating that I'm a sony fanboy, just because I've used what's already happened as a baseline for my prediction?

Stop being a blind fanboy for a second, and you'll realize it's very likely to happen. Most likely, Sony will follow suit as 3rd parties go that route. It's either that, or they'll go the route of Nintendo.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#9TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/8/2013 3:08:33 AM(edited)
95_Eclipse posted...
TheApd_Returns posted...
95_Eclipse posted...

About what? My prediction? o.o

Or are you insinuating that I'm a sony fanboy, just because I've used what's already happened as a baseline for my prediction?

Stop being a blind fanboy for a second, and you'll realize it's very likely to happen. Most likely, Sony will follow suit as 3rd parties go that route. It's either that, or they'll go the route of Nintendo.

i like how you immediately jump to sony fanboy. freudian slip?

it's not 'very likely' to happen because it makes little sense to do it in the middle of the lifecycle... it would completely fragment the market. the whole incentive to doing this is MS getting a slice off the used games market, and this would backfire against that objective magnificently. not to mention, retroactively licensing games as online-only keys would be a nightmare.
---
#10Millertime660Posted 9/8/2013 3:13:12 AM
there will obviously be some form of drm for digital copies of games. I dont think the physical copies will change but we are gonna see the whole industry pushing digital. As far as Im concerned digital DRM wont affect me in a negative way. I own tons of digital media already.