Xbots using ACTUAL Bots to rig a vote

#171TBONE_OGPosted 9/9/2013 10:04:21 AM
MVNeo posted...
My money is on it being a PS4 fanboy doing it on purpose and then sending in a tip.

It's a false flag, just like the Syrian chemical attack. You do something against your side and then blame your enemy to make them look bad to the world.

This right here. Makes the most sense.
---
Always O.G.
#172CapwnDPosted 9/9/2013 10:22:56 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Lapanui posted...

Not really, they are still voting more than once. It would be no good if they allowed people to vote for the next president more than once, you would have people voting and going to the back of the line to vote again.

I also like how the article mentions:

"It’s a poll on the internet! Unless you’re convinced that USA coming out on top in favor of Xbox One over the PS4 on GameSpot will turn the tide in Microsoft’s behaviour, it is a waste of time."

There is a huge difference between a guy voting in that poll more than once (as I'm sure many xbox fans have done as well and which is perfectly fine) and a guy actually spending time and money setting up email addresses and bots to try and change the outcome of a meaningless internet poll.

If it was just a poll on the internet, why has someone posted in on Gamefaqs to justify their purchase? If the PS4 sells more than the X1, why should anyone else care besides the people who own shares O.o

So because one person on Gamefaqs claims to have based his choice on an internet poll, it suddenly gets legitimacy?
I'm not sure what you're trying to point out.

That's the point of this topic: one guy or company cared enough to set up bots to vote.
It's a demonstration of how pathetic a fanboy or company can get in these console wars.

Almost as pathetic as the perpetually pissy trolls who come here to "fan the flames of dismay" right?
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#173Exodus_PrimePosted 9/9/2013 10:24:09 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
While we cannot confirm who is behind the onslaught of sudden bot-voting in Microsoft’s favor in the “battle of PS4 vs Xbox One,” whoever is responsible for this is committing one of the utterly saddest acts of delusion. Regardless of it being for money or for fun in their spare time, the fact that somebody spent a lot of time to create multiple email addresses required to create multiple Twitter accounts in order to spam a GameSpot contest that has been mostly inactive and forgotten is really disheartening.

This should be directed at all the trolls on this board. Perfect description right there.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#174SoulTrapperPosted 9/10/2013 1:30:27 AM
CapwnD posted...

Almost as pathetic as the perpetually pissy trolls who come here to "fan the flames of dismay" right?

Nah, I think the people with their own xbox fansite that don't contribute anything but negativity and continue to live in the disillusion that anything they've contributed so far has been anything but fallacies are the most pathetic.

Because we all know those people were wrong all the way when they were defending the idiotic policies and mandatory kinect BS.

It seems as though those people are now trying to vent their anger by trolling this boards users who were trying (and succeeded) in making the xbox a better product.

Their blind fanboy rage will, of course, prevent them from acknowledging or even realizing this.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#175Sevi_neyPosted 9/10/2013 2:09:44 AM
haha

you can't make this up

man tha'ts wacky
---
http://i.imgur.com/HjHpwRu.jpg
#176Ryan-06Posted 9/14/2013 2:23:54 AM
The person who spammed the votes must've been scared for this life. Maximum butthurt.
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks.
#177TheDon1981Posted 9/14/2013 2:28:47 AM
WOW!

This is sad. Someone takes console wars too seriously.
What a waste of time and energy.

My guess is the guy needs mental help. :(
---
LBP2 levels:
Paper Scissors Rock Championship - Mortal Kombat 9 - Ultimate Deathmatch
#178embrandedone(Topic Creator)Posted 9/14/2013 7:50:12 AM
Bump
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#179Ryan-06Posted 9/14/2013 7:51:48 AM
Why? ^
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada. US sucks.