Is Microsoft behind if they don't have a VR device like PS4?

#1MilesTeg420Posted 9/8/2013 12:59:52 PM
It seems like Sony is really ahead of the game. They have been working on a VR device since before the Rift existed. Sony is very interested in pushing gaming to the next level and that's something I can appreciate.

So is Microsoft behind? First, they make an underpowered console, now they are getting beaten to the VR party by their biggest competitor in videogames. It's strange because Microsoft has always pushed tech, but with Xbox One they seem more interested in media services, TV, and a forced camera. Maybe some kind of gimmicky augmented reality Kinect stuff in the future? Strange times indeed.
#2PorungaPosted 9/8/2013 1:02:23 PM
No, not really. I can't imagine the ps4 headset display having much of a attachment rate.
#3SunDevil77Posted 9/8/2013 1:03:15 PM
Oculus has been working with Xbox. You do realize that [good] VR that will be affordable for the average consumer is probably over 5 years away.
---
The average lifespan of a raccoon is ~5 years.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#4pblimp360Posted 9/8/2013 1:04:21 PM
I see a bunch of troll worthy bait words in the OP. Can you guys spot them?
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#5gameboybrycePosted 9/8/2013 1:08:48 PM
Honestly, if Sony can make a VR device on par with the Oculus Rift that works with all their titles and with a large number of third party titles, that is cheap enough for the average consumer then they could have a hit on their hands. Or it could be just another gimmick, who knows. Either way, they are beating Microsoft to the punch, even if the Oculus Rift is going to work on the Xbox One (along with the PS4 too).
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO