why is this game 499 euros in Europe?!

#1HermeticJusticePosted 9/8/2013 8:38:36 PM
IIRC the Euro is much greater than the US Dollar

also why is the game 429 Pound Sterling in UK, shouldn't it be cheaper for Europeans as well?

accoring to google 499 USD is 379 EUR

also in google 657 USD is 499 EUR

I could probably pay less just importing the game for the States (which might be an option since there is no region lock for this console)

also why isn't it available in that many countries during launch. if I buy a XBox One in Spain can I play it in Portugal?

I don't mean to troll or anything, just living in Europe and I'm amazed why a console would be the name numeric price (499) even though the changes to the currency are very drastic.
---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#2Orange_ApplesPosted 9/8/2013 8:45:40 PM
Because that is just how things are.

MS is limiting their countries at launch to ensure they have enough stock in their priority countries.

no region locking means you can buy one from any country and use it as long as you can feed the console the right kind of power, so if you get one in Spain it should work.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#3HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 8:49:01 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
Because that is just how things are.

MS is limiting their countries at launch to ensure they have enough stock in their priority countries.

no region locking means you can buy one from any country and use it as long as you can feed the console the right kind of power, so if you get one in Spain it should work.

I just hate when I have to pay more (in a sense) for the same thing other people are getting for less, especially when it's something official as this

I'll definitely get one shipped if I ever decide to get one, no need in paying so much when I can the American version for less
---
#4Orange_ApplesPosted 9/8/2013 8:52:03 PM
how much would it cost to get it shipped from the States? And how much time would it take to ship?

Would the shipping costs and time be worth getting the console cheaper?
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#5HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 8:59:36 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
how much would it cost to get it shipped from the States? And how much time would it take to ship?

Would the shipping costs and time be worth getting the console cheaper?

I'm sure the shipping costs won't be more than 120 Euros, which is how much I technically spend buying it here

also time is rather unimportant, as long as I'm playing it in December

One thing I wonder is that in European stores tax is usually accounted for the price, where as in the States it's added on

so using the 8.25 tax in some states the system costs 559.99$

not that much extra to warrant a balance (about a 100$ more would make the difference negliable), but definitely something to keep in mind

unless there is a great deal over here, I can't see what would make me buy it locally
---
#6Orange_ApplesPosted 9/8/2013 9:19:29 PM(edited)
well, if it costs less and you get it a little later and you don't mind the wait in time, I guess it wouldn't be a bad option to import it. Not exactly sure how you would go about doing that, but if you know I say go for it.

Do you guys use the same electrical plugs as we do over here? You probably already have a converter, but that might be something else to consider.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay the little extra for the less to figure out. And I've put way too much thinking into the XB1...

I don't feel like doing the math, but how much are you expecting to save? 30 Euros?
---
PC + Nintendo
#7HermeticJustice(Topic Creator)Posted 9/8/2013 9:21:45 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
well, if it costs less and you get it a little later and you don't mind the wait in time, I guess it wouldn't be a bad option to import it. Not exactly sure how you would go about doing that, but if you know I say go for it.

Do you guys use the same electrical plugs as we do over here? You probably already have a converter, but that might be something else to consider.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay the little extra for the less to figure out. And I've put way too much thinking into the XB1...

don't worry I've done this before, since apparently having things that are the same numeric price but extremely different complete price is a typical business maneuver done by companies

it's even worse when a game I want comes to the States but not in the PAL regions, also the lack of translations in video games, but I guess I'm going to have to deal with it
---
#8KOOGARPosted 9/9/2013 12:24:18 AM
A game is 499? You must be talking about a Neo-Geo cartridge game, so why posting in the Xbone section?
#9Orange_ApplesPosted 9/9/2013 1:00:35 AM
KOOGAR posted...
A game is 499? You must be talking about a Neo-Geo cartridge game, so why posting in the Xbone section?

I thought about that too, then I realized that English isn't TC's first language. That's pretty common in Europe.
---
PC + Nintendo