Is it true that the XBone's first commercial did not show any games?!

#101SnakeSoldierPosted 9/9/2013 3:05:40 AM
FinzFan4life posted...

They didn't "show" games throwing characters from games that except for killzone don't exist and are not in game form it doesn't count as showing games, yeah a lot of game stuff but not technically showing off games.

Uhhhh, there were a hell of a lot more real characters in that commercial than just Killzone.

Let's see how many games I can pick out:

As camera enters battlefield:
- Guy swats away a Clicker from The Last of Us
- Assassin's Creed characters on right
- Killzone characters on left
- Diablo 3 Shaman in center

As guy charges into dogpile:
- Diablo center-right
- Skyrim dragon in sky
- Dragonborn walking towards dragon
- NBA2K series basketball hoop on left

Near end:
- Giant Knack in background, right

That's just what I could pick out in a couple of minutes.
---
"How do i eat using my butt? I tried and it doesn't seem to work." -GabeMorris
#102CaIiber345Posted 9/9/2013 3:13:12 AM
This is how you can successfully market your brand strategy in terms of both gaming and multimedia.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/09/sonys-brilliant-day-with-playstation-video/
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#103SnakeSoldierPosted 9/9/2013 3:33:01 AM
CaIiber345 posted...
This is how you can successfully market your brand strategy in terms of both gaming and multimedia.

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/09/09/sonys-brilliant-day-with-playstation-video/

That was awesome. I've been leaning towards picking up a Vita lately and I'm really close to buying one now, as long as I can be sure I've got the extra cash to afford it. With Playstation Plus, I'll already have a few games for it (been grabbing them when I see that they're free, even though I don't have a Vita). The VitaTV thing looks pretty cool, too. This is one of the big reasons I love Sony. They get what gamers want.
---
"How do i eat using my butt? I tried and it doesn't seem to work." -GabeMorris
#104CaIiber345Posted 9/9/2013 3:35:15 AM
SnakeSoldier posted...
CaIiber345 posted...

That was awesome. I've been leaning towards picking up a Vita lately and I'm really close to buying one now, as long as I can be sure I've got the extra cash to afford it. With Playstation Plus, I'll already have a few games for it (been grabbing them when I see that they're free, even though I don't have a Vita). The VitaTV thing looks pretty cool, too. This is one of the big reasons I love Sony. They get what gamers want.

Funny part is, I'm not even interested in Vita, VitaTV, and that entire thing wasn't even in English...lol. Yet I got the interactive cross-media message just fine, which was delivered with games. Thanks to gameboybryce for putting me up on the video.
---
"There is a lot of middle ground between superhero powers and "Niko, let's go bowling." Dr_Mojo
GTA V: Jet Fighter Deer Hunting
#105hellslavePosted 9/9/2013 4:43:28 AM
Hate to go way off topic here, but in the PlayStation comericial, what was that ittle white box thing they were playig on?
---
Get MS Points just for using Bing!
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9778718&rrid=_050883a4-a571-6c14-7517-6035ff75eb68
#106SekaiIchibanPosted 9/9/2013 4:47:26 AM
hellslave posted...
Hate to go way off topic here, but in the PlayStation comericial, what was that ittle white box thing they were playig on?

I think that may be the Playstation Vita TV. Looks really neat to put into your pocket.
#107LICKWIDPAlN(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 6:14:33 AM
I think some guys are still missing the point. I know, you know, we, in this board, know that the Xbone is capable of playing games. The problem is that MS says one thing and does another, if not the exact opposite!

MS claims they are trying to get back in gamers good graces but if you actually look at their actions, they haven't done jack ****.(Throwing money around for timed exclusive content is a cheap band aid at best. Just look at the 360). This commercial is just more salt in the wound, just another instance if MS arrogance.

You are for the gamers and you are "sorry" you messed up your relationship by being money hungry but your first spot is for arguably the most bonehead demographic in the country?! Pifft, please. Don't piss on me and call it rain.
---
PS3 / 3DS / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync!
#108triple sPosted 9/9/2013 7:01:51 AM
Anybody with common sense knows that the main focus is on games. They are simply showing off a big feature they have on the system TO THE AUDIENCE THAT THE FEATURE MIGHT HELP IMPROVE SALES ON! The point of advertising. I agree with the person that said people try to make ant hills in to mountains about everything concerning the Xbox One. I laugh when people say the Xbox One isn't focusing on games yet they showed quite a few interesting exclusives and will end up sharing majority of the library that the PS4 has.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22