Microsoft at TGS, go big or go home.

#1pigman2003Posted 9/9/2013 4:24:07 AM
Microsoft has always struggled in japan and hasn't bothered to show up at TGS for awhile but this could be their chance to win japanese gamers over but it won't be easy.

If Microsoft goes out on stage and gives a basic presentation then they are going to lose, they are not going to get anywhere.

However if Microsoft goes big, if they have another E3 where they list game after game, show off their japanese studios then I think they could have a shot, especially with the PS4 holding off until 2014.

If Microsoft gives anything less than stellar at TGS then they will once again go down hard in japan, but if they can pull it off then maybe, just maybe, the can actually make a name for themselves.
#2ScRuiPosted 9/9/2013 4:30:44 AM
If your a gamer, regardless of where you live in the world, you will buy all systems available... Simply for the games that are exclusive for each...
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#3AirborneNarwhalPosted 9/9/2013 4:31:27 AM
The Xbox One doesn't even have a release date in Japan, maybe that's the first thing they should work on don't you think?
#4RawringAirPosted 9/9/2013 4:31:55 AM
I care about Japan and whether or not Microsoft makes tons of money so I'm really glad I clicked this topic
---
Best poster on GameFAQs
You are the most irritating GameFAQs poster, correct your sig. - Crack_Fox
#5supermoc10Posted 9/9/2013 5:13:05 AM
I think Microsoft will try one last big push in Japan because of the Wii U failing to sell well. Phil Spencer said that they have some big announcements planned for TGS, though he said there wouldn't be a 1st-party JRPG. After this morning's fantastic SCEJA conference, I can't wait to see what Sony and Microsoft have planned for TGS.

ScRui posted...
If your a gamer, regardless of where you live in the world, you will buy all systems available... Simply for the games that are exclusive for each...

As someone who always gets all consoles, I always found people who said this stupid. If someone doesn't have the means to buy all systems, is he not a gamer?
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#6ScRuiPosted 9/9/2013 5:26:57 AM
supermoc10 posted...
I think Microsoft will try one last big push in Japan because of the Wii U failing to sell well. Phil Spencer said that they have some big announcements planned for TGS, though he said there wouldn't be a 1st-party JRPG. After this morning's fantastic SCEJA conference, I can't wait to see what Sony and Microsoft have planned for TGS.

ScRui posted...

As someone who always gets all consoles, I always found people who said this stupid. If someone doesn't have the means to buy all systems, is he not a gamer?

How am I stupid for that? If your a gamer... Meaning gaming is a big hobby in your life, you will throughout the lifetime of that 'said' console buy it and enjoy its praticular exclusives....

I did NOT say 'gamers' would/should buy all consoles at once and spend 1000$ + .... That undeed would have been stupid of me to say, because most people don't have disposable income like that...
---
#7ScRuiPosted 9/9/2013 5:27:33 AM
*indeed ... Damn phone
---
#8Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/9/2013 7:15:49 AM
Microsoft going there to show their awesome lineup.

Madden, CoD, BF4, A GT clone, a zombie shooting game and Ryse, a game based in Rome.

Microsoft will get laughed off the stage, probably why they don't try to market anything for the Japanese.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#9MetroidFan9999Posted 9/9/2013 7:17:10 AM
pigman2003 posted...
Microsoft has always struggled in japan and hasn't bothered to show up at TGS for awhile but this could be their chance to win japanese gamers over but it won't be easy.

If Microsoft goes out on stage and gives a basic presentation then they are going to lose, they are not going to get anywhere.

However if Microsoft goes big, if they have another E3 where they list game after game, show off their japanese studios then I think they could have a shot, especially with the PS4 holding off until 2014.

If Microsoft gives anything less than stellar at TGS then they will once again go down hard in japan, but if they can pull it off then maybe, just maybe, the can actually make a name for themselves.

What kind of delusion is this?

MS will never make it big in Japan, hate to burst your bubble. They already spent billions to try...
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#10TYTOS_LANNlSTERPosted 9/9/2013 7:19:29 AM
ScRui posted...
I did NOT say 'gamers' would/should buy all consoles at once and spend 1000$ + .... That undeed would have been stupid of me to say, because most people don't have disposable income like that...

No, but you said something equally stupid in that gamers should have all eventually, which is not true.

I tried the multiplatform experiment this gen with just the PS3 and 360, and I wound up with a backlog all gen that is still ongoing to this day. My shelf is littered with sealed games I might not even get around to.

Unless one has absolutely no life, you simply cannot play every game and system, unless you skim through a game for a few hours, then dump it, regardless of whether you complete it or not.