microsoft built the thing with advertising as #1 priority.........NUads is here!

#41JediBoB101Posted 9/9/2013 6:07:24 PM
DIVINExFABLE posted...
Ads really don't bother me, I mean it honestly can't be that big of a deal. And if its something that's targeted towards me personally, maybe it's something I want to see? As long as I can find what I'm looking for then what's the problem?

the denial....its delicious
---
GT: Thunderbird718
3DS FC: 3909-7664-1550
#42DIVINExFABLEPosted 9/9/2013 6:12:05 PM
JediBoB101 posted...
DIVINExFABLE posted...
Ads really don't bother me, I mean it honestly can't be that big of a deal. And if its something that's targeted towards me personally, maybe it's something I want to see? As long as I can find what I'm looking for then what's the problem?

Everyone deals with ads on a daily basis, I still don't see the problem. Does the tv show you watch have commercials? Exactly. Doesn't that website you're on have ads? Absolutely. Google, gamefaqs, YouTube, Facebook, heck, even newspapers and magazines! Everything's got ads bud.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#43supervegito24Posted 9/9/2013 6:19:35 PM
DIVINExFABLE posted...
JediBoB101 posted...
DIVINExFABLE posted...

Everyone deals with ads on a daily basis, I still don't see the problem. Does the tv show you watch have commercials? Exactly. Doesn't that website you're on have ads? Absolutely. Google, gamefaqs, YouTube, Facebook, heck, even newspapers and magazines! Everything's got ads bud.

DVR and adblock, mate.
---
See whatever is up there^? Yes that. It's a lie. Oh wait you already knew that? In that case all of it is completely true.
#44GuardianShadow0Posted 9/9/2013 7:03:08 PM
Yeah, **** that noise.
---
Killer of Topics
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RYXYmYq3kWc
#45Orange_ApplesPosted 9/9/2013 7:11:21 PM
So, this is another horrible rumor that MS confirmed.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#46DIVINExFABLEPosted 9/9/2013 7:38:38 PM
supervegito24 posted...
DIVINExFABLE posted...
JediBoB101 posted...
DIVINExFABLE posted...

DVR and adblock, mate.

DVR doesn't block ads, merely gives you a means to skip them. They're still there though.
---
XBL GT: Karmosity
Believe it or not, He's the good guy.
#47PokebaldyPosted 9/9/2013 8:24:58 PM
Titanlol posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
HypnoCoosh posted...
This guys comment was spot on

"Microsoftís intentions for this machine have been pretty clear cinse itís unveiling; to anyone willing to look that is. They obviously envisioned the box, at least in part, as a way to beat Google- by offing highly sophisticated (if unethical) marketing data and interactive advertising to advertisers.

But itís a flawed business model from the get go because it relies on to many things to work and they werenít sneaky/smart enough to pull it off.

First; they have to have the internet. Not just internet for multiplayer. Always on internet. But consumers said no sale and they had to back peddle.

Next they have to have an always on kinect, But that violates privacy, and adds an extra $100 to the price tag, and consumers are saying hell no and asking why about the price and forced inclusion now that itís not needed.

And we havenít even got into the need for cable, which is integral to X1 functioning for these purposes. But the cable companyís smartened up and said no (made their own version), which ruins the subsidized lower price Iím sure they were banking on, and customers will say no to paying for both cable and gold and continue to migrate toward netflix and similar streaming services not behind paywalls.

The goal of getting a cheap cable subsidized advertising spy box has not gone well for them. And now theyíre left to rebrand a system made for an entirely different purpose and forced to fight a battle against a better designed more powerful system from a refreshingly gamer-centric and razor sharp Sony.

Good luck with that Microsoft, LOL

ďI would of gotten away with it if it wasnít for those darn kidsĒ"

This.

Oh man, that!

Definitely These
#48tadmfpolePosted 9/9/2013 9:18:02 PM
axelfooley2k5 posted...
http://doddscientifics.com/2013/09/04/kinects-killer-app-isnt-for-gamers-its-for-advertisers-welcome-to-the-age-of-nuad/

did microsoft realy think everyone would buy xbone because 360 was great?
not thinking about what xbone consists of?
just buy because they are loyal?

didnt see any other topics...........but even if there are it should be posted every single day

That is pretty much exactly what they thought. The majority of the pre orders now are from diehard brand loyalist and there just aren't enough of those to carry the system to the success they would like to see. They have corrected most of what pissed everyone else off but a lot of people already made up their mind and don't appear to be coming back.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#49BearblatterPosted 9/9/2013 11:03:49 PM
Stuff like this is why I am not buying an Xbone. I have nothing to hide, but its the principal of the matter. If they want to put cameras and microphones in our homes, they should be up front about it. Shady practices don't make you a successful company.
---
I have pre-ordered a PS4, and have yet to decide if I want to buy an Xbox One.
#50SaintFC_Posted 9/9/2013 11:27:17 PM
MS are a joke. They are like cartoon characters rubbing their hands together and hoarding all their gold.
---
'The average age of the UK gamer is now 35'
I'm the ghost in the machine, I'm the genius in the gene, I'm the beauty in the beast, I'm the sunset in the east .