Who would you say got the better deal from Capcom?

#21SORS_IMMANISPosted 9/9/2013 8:06:56 AM
Considering that I am a huge fan of the Souls series, which Deep Down seems to have taken most of its inspiration from...
#22x1STP_KLOSRxPosted 9/9/2013 8:08:06 AM
I've never liked Dead Rising so I'll say Sony.
#23MetroidFan9999Posted 9/9/2013 8:08:59 AM
Randomized Dark Souls (if you can't see how great this is, shame on you) vs. mindless killing of thousands of zombies.

Hmmm................TOUGH CHOICE for a thinking gamer such as myself.
---
That's just, like...your opinion, man.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#24regsantotomasPosted 9/9/2013 8:18:48 AM
Inafune. He finally gets to make a Mega Man successor.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#25zeroalphamaxPosted 9/9/2013 9:32:13 AM
Nintendo for sure.
Monster Hunter is a HUGELY popular game in japan and it doesnt sell too poorly in the west either.
#26supermoc10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 10:31:36 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
Depends on how you look at it:

DR3 will sell more copies and is something that will even convince people to get an xbox.

Deep Down looks to appeal more to the "hardcore" gamer, the audience Sony is aiming for, and could wind up being something like Dark Souls: a game you either love or hate.
But that also means less sales and less appeal and less people would be convinced by that game to get a ps4.

How do you know it'll sell more? The PS4 is looking to be a lot more popular than the Xbox One worldwide. Also, Deep Down isn't as "hardcore" as you think. None of the stuff they've shown make it seem like it's Dark Souls in terms of gameplay. The atmosphere is similar though.
---
PSN & Xbox Live: supermoc10
"Mr Zurkon does NOT come in peace"
#27NerdimusPrimePosted 9/9/2013 4:15:46 PM
quickposter posted...
Nintendo.

---
If you value privacy please sign here: https://optin.stopwatching.us/
#28SoulTrapperPosted 9/10/2013 1:34:56 AM
supermoc10 posted...

How do you know it'll sell more? The PS4 is looking to be a lot more popular than the Xbox One worldwide. Also, Deep Down isn't as "hardcore" as you think. None of the stuff they've shown make it seem like it's Dark Souls in terms of gameplay. The atmosphere is similar though.

It appeals to a bigger audience.
I don't know whether or not it will sell more, but it has that advantage.

I never said it was more "hardcore", just that it would appeal more to that market segment and less to the wider audience DR3 is aiming for.

It's a simple fact that zombie shooters/survival games have a wider appeal than medieval dragon fighting that isn't called Skyrim.

I don't know if it will sell more, it's my estimate based on my explanation in this and the previous post.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#29rusty12000Posted 9/10/2013 3:09:22 AM
Deep Down looks amazing.
---
Everything EA contributed to gamers around the world in one youtube clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBoesEFWZnM
#30chrish909Posted 9/10/2013 3:11:25 AM
SoulTrapper posted...
supermoc10 posted...

It appeals to a bigger audience.
I don't know whether or not it will sell more, but it has that advantage.

I never said it was more "hardcore", just that it would appeal more to that market segment and less to the wider audience DR3 is aiming for.

It's a simple fact that zombie shooters/survival games have a wider appeal than medieval dragon fighting that isn't called Skyrim.

I don't know if it will sell more, it's my estimate based on my explanation in this and the previous post.

Wii u had a bunch of preorders and look how it sold. Dr3 is the 3rd game in a franchise and it has very unique gameplay, it has little competition gameplay wise. Deep down is a new ip with a very little fanbase. Its very ignorantt to act like a franchise series wont outsell an original ip regardless of which system its on. Also deep down is going to be the lostplanet version of dark souls. I have a very hard time calling it an 'original' ip.

Why do people with no desire for x1 and have even stated they dislike this board, keep posting here? Why tc? Do you really like to torture yourself like that? If you dislike x1 and its board maybe you should stop coming?
---
Sony promised 30 first year exclusives for ps4 first year. Too bad they are mostly indy titles.