Deep Down's gameplay presentation made Ryse look mediocre in all areas

#1PhaseBlackPosted 9/9/2013 6:56:41 AM
I thought Ryse looked pretty decent visually, but Deep Down literally blew me away and made Ryse look unimpressive in the process. Like "This is what Ryse should be". The textures were so detailed and crisp, the combat has so much to it with the magic, and just everything felt alive and breathing.

I have to say Ryse is no longer my most anticipated third person action game
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2bessy67Posted 9/9/2013 6:57:41 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
I thought Ryse looked pretty decent visually, but Deep Down literally blew me away and made Ryse look unimpressive in the process. Like "This is what Ryse should be". The textures were so detailed and crisp, the combat has so much to it with the magic, and just everything felt alive and breathing.

I'll repeat: What is with the sudden influx of trolls? You finally got some new news from Sony; go talk about it on those boards.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#3Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/9/2013 6:58:32 AM
PhaseBlack posted...

You say this as if it once was.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#4ScreamingMidgetPosted 9/9/2013 6:59:04 AM
Ryse always looked bad in all areas...
#5PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 7:03:41 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Oh come on, Ryse never looked that bad aside from the combat, it could have been a nice cinematic experience. But Deep Down........ thats just a beast of a game in every sense.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#6bessy67Posted 9/9/2013 7:04:45 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Oh come on, Ryse never looked that bad aside from the combat, it could have been a nice cinematic experience. But Deep Down........ thats just a beast of a game in every sense.

Cool. But why are you talking about it here, and comparing it to a game that is not even in the same genre?
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#7PhaseBlack(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 7:07:40 AM
bessy67 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

Cool. But why are you talking about it here, and comparing it to a game that is not even in the same genre?

Because I automatically drew a comparison to Ryse when I saw the knight entering the cave. And how are they not in the same genre? Deep Down is more of an action game than it is am RPG, it may have some aspects of an RPG but it plays like an action game
---
PSVita & 3DS
#8NSGraphitePosted 9/9/2013 7:07:52 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#9Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/9/2013 7:08:21 AM
PhaseBlack posted...

I agree that Ryse looks fine, to me. I don't believe for one second that it was your most anticipated 3rd person action game.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#10userfrigginamePosted 9/9/2013 7:08:23 AM
Where's the gameplay trailer? Was it supposed to be the that trailer they showed at that conference yesterday?