What could make X1 more appealing?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 9/9/2013 7:45:26 AM
I'm shocked to see that even now, PS4 has a HUGE pre-order lead over X1, so that got me wondering...what do you think could make X1 more appealing? Removing the Kinect is likely not gonna happen, so what else do you think? I think bundling a free digital game would help a lot with the value. You'd get X1 console, Kinect 2.0, controller, headset, 1-month of XBL, and a free game.

With the pre-order numbers being how they are, I think they definitely need to do this.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#2yiangaruuugaPosted 9/9/2013 7:48:32 AM
If they announce that AMD's new Radeon R-200/Volcanic Islands GPU is built as a dGPU inside the X1 making at the very least on par with PS4 graphically.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#3SavageTrooperPosted 9/9/2013 7:50:29 AM
Umm X1 is a vehicle made by BMW
#4Bryant187Posted 9/9/2013 7:51:30 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
I'm shocked to see that even now, PS4 has a HUGE pre-order lead over X1, so that got me wondering...what do you think could make X1 more appealing? Removing the Kinect is likely not gonna happen, so what else do you think? I think bundling a free digital game would help a lot with the value. You'd get X1 console, Kinect 2.0, controller, headset, 1-month of XBL, and a free game.

With the pre-order numbers being how they are, I think they definitely need to do this.

A free game would be cool, but Im content with the x1 anyways. Also in my small town x1 was ahead by 5 in preorders. Of course not all preorders of both consoles were fulfilled. So I may bring extra cash to pick up exra stuff. lol
---
Don't choose a console because of price, hardware or popularity. Choose a console because it has the games you want. For me that choice is X1.
#5MrImpatient35(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 7:51:49 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...
If they announce that AMD's new Radeon R-200/Volcanic Islands GPU is built as a dGPU inside the X1 making at the very least on par with PS4 graphically.

Ooooh I forgot about that. That'd be insanely awesome. I talked to my friend about this, and I was thinking that they need to announce something big at TGS, but he says it wont happen because MS usually does bad at TGS, so why would they let out the big guns there? If not there, then at Eurogamer at the least. Things aren't looking too good right now.
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#6BruceLee1974Posted 9/9/2013 7:52:58 AM
They could have a deal where if you buy a Xbone console Microsoft will give you a free PS4 as well. THat will make millions of people buy one.
#7yiangaruuugaPosted 9/9/2013 7:55:51 AM
MrImpatient35 posted...
yiangaruuuga posted...

Ooooh I forgot about that. That'd be insanely awesome. I talked to my friend about this, and I was thinking that they need to announce something big at TGS, but he says it wont happen because MS usually does bad at TGS, so why would they let out the big guns there? If not there, then at Eurogamer at the least. Things aren't looking too good right now.

AMD is suppose to be unveiling it at the end of this month, therefore allowing MS to make it public. I was reading a few articles yesterday, and it mentioned that MS might have kept it private for 2 reasons: AMD contract prevented leaking, and to keep Sony from adding something better before mass-production.
---
GT: xFrostxPhoenix
Now Playing: BF3, DC 2 Waiting for: MW3,Skyrim, ACR...Monster Hunter is the **** btw.
#8ScreamingMidgetPosted 9/9/2013 7:57:19 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
They could have a deal where if you buy a Xbone console Microsoft will give you a free PS4 as well. THat will make millions of people buy one.

That is pretty much the only thing that would make the Xbone appealing.
#9twotoothmcgeePosted 9/9/2013 7:58:18 AM
yiangaruuuga posted...

Yes. For me it's about hardware parity. Xbox needs to include something to justify the additional cost - Kinect is inadequate.
#10PokebaldyPosted 9/9/2013 7:59:21 AM
1. Lowering the price, down to atleast as low as PS4, for starters. They are the inferior consoles, specwise, after all.

2. Some good exclusive GAMES are a MUST, and I don't mean some shooter/space marine with big guns rip off. >___> if they can't compete graphically (most likely), compete in terms of fun gameplay, story, something !!

There are other stuff, but the aforementioned 2 reasons are the BIGGEST and MOST IMPORTANT factors. I really could not care less about the OS or the TV functions.