Kojima addresses criticism over MGSV's "sexy" Quiet character

#1zerooo0Posted 9/9/2013 9:30:48 AM
m.gamespot.com/news/kojima-addresses-criticism-over-mgsvs-sexy-quiet-character-6414204

I was never really bothered by Quite design. I just thought she was BA, & never really paid attention to her "Sex" appeal.

Oh well, MGSV day one buy.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#2Semi45aPosted 9/9/2013 9:32:35 AM
indeed all hot characters need to be loud and proud.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#3bessy67Posted 9/9/2013 9:36:15 AM(edited)
"But once you recognize the secret reason for her exposure, you will be ashamed of your words & deeds"

I'm calling it right now: She's working undercover as a stripper or hooker. That, or she's a hooker but the bad guys kill off her best client and she starts on a massive campaign of vengeance against the people who killed her cash cow.
---
"Immigrants. That's all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#4aj4x94Posted 9/9/2013 9:36:10 AM
That Halo guy is decades late to the party if he's complaining about sexually charged female character models in this series. I'm not really shocked or surprised by Quiet's outfit at this point.
---
Playing: The Last of Us, System Shock 2, Splinter Cell Trilogy, Siren Blood Curse, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Blacklist
PSN: T-Snake94, XBL: T-Snake 94
#5RollnThunder213Posted 9/9/2013 9:36:47 AM
I don't really care how someone designs a character, for me it was just the reasoning behind it.

Like I think it's different if the sexuality was a part of the character's personality and design, in this case it was to "increase figurine sales and for cosplay", that's the part that is just irresponsible and stupid.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#6Webmaster4531Posted 9/9/2013 10:00:14 AM
Quiet is the Hideo upping the ante.

Sniper Wolf functional with cleavage.
Meryl functional tomboy look and stolen uniform with a nice walk cycle.
Olga hairy pits and a cyborg outfit.
Fortune functional? swimsuit that shows her muscular body.
Eva Jumpsuit which she zips it down to mess with snake but not anyone else. Uniform.
The Boss functional which she zips down to show her cesarean scar.
Meryl 100% Functional.
Naomi Lab coat with cleavage.
B & B unit.
---
Ad Hominem.
#7KaiserWarriorPosted 9/9/2013 10:04:27 AM
aj4x94 posted...
That Halo guy is decades late to the party if he's complaining about sexually charged female character models in this series. I'm not really shocked or surprised by Quiet's outfit at this point.

He doesn't even belong at the party. Coming from Digital Boobs Cortana, nobody involved with Halo has any room to talk.
#8Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/9/2013 10:05:56 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Oh well, MGSV day one buy.

Why's that? What's this one's story revolve around?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#995_EclipsePosted 9/9/2013 10:09:06 AM
KaiserWarrior posted...
aj4x94 posted...

He doesn't even belong at the party. Coming from Digital Boobs Cortana, nobody involved with Halo has any room to talk.

Yeah, what was the deal with that? It was odd seeing her look so different when I finally got around to playing H4.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
If you believe used games are the industries problem, then you sir or ma'am are a fool.
#10KaiserWarriorPosted 9/9/2013 10:13:41 AM
95_Eclipse posted...
Yeah, what was the deal with that? It was odd seeing her look so different when I finally got around to playing H4.

That was just the new team finally copping to what Bungie had been doing for three games without having the technology to pull it off. Cortana was always a naked, busty digital babe since the first Halo, they just didn't have the polygon count to go into much detail. They could have given her clothing or armor or some kind of covering, but they chose not to and just didn't put nipples on the model.

It is now hip, as VERY SRS VIDYA PEOPLE, to pretend that you're offended by boobs. I can't wait for this preposterous phase of hypocrisy to pass.