MS should look at the new PS4's ad

#81MasteroftheArtsPosted 9/9/2013 8:30:28 PM
Muryo posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRveeP_PzM&guid=&client=mv-rim&hl=en&gl=US

See MS? THIS is how you advertise your gaming machine, for the games and not football (no offense to the fans of the sport of course)

Yes. Insulting the consumer's intelligence by presenting an unbelievably long commercial that is total fantasy with completely over-the-top acting is how you advertise your gaming machine.

That ad was terrible. I rolled my eyes at least five times over the course of the whole thing. Nothing quite like sitting through four and a half minutes (for a ******* commercial, no less) of bad acting so that I can witness a series of events that will never come to pass. I particularly like how the one team spent what I'm guessing is at least 5 minutes getting to 10 points and the other team gets 11 in 30 seconds. Guess the batteries in their controllers went dead. Oops! Spoiler alert. Everyone might not have seen the mov..er.. I mean commercial they were showing.

But let's not introduce context or, god forbid, logic into this. Bbbbbut they didn't show any games!!! Nevermind the obvious fact that this commercial was played during football because it's the start of the football season. That doesn't fit my ridiculous narrative of not liking the Xbox One.

I can't stand watching football in the slightest and it's patently obvious that this criticism is absurd.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#82fallangePosted 9/9/2013 8:50:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhu0MMS7RjY
---
have you heard the news?
the dogs are dead!
#83Lord_Ka1nPosted 9/9/2013 9:21:06 PM
i dont know if thats really an ad though, way too long.

but yeah.
#84cpcjlc3Posted 9/9/2013 9:31:09 PM
ejay8320 posted...
MS goal is to get non-gamers to buy the xbox one, the problem is the xbox one needs the support of the core gamers and as of now it is behind the PS4(pre-orders, polls, overall perception).

The core gamers are generally the early adopters of the next gen consoles, not what the advertisement is targeting. While the NFL fans can be gamers I doubt they will be early adopters. This commercial would've been better used after the system has had a couple of months in the market, and a gamer centered or at least a overall concept xbox one commercial be used. This commercial is far to focused on a certain market it is ignoring its core fan base.

Good points except for one problem. The core gamer has already made up their mind for the most part about which console to get. MS is looking at the fact that while the current PS4 pre-orders are outpacing the XB1 pre-orders, casual gamers have yet to get in the race. They are looking ahead to the future (which is something they really failed at during E3 so it is refreshing to see) at the demographic they want to capture.
As a marketer you are taught to capture and create customers for the future, which is what MS is attempting to do. They know they will never win amongst the hard core gamer. So they have wisely decided to move past that and focus on the more social, casual gamer, which is what the XB1 caters to (more so than the PS4).
#85GietzyPosted 9/9/2013 9:44:01 PM
TrickyPony posted...
Shocker, I want an X1 and I saw the commercial while watching football yesterday, that's how it's supposed to work.

Actually no. If you know you want an XBOne there is no point advertising it to you. That is a waste of money. Advertising is meant to reach people who have no knowledge of a product or who have some knowledge but don't know whether they want it yet. That's how it's supposed to work.
---
My Setup: http://tinyurl.com/d395sf6
PSN/XBL/Steam: Willavom
#86cpcjlc3Posted 9/9/2013 9:52:27 PM
Gietzy posted...
TrickyPony posted...
Shocker, I want an X1 and I saw the commercial while watching football yesterday, that's how it's supposed to work.

Actually no. If you know you want an XBOne there is no point advertising it to you. That is a waste of money. Advertising is meant to reach people who have no knowledge of a product or who have some knowledge but don't know whether they want it yet. That's how it's supposed to work.

That's not exactly true. If it were Coca Cola would need to advertise very little. Advertisement is also for brand reinforcement as well as a concept called brand ranking. I.E. customers who like both Coke and Pepsi the same but see a Coke ad just before being given a choice will more than likely choose Coke.

That is why Sony being so quiet on the PR front may actually hurt them. Customers that are still on the fence, but see MS in the news a lot may be more inclined to chose Xbox, even if some the the information is negative.
#87embrandedonePosted 9/10/2013 12:08:21 AM
Dudebros...dudebros, everywhere.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#88cpcjlc3Posted 9/10/2013 1:06:47 AM
embrandedone posted...
Dudebros...dudebros, everywhere.

Don't you just love it when someone adds absolutely nothing to a conversation.
#89Alienware4LifePosted 9/10/2013 1:24:57 AM
There are more football fans than hardcore gamers by a large margin, it is not even close
---
Check out my PC,360,ps3, Movie, Old School game vidoes http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicConspiracy?feature=mhee
#90ILikesCheesePosted 9/10/2013 10:56:39 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Muryo posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abRveeP_PzM&guid=&client=mv-rim&hl=en&gl=US

See MS? THIS is how you advertise your gaming machine, for the games and not football (no offense to the fans of the sport of course)

Yes. Insulting the consumer's intelligence by presenting an unbelievably long commercial that is total fantasy with completely over-the-top acting is how you advertise your gaming machine.

That's not fantasy, that is TOTALLY how life is like in Japan!

:D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?