Can JRPG's be successful on Xbox One?

#1Second_HokagePosted 9/9/2013 11:05:28 AM
Since Japan isn't getting xbone any time soon, do you think that if japanese devs started sending JRPGs to the west for the Xbone, will they find success?
#2JusticeSwordPosted 9/9/2013 11:12:45 AM
No.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#3RybalPosted 9/9/2013 11:12:47 AM
Nope - hasn't worked yet, no reason to expect it to work now.
#4Joey-ZazaPosted 9/9/2013 11:14:39 AM
Maybe. There was some success with Dragon's Dogma but that was highly westernized.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#5IzzythewinnerPosted 9/9/2013 11:16:54 AM
the xbone isnt even officially marketed towards gamers. and considering rpgs are a purebred genre for mainly actual gamers, i dont count on more then 5 true rpgs been released on the xbone throughout it's generation
#6avidgamer4Posted 9/9/2013 11:25:10 AM
Second_Hokage posted...
Since Japan isn't getting xbone any time soon, do you think that if japanese devs started sending JRPGs to the west for the Xbone, will they find success?

Were they successful for the Xbox 360? Does that answer your question?
#7ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/9/2013 11:27:44 AM
I hope not, JRPG is an outplayed and outdated genre that should really just die. The only advancement in JRPGs that have been made since FF is FF XV not really being a JRPG.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#8TheKnifeMonkeyPosted 9/9/2013 11:32:59 AM(edited)
ilikehamandhalo posted...
I hope not, JRPG is an outplayed and outdated genre that should really just die. The only advancement in JRPGs that have been made since FF is FF XV not really being a JRPG.

It takes one hell of an ignorant person to say a video game genre that many people around the world take great joy in playing should cease to exist.....And I'm not even a JRPG guy. That's just an incredibly ignorant, even selfish statement.
---
25, living like I was born yesterday
Loving life, doing right, earning every breath I take
#9IzzythewinnerPosted 9/9/2013 11:36:12 AM
TheKnifeMonkey posted...

It takes one hell of an ignorant person to say a video game genre that many people around the world take great joy in playing should cease to exist.....And I'm not even a JRPG guy. That's just an incredibly ignorant, even selfish statement.

clearly he isnt being serious, hes just trolling, im sure he likes jrpgs too, hes just trying to fit in the general mainstream crowd lol

look at his name, its an obvious red flag :P
#10ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/9/2013 11:36:20 AM
TheKnifeMonkey posted...

It takes one hell of an ignorant person to say a video game genre that many people around the world take great joy in playing should cease to exist.

Really it does? Cause I think not. I dont care about any of those people, at all. JRPGs are awful, the stories are mainly outplayed love stories so dull they make MC and Cortanas story look like The Notebook. The gameplay hasnt changed in like 20 years yet FPS are called out for being generic and overplayed? Yeah, id rather play an ACTUALLY RPG where you can actually role play and have fun, not running around in what seems like an empty field only to be met with monsters every 10 seconds, O WATE, YOU CAN KINDA SEE SOME OF THE MONSTERS IN THE NEWER ONES!!!

So no, im not ignorant, not at all. A dbag who doesnt care about gamers who like JRPGs? Yeah, thats me.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you