Why is Major Xbone upset at the Xbone's name?

#11quickposterPosted 9/9/2013 12:00:28 PM
They picked it. Obviously the community was going to give it some joke name because that is what people originally perceived the console to be.
#12cpcjlc3Posted 9/9/2013 12:04:22 PM
TrickyPony posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...
As a disabled veteran, I'm more irritated that he has the gall to call himself "Major" even though he never served in the military. Major azz is more like it (and yes, I'm an xbox fan).

are you being serious? That sounds beyond petty

Actually I was being sarcastic, but after going back and reading it, it didn't come off that way.

I couldn't care less what he calls himself, what he thinks of the nickname of the console, or what anyone on this board calls it or thinks of it either. I make my choices based on my opinions, not anyone elses.
#13swatkiller546Posted 9/9/2013 12:15:06 PM
Izzythewinner posted...
to be fair, a Major Nelson is a wrestling hold that is done using your arms, submissioning a person from behind by pushing down on the back of their head.

that's called full nelson
---
FC: 4768-7796-9687
#14masterlouPosted 9/9/2013 12:27:41 PM
major nelsons gt is taken from I dream of genie --- those of you not old enough to know
---
" the discovery channel has monkeys and our vcr has gone wonkey" .. anya:: GT:alieneraser
#15TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/9/2013 12:31:15 PM(edited)
cpcjlc3 posted...
As a disabled veteran, I'm more irritated that he has the gall to call himself "Major" even though he never served in the military. Major azz is more like it (and yes, I'm an xbox fan).

as a veteran, it's the name of the main character guy from I Dream of Jeannie.
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#16ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/9/2013 1:31:00 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...

as a veteran, it's the name of the main character guy from I Dream of Jeannie.

As a chef, Captian/Major/ect. hold no more meaning then my title of Chef, just another worker.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#17JeDDyDPosted 9/9/2013 1:39:29 PM
masterlou posted...
major nelsons gt is taken from I dream of genie --- those of you not old enough to know

It's actually 'I dream of Jeannie'. Though, you obviously aren't old enough to know that.
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#18BlueJester007Posted 9/9/2013 1:41:56 PM
I threw my dog an xbone once.

It was horrifying what followed.
---
Deus Ex: Human Revelation OST Title: I Never Asked For Discs
#19ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/9/2013 1:42:32 PM
JeDDyD posted...
masterlou posted...

It's actually 'I dream of Jeannie'. Though, you obviously aren't old enough to know that.

Or he could just think a show about a genie has the word genie in it.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#20Ramsus082Posted 9/9/2013 1:44:32 PM
Sorry, Major. They can't just flip a switch and change the name, you're stuck with it.