Why is Major Xbone upset at the Xbone's name?

#21ElectricMolePosted 9/9/2013 2:55:48 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Sorry, Major. They can't just flip a switch and change the name, you're stuck with it.

Albert Penello: "#DontKnowEm"
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188
#22JeDDyDPosted 9/9/2013 2:57:58 PM
ilikehamandhalo posted...
JeDDyD posted...
masterlou posted...
major nelsons gt is taken from I dream of genie --- those of you not old enough to know

It's actually 'I dream of Jeannie'. Though, you obviously aren't old enough to know that.

Or he could just think a show about a genie has the word genie in it.

No, I'm pretty sure he just read that tidbit of info on this very site, anyone that actually knows of the show would know what it's called.
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#23TrickyPonyPosted 9/9/2013 2:58:22 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
TrickyPony posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...
As a disabled veteran, I'm more irritated that he has the gall to call himself "Major" even though he never served in the military. Major azz is more like it (and yes, I'm an xbox fan).

are you being serious? That sounds beyond petty

Actually I was being sarcastic, but after going back and reading it, it didn't come off that way.

I couldn't care less what he calls himself, what he thinks of the nickname of the console, or what anyone on this board calls it or thinks of it either. I make my choices based on my opinions, not anyone elses.

ahh, I missed it then.

And Jeannie was hot, dare I say she might have been the first celebrity I ever waxed my carrot to.
#24darkrizPosted 9/9/2013 3:01:10 PM
Xbone is clearly meant to be derogatory but That's why I don't like it. It's just a stupid word and people seem to have stuck to it. It seems to mostly be people who have negative things to say about the Xbox one who use it I think.
#25ilikehamandhaloPosted 9/9/2013 3:01:52 PM
JeDDyD posted...
JeDDyD posted...
masterlou posted...
major nelsons gt is taken from I dream of genie --- those of you not old enough to know

It's actually 'I dream of Jeannie'. Though, you obviously aren't old enough to know that.

No, I'm pretty sure he just read that tidbit of info on this very site, anyone that actually knows of the show would know what it's called.

I watched the show for years and thought it was genie, you are wrong. Its a very small assumption, no need to bust his balls over it.
---
B**** if you wave then I will surf you
#26iSkadooshPosted 9/9/2013 3:04:23 PM
darkriz posted...
Xbone is clearly meant to be derogatory but That's why I don't like it. It's just a stupid word and people seem to have stuck to it. It seems to mostly be people who have negative things to say about the Xbox one who use it I think.

Thats not true. I call it the Xbone, yet I eagerly await it's release.
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#27MeaglesVPosted 9/9/2013 3:06:42 PM
cpcjlc3 posted...
As a disabled veteran, I'm more irritated that he has the gall to call himself "Major" even though he never served in the military. Major azz is more like it (and yes, I'm an xbox fan).

It's a GT named after a sitcom. You can't tell me you believe there are really d3m0nEliteSn1p3rz too... Right?
#28JeDDyDPosted 9/9/2013 3:54:36 PM
JeDDyD posted...
JeDDyD posted...
masterlou posted...

I watched the show for years and thought it was genie, you are wrong. Its a very small assumption, no need to bust his balls over it.

You obviously didn't ever watch the show because the intro has it spelt out clearly for you, unless of course you can't read?
---
"Purple Monkey Dishwasher"
#29HermeticJusticePosted 9/9/2013 4:17:53 PM
TrickyPony posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...
TrickyPony posted...
cpcjlc3 posted...

Actually I was being sarcastic, but after going back and reading it, it didn't come off that way.

I couldn't care less what he calls himself, what he thinks of the nickname of the console, or what anyone on this board calls it or thinks of it either. I make my choices based on my opinions, not anyone elses.

ahh, I missed it then.

And Jeannie was hot, dare I say she might have been the first celebrity I ever waxed my carrot to.

---
The Official Kerberos of the SMT IV Board + Friend Code: 4983 - 6166 - 9895
QVODSVPERIVS.MACROPROSOPVS + QVODINFERIVS.MICROPROSOPVS
#30RayconPosted 9/9/2013 4:26:08 PM
JeDDyD posted...
JeDDyD posted...
JeDDyD posted...

You obviously didn't ever watch the show because the intro has it spelt out clearly for you, unless of course you can't read?

Cause everyone remembers everything about a show that originally aired over 30 years ago.

_
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718