Dashboard leak

#21BERZERKER17Posted 9/9/2013 3:21:27 PM
95_Eclipse posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
95_Eclipse posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...

It's pretty obvious that they wanted to make an OS that was universal across all of their devices, but overestimated the number of people with touch screen PCs.

Microsoft out of touch with their consumers on something? Come on man, you don't expect me to believe that do you o.o

I think that, very similarly to Xbox One, they were looking a couple years into the future and predicting how the market will be then but in the present many consumers aren't ready for some of the features.

DRM is a future I want no part of. Most of their actual "features" that weren't just restrictions on gamers, that only fanboys defended, would have worked just fine in todays market.

Digital game sharing, would work just fine on digital sales (would probably even help to sell digital copies) for example. The absurd restrictions are what caused them to fail, not "the consumers not being ready for features".

That's no better than saying "Consumers just weren't ready to pay 599 USD for a console", it wasn't that people weren't ready, it's that it was a dumb ass move.

Hopefully MS can recover the way Sony did (gaming division wise of course). Hopefully all the leadership changes will help with that.

I'm sorry, but consumers just weren't ready to pay 599 USD for a console which Xboned you literally.

Not forgetting the console itself (retail-wise) is basically dead weight until you download the patch (the actual OS needs to be downloaded).
---
R.I.P TimeSplitters 4, R.I.P FreeRadical, 21st December 2008.
XBL Gamertag: Catalytic Flash
#22LovecraftiangodPosted 9/9/2013 3:36:29 PM
All that bright green hurt my eyes. I prefer what I've seen of the ps4 os
---
PSN kolobos212 The time has come when the normal revolt against time,space, and matter H.P. Lovecraft
#23twotoothmcgeePosted 9/9/2013 3:50:12 PM
Golden Maven posted...
As a Windows 8 fan

Those exist?
#24GondolinRisesPosted 9/9/2013 3:51:48 PM
twotoothmcgee posted...
Golden Maven posted...
As a Windows 8 fan

Those exist?

Nah maven is just here to troll. Really not worth noting his silliness
---
Can't keep a good man down. More Fe + C than you.
#25TBONE_OGPosted 9/9/2013 4:01:06 PM
I think windows 8 is actually pretty good. The only thing that's not that useful is the whole app page. Like certain apps just don't make sense when you can use them faster and better on Chrome or whatever.

But the OS is solid on 8, actually better than 7 for me, so far...
---
Always O.G.
#26RayconPosted 9/9/2013 4:12:47 PM
twotoothmcgee posted...
Golden Maven posted...
As a Windows 8 fan

Those exist?

Good question. I've never met any in real life, anyway...
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718