So about this whole September AMD thing...

#1teeebzPosted 9/9/2013 3:49:06 PM
I've seen things here and there about the rumors and all that for the upcoming show and the idea of them hiding stuff.

What I wanted to know is, what if it turns out to be true? What exactly does that mean? I'm not very tech savy. I don't know much about all this different types of ram stuff.
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#2TheApd_ReturnsPosted 9/9/2013 3:51:48 PM
It doesn't matter, Xbox One is doomed because they aired an NFL ad. #MarketingMajor
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF3 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
#3TheBorderColliePosted 9/9/2013 3:52:55 PM
The long and short of it is that there is a theory that the XB1 is capable of doing much more than originally thought possible through much better technology than originally anticipated.

There is evidence to suggest this is true...but everyone just needs to wait and see. Many are skeptical, yet it would explain some of the power consumption questions and other things that have come up in recent months.
---
Proud supporter of the PS4 and Xbox #1
FACT: If you have privacy concerns about Kinect 2.0, then you better not have a smartphone either.
#4TBONE_OGPosted 9/9/2013 3:54:20 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
It doesn't matter, Xbox One is doomed because they aired an NFL ad. #MarketingMajor

Nice. I laughed.
---
Always O.G.
#5Ramsus082Posted 9/9/2013 3:54:37 PM
If it's true, it could mean that Microsoft did some more to close the power gap between the two consoles. This sounds a bit reminiscent of the 12GB RAM rumour, so don't hold your breath.
#6teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 3:55:43 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
The long and short of it is that there is a theory that the XB1 is capable of doing much more than originally thought possible through much better technology than originally anticipated.

There is evidence to suggest this is true...but everyone just needs to wait and see. Many are skeptical, yet it would explain some of the power consumption questions and other things that have come up in recent months.

Thanks for an actual reply towards my question.

But there are rumors as to what might actually be in the box right? If those rumors are true how will that enhance the system? Will it make the graphics better or what exactly? Will it be on par with ps4 then?
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#7Ramsus082Posted 9/9/2013 4:04:54 PM
teeebz posted...

But there are rumors as to what might actually be in the box right? If those rumors are true how will that enhance the system? Will it make the graphics better or what exactly? Will it be on par with ps4 then?

Hypothetically, it would be another, smaller graphics unit that's dedicated for processing certain kinds of code. It could help the GPU by offloading a lot of stuff, getting more performance out of the console in general. It would definitely help. I'm not qualified to answer whether it would put it on par with the PS4, but I'm speculating "no", since the difference in performance between the PS4's GPU and the XboxOne's is pretty large, and the second graphics chip would be there as a crutch for the GPU and not the other way around.
#8ScRuiPosted 9/9/2013 4:09:38 PM
The rumors are about tech (hardware) that hasn't been divulged yet....

Meaning there is things that no one has an answer for, its not that they are putting stuff in that wasn't originally supposed to be in, but stuff that's in there from the start but had to be kept secret because of a NDA that MS and AMD supposedly have....

Its a rumor right now... Is there a grey area... YES because its a fact not everything is known about both consoles yet .... Take it for what its worth, I guess

Here's the original topic...

http://m.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/67171116
---
"Be Smart @ Being Stupid & You'll NEVER Lose"
#9teeebz(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 4:09:41 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
teeebz posted...

Hypothetically, it would be another, smaller graphics unit that's dedicated for processing certain kinds of code. It could help the GPU by offloading a lot of stuff, getting more performance out of the console in general. It would definitely help. I'm not qualified to answer whether it would put it on par with the PS4, but I'm speculating "no", since the difference in performance between the PS4's GPU and the XboxOne's is pretty large, and the second graphics chip would be there as a crutch for the GPU and not the other way around.

Wow, all very interesting, thanks. I just want to know everything about the systems already. I can't wait to see side by side comparisons of multiplats as well
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#10KenRobertPosted 9/9/2013 4:09:54 PM
But why would they hide it instead of announcing it? I think it would be to late for Sony to adjust their hardware now. Isn`t PS4 in full production?