So about this whole September AMD thing...

#11Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/9/2013 4:10:39 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
teeebz posted...

But there are rumors as to what might actually be in the box right? If those rumors are true how will that enhance the system? Will it make the graphics better or what exactly? Will it be on par with ps4 then?

Hypothetically, it would be another, smaller graphics unit that's dedicated for processing certain kinds of code. It could help the GPU by offloading a lot of stuff, getting more performance out of the console in general. It would definitely help. I'm not qualified to answer whether it would put it on par with the PS4, but I'm speculating "no", since the difference in performance between the PS4's GPU and the XboxOne's is pretty large, and the second graphics chip would be there as a crutch for the GPU and not the other way around.

It wouldn't be on par with the PS4 but way past it, in fact it would be past any GPU on the market that AMD offers.

Around 2500 additional shaders, which is more than the 7970 but the issue is. The TDP of the Xbox One is only 100 Watts, the 7970 uses 250 watts so it's highly doubtful that the Xbox One's TDP of 100 Watts is going to handle the cpu, gpu, and dgpu. If that is true then AMD just changed portable gaming forever in laptops because it would be most powerful chip ever created and way ahead of its time.

That is why I call BS on it.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#12HENTAIDOJIPosted 9/9/2013 4:14:34 PM
What I wanted to know is, what if it turns out to be true?

What is is. 24 cars at 60 fps over 12 cars at 30fps is less magical after being explained than just being.

Destiny. It is mysterious.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#13Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/9/2013 4:15:09 PM
KenRobert posted...
But why would they hide it instead of announcing it? I think it would be to late for Sony to adjust their hardware now. Isn`t PS4 in full production?

Because it doesn't exist, nothing AMD is announcing is close to what that would be so it's not some hidden tech that AMD is going to release to change the PC market so having an NDA would not be required.

If it did exist, it would be discussed and or more actual leaks, hell. the thing is in production now, and leaks are very common for electronics that are in production in China. We have benchmarks from the production 9970 AMD card that's not going to be announced until later this month as an example of just how common it is.

If it were true, Microsoft would leak the information themselves to cover them legally because the Xbox One is in real bad shape right now.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#14RollnThunder213Posted 9/9/2013 4:15:33 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
If it's true, it could mean that Microsoft did some more to close the power gap between the two consoles. This sounds a bit reminiscent of the 12GB RAM rumour, so don't hold your breath.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not commenting on the veracity of the claims of the rumor

If it is true, it would make the XB1 have much more graphics processing power than the PS4, not just closing a gap. It also wouldn't be them "doing some more" considering that how much the dGPU is integrated into the system, it's something that must have been planned from the original design and not just something added recently. The 12GB of RAM rumor was possible because of the dev kits having 12 ( thus not needing to double it), but it would have been a reactive addition if it had happened.

Now...

Concerning whether it's true or not, I haven't a clue. Would I like to be getting more for my dollar? Sure. There is evidence that it could be true regardless of the "insider information" which lends more truth to the claim than just "I heard from someone..." like the RAM upgrade had, but again, there's no point in discussing the implications of it being there until after September 25. So until then we should just discuss the system as it currently exists.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#15Ramsus082Posted 9/9/2013 4:26:30 PM
KenRobert posted...
But why would they hide it instead of announcing it? I think it would be to late for Sony to adjust their hardware now. Isn`t PS4 in full production?

They are, yes. Also, developers are building code on these platforms as we speak. Some of them are already comfortable saying the PS4 is much more powerful. It's unlikely that they're going to stumble on what's currently a "black box" inside the XboxOne that they can't program for yet.
#16Ramsus082Posted 9/9/2013 4:28:17 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
What I wanted to know is, what if it turns out to be true?

What is is. 24 cars at 60 fps over 12 cars at 30fps is less magical after being explained than just being.

Destiny. It is mysterious.

Yo RAZ, you've seen those pre-order number disparities yet? What gives?
#17Ramsus082Posted 9/9/2013 5:03:11 PM
Well, Albert Penello just debunked this. Ah well, back to talking about the Cloud.