So why does MS insist on including Kinect, when there's hardly any Kinect game?

#1DarkestSoulsPosted 9/9/2013 9:54:34 PM
What a waste don't you think? here's this piece of **** hardware that most gamers don't want, and yet they force it in the box and price it 100 bucks more than their competitor. Who the heck came up with this idea? Don Matrick?
#2vmufanPosted 9/9/2013 9:57:57 PM
I guess they saw the huge success with the Wii controller, and they want to create a new good gimmick.

I'm not into kinect, I just play games that use the good old style controller.
---
NOW LOADING SIGNATURE...
#3DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2013 10:00:50 PM
vmufan posted...
I guess they saw the huge success with the Wii controller, and they want to create a new good gimmick.

I'm not into kinect, I just play games that use the good old style controller.

the success of Wii is like 5 years ago, that's ancient history in gaming industry. I guess that's where the disconnect between the decision makers in MS and the real gaming world
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/9/2013 10:02:13 PM
Because MS thinks gimmicks creates system sales, which they do for consoles that cost half the price.

Nobody is going to rush out and spend $500 on an Xbox One with the Kinect gimmick.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#5Foxx3kPosted 9/9/2013 10:02:53 PM
Fighter Inside, Zoo Tycoon, Kinect Sports Rivals, presumably that golf game...
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#6ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/9/2013 10:03:38 PM
I think it's a really cool piece of technology with a lot of potential, especially now that it will have a 100% attach rate.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 9/9/2013 10:04:49 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
I think it's a really cool piece of technology with a lot of potential, especially now that it will have a 100% attach rate.

They'll create a Kinect-less sku sooner or later.
---
Best Windows ever, Windows 8!
#8regsantotomasPosted 9/9/2013 10:05:57 PM
It isn't just for games but I am very much looking forward to Fantasia
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#9PorungaPosted 9/9/2013 10:12:36 PM
The bad part about the kinect situation is that it will be either be not utilized or poorly utilized for multiplatform titles.. which most games will be.

Developers will not spend the money and go through the effort to develop kinect functionality just for the xbo. If they can do so to utilize both the playstation camera AND the kinect, they will do it. But to do that, it will take advantage of neither camera's strengths. So, kinect will be largely be restricted to exclusive titles.

Microsoft had grand dreams for the kinect, and I don't believe any of them will come true.

The best they can hope for is to try and recoop their money by forcing everyone to buy it for very little reason or benefit.
#10teehee23Posted 9/9/2013 10:13:41 PM
Sony is developing that Eye thingy for ps4 so the industry, not just Microsoft, believe there's a market for it.

Thank you, Microsoft, for Kinect 2.0.
We want it.
We need it.
---
If you can't afford Xbox #1 there's ps4 as a lesser alternative.
Microsoft is the Heart and Soul for true hardcore oldchool gaming.