Micro$oft alters XBOX ONE FIFA 14 preorder promise, offers Forza 5 as new bundle

#11MasteroftheArtsPosted 9/10/2013 1:59:36 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
They just can't get their **** straight at all can they? They can't even follow up on a simple promise without altering the entire thing.

Translation: I can't ***** about them selling terribly because they ran out of copies of FIFA, so instead I'll ***** about them selling too well.

Can't wait for any more gems you'd like to grace us with.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#12BastichlivesPosted 9/10/2013 2:08:03 AM
How dare Microsoft try to give us something for free, and then give us something else for free instead.
The fiends.
---
Haters gonna hate.
#13ShaunageAUPosted 9/10/2013 2:17:07 AM
I would much rather Forza.
---
Ash nazg durbatulūk, ash nazg gimbatul,
ash nazg thrakatulūk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
#14Millertime660Posted 9/10/2013 2:26:55 AM
Bastichlives posted...
How dare Microsoft try to give us something for free, and then give us something else for free instead.
The fiends.

exactly
#15Sinful_LifePosted 9/10/2013 3:17:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJOEtvdHoAw&feature=youtu.be&t=31m57s
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." -Shigeru Miyamoto
#16triple sPosted 9/10/2013 3:26:08 AM
Sevi_ney posted...
They just can't get their **** straight at all can they? They can't even follow up on a simple promise without altering the entire thing.

Another example of turning an anthill into a mountain....

If FIFA 14 was going to sway people to preorder an Xbox One, they had plenty of time to do so. It's not like they're preorders are being changed at this point.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#17Styrof0amPosted 9/10/2013 3:38:30 AM
Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems MS is only replacing Forza 5 on NEW pre-order because FIFA 14 stock is depleted, Existing pre-orders still get FIFA 14

... and if anyone wonders hopw MS can run out of stock on a digital game, it's because they struck a deal with EA on delivery on a finite number of FIFA 14 games. Thewy've effectively bought the right to distribute xx amount of licenses for FIFA 14 with a console. licenses are noe depleted, and MS want to offer something else. Fair play if you ask me (but you probably don't because the hip thing to do right now is scream: M$. 2 months agop it was YOLO).
#18ACx7Posted 9/10/2013 3:54:51 AM
Sevi_ney posted...

Apparently the term "While supplies lasts" is foreign to you. So allow me to explain. EA and Microsoft struck a deal that would allow a certain amount of pre-orders to receive a free digital copy of FIFA with their system. Since it's a third party game this number is not infinite. Thus making it first come first serve. And since that supply has run out, the promotion normally would have ended. BUT... instead of just saying "Promotion over. Sorry to everyone that missed out." They are offering another free game in case you missed the last one.
#19Laylow12Posted 9/10/2013 4:09:26 AM
Relax guys, they finally sold the 150 copies of Fifa 14 they had struck a deal for and now you get Forza 5 instead. Sheesh.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin