Even now I'm not sure which console to get :(

#1Eldave0Posted 9/10/2013 3:06:11 AM
Hey guys. As next-gen looms ever closer, it sounds like most people have chosen their allegiances and are just waiting for their chosen console to release.

Unfortunately I am still very much on the fence about which one to go for. Last gen I picked up both the PS3 and 360 as I felt PS and MS brought different strengths to the table, however a lot has changed in the last 7 years, money is tighter and I can therefore only really justify getting one console or the other.

Personally, the PS4's lower price tag, PS+ service, having Killzone as a launch title and its strong indie focus make Sony's new console stand out for me, but my issue is all my gaming buddies are opting for the Xbox One this gen, meaning if I want to play multiplayer with them my hands are sort of tied. Also, Titanfall looks stunning and it's obviously a bit up in the air at the moment if it's going to come to PS4 in the long run.

I suppose my question is, what would you do in this situation? I'm hoping Sony announces PS4 Skype functionality soon (its on Vita after all) as I would at least be able to chat to my mates while they are on Xbox One (in theory?).

Thanks guys.
#2SoulTrapperPosted 9/10/2013 3:09:13 AM
Wait till a couple months or a year after release to decide if money is tight.

There's no reason you have to get one or the other at launch, since both ps3 and 360 will keep getting support for at least another year.

My advice would be to simply wait it out and see how things go for both consoles after launch.
---
PSN: El_Coon
#3suzukimatsuiPosted 9/10/2013 3:24:43 AM
Just choose what you want personally. What are you looking for in the next new console you are looking to pick up. Don't be look for assurances through these boards as many trolls/fanboys from the three major players will spout their biased nonsense.
#4triple sPosted 9/10/2013 3:29:27 AM
Go with what your friends are going with if you play a lot of online games. If money is tight, the PS4 is $100 cheaper for now and then you can still eventually get an X1 when the price drops.
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#5Donuts_R_GoodPosted 9/10/2013 3:32:32 AM
Get an Xbox One. Gaming with friends is 100x better than gaming alone.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#6AirborneNarwhalPosted 9/10/2013 3:33:53 AM
I think the answer is pretty easy. Do you want to play with those friends? If you plan to get both consoles in the end it doesn't really matter anyway. They both need time to get some good games. The best exclusives will not even be out for a few years I'd say, when developers have some experience with the new hardware. So there's nothing to worry about for now.
#7Eldave0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 3:36:21 AM
Honestly, all I want is a games console. Both new consoles seem interested in adding social media integration and that sort of stuff, but personally all I want is to play some new games. Really, I just want a console I can fire up when I get a free evening and play some games.
For the most part I'm a multiplayer gamer these days (which makes me think X1 would be the better option) but I am likely to get more mileage out of something like Killzone than I am from most of the X1 launch lineup.
I'm also paid up for XBL and PS+ until 2015.
#8Special-EddPosted 9/10/2013 3:44:00 AM(edited)
Well consider the fact that if you want to use Skype on the ps4 you still need to buy the camera. It is still cheaper but it closes the price gap considerably. Skype hasn't been announced for the ps4 of course but either way the camera is an additional $60 on top of the system.

I am fortunate enough to be able to afford both. Maybe down the line you will end up owning both systems as well.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One
#9Eldave0(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 3:56:42 AM
Ahh yes, that is true. I keep forgetting the camera isn't a standard PS4 component. And realistically I can see myself ending up with both consoles in the long run. I suppose the sensible option would be to buy the X1 at launch so I can game with my friends (plus Forza looks excellent) and then grab a PS4 further down the line to play through the various single player games like Infamous, Killzone, etc.
#10Special-EddPosted 9/10/2013 5:13:48 AM
Yes, I am the same way myself. Most of my friends will continue on Xbox Live but I still want PS4 for all the great exclusives. I planned on buying my XB1 first and getting my PS4 after tax season but I am impressed with both systems and will have them paid off in time for launch. I see myself pulling a repeat of this generation and using my Xbox for all the multiplats/exclusives and my PS primarily for exclusives.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One