What is the most bitter fanbase rivalry in gaming console?

#11DarkestSouls(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 6:24:07 AM
MrSpaM111 posted...
You obviously were not around in the 1990's

We get a lot of personal insults from fanboys being shot around nowdays, but back then it was the developers themselves that were most guilty of it, stuff you simply would not get away with nowdays.

Take this for example

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7nsBoqJ6s8

That'd be like MS putting out an advert that simply said "Sony sucks, buy and XBO!"

lol...I've never seen it...it's very funny
#12Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/10/2013 6:30:02 AM(edited)
Snickleseed posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Not technically superior. Subjectively superior.

I'm pretty sure that a gaming PC with a Core i7, 16GB RAM, SSD or 1TB+ HD and Geforce GTX 780 / Radeon HD7970 is "technically superior" to any console past or present

No. Superior technology, in the form of processing power, doesn't mean the platform is superior. Consoles offer a different and much more integrated experience which is why this is all subjective.

Ch3wy posted...
No. Objectively.

And subjectively.

No. Read above.
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#13NeoAndurilPosted 9/10/2013 6:29:05 AM
Snickleseed posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

I'm pretty sure that a gaming PC with a Core i7, 16GB RAM, SSD or 1TB+ HD and Geforce GTX 780 / Radeon HD7970 is "technically superior" to any console past or present

You forget. The xb1 trolls live in a fantasy land full of small equines and other cute cuddlies.
---
http://i.imgur.com/6RcJTNv.png
#14Ch3wyPosted 9/10/2013 6:33:07 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Snickleseed posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

No. Superior technology, in the form of processing power, doesn't mean the platform is superior. Consoles offer a different and much more integrated experience which is why this is all subjective.

Ch3wy posted...
No. Objectively.

And subjectively.

No. Read above.

Incorrect. PC experience can be as integrated as you want. The fact that there are also more features available cannot be considered a negative.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#15Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/10/2013 6:36:37 AM
Ch3wy posted...
Incorrect. PC experience can be as integrated as you want. The fact that there are also more features available cannot be considered a negative.

More features isn't a negative. When did I suggest as much? Also, integration is just one aspect that I'm pointing out and no, PC is nowhere near as integrated as the XBL or the PS community is.
---
#16Ch3wyPosted 9/10/2013 6:48:30 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Ch3wy posted...

More features isn't a negative. When did I suggest as much? Also, integration is just one aspect that I'm pointing out and no, PC is nowhere near as integrated as the XBL or the PS community is.

It's the only aspect you got Bro.

PC is at least as integrated, if not more.
---
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.
#17Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/10/2013 6:51:35 AM
Ch3wy posted...

You keep saying that. it's not. It's also not the only aspect I have but it is the most glaring difference. Would you like others? How about the fact that the same hardware in every console means less patches and hot fixing and less bugs?
---
#18Ch3wyPosted 9/10/2013 6:57:02 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...
Ch3wy posted...

You keep saying that. it's not. It's also not the only aspect I have but it is the most glaring difference. Would you like others? How about the fact that the same hardware in every console means less patches and hot fixing and less bugs?

Yes it is.

There are pretty much two producers of CPUs and GPUs, AMD and Nvidia. Just like there are two consoles that developers are making game for.

The difference? Unlike on PC, those console games are being developed on two separate APIs, so there's a greater chance of there being a bug on one of them.
---