Penello talks specs!

#1212DshmuploverPosted 9/10/2013 4:00:46 PM
BudWisenheimer posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
He is paid to put down rumors and reassure the XB1 can compete in terms of power

Why would he go there to do it? He clearly knows what GAF is and how tech-savvy so many of the people responding there are. That much is evident from all of his recent posts. Right or wrong he's either a masochist or he truly believes what he's being told.

Precisely if MS had something to hide they'd keep well quiet. He's tying his hardest to interact in the most honest way possible and all you get are Sony fans calling him a liar. They alwasy have an answer and they just can't accept it.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa
#122PraetorXynPosted 9/10/2013 4:12:37 PM
pblimp360 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
To put it simply, the guy knows jack about computer architecture so he should keep his mouth shut.

You should try reading sometime before posting like this, because you have a lot of unnecessary resentment in your tone off something he said was told to him from one off the systems techs, not himself.

And as has been said, I'll take what that tech says over random internet user #45,859 any day.

The Master's degree in Computer Science tends to make me annoyed when people talk out of their ass about architecture and hardware.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#123MetroidFan9999Posted 9/10/2013 4:29:57 PM
PraetorXyn posted...
pblimp360 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
To put it simply, the guy knows jack about computer architecture so he should keep his mouth shut.

You should try reading sometime before posting like this, because you have a lot of unnecessary resentment in your tone off something he said was told to him from one off the systems techs, not himself.

And as has been said, I'll take what that tech says over random internet user #45,859 any day.

The Master's degree in Computer Science tends to make me annoyed when people talk out of their ass about architecture and hardware.

Don't mind pblimp, I think he works at a factory job or something.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif
#124AtomicPenguin76Posted 9/10/2013 4:40:11 PM
Viet0ne posted...
So that means he has little knowledge in the deep operation of how the hardware works and has to check his findings with someone else.

Fact is, one thing is false in his statements.

18 CU's vs. 12 CU's =/= 50% more performance. Multi-core processors have inherent inefficiency with more CU's, so it's simply incorrect to say 50% more GPU.

GPU performance is a scalable metric. More Shaders = predictable improvement. This is why SLI and XFire are able to achieve a near double performance increase over a single card. With the current drivers and optimizations, you get a 90%+ increase and in the majority of games released and the new optimized drivers, some games are getting exactly double the performance.

Based on that alone, his technical knowledge in hardware comparisons is invalid.

Not exactly. SLI/XFire get the performance boost they do because of the interleave essentially giving half the job to one gpu and half to another and then re-combining the results. That doesn't equate to being the same thing as if you're running a single GPU setup and just doubled the shader count expecting it to scale the results to coincide with the increase.

SLI/XFire get the results they do because of the way the architecture is designed and that doesn't translate to a single GPU setup in a way that you can just say 50% more CU's would equal 50% more performance. That's pretty easy to prove in Nvidia to AMD single GPU comparisons on current market graphics cards, actually.
#125pblimp360Posted 9/10/2013 4:48:47 PM
PraetorXyn posted...

But as was clearly established, he wasn't talking out of his ass, as he was informed of this from one of the systems techs. The same techs who likely have the same degree you claim to have btw.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#126TitanlolPosted 9/10/2013 4:51:15 PM
TheBorderCollie posted...
Sony Fanboys are hilarious.

Bill Gates himself could announce what the specs are for the Xbox 1...and the Sony clan would still accuse him of not really knowing the truth.

L...M...A..O

LMAO at Broncav thinking it's what the specs are that is being disputed!

No, no, what's being disputed is the difference it will make. Those of us in the know can already imagine the huge difference.
#127bob15xPosted 9/10/2013 4:54:20 PM
MetroidFan9999 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...
pblimp360 posted...
PraetorXyn posted...

Don't mind pblimp, I think he works at a factory job or something.

and what do you do metroid for a living?
#128pblimp360Posted 9/10/2013 4:56:15 PM
bob15x posted...
and what do you do metroid for a living?

Attends grammar school. : P
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#129gameboybrycePosted 9/10/2013 5:28:13 PM
Yep, because a dev developing for both consoles knows less than some Microsoft product planning lead. When you go on forums and get made to look stupid you should just crawl back to Redmond and never leave again.
---
This board has become a haven for Sony trolls, you have no idea what it is like going to sleep each night punching your pillow furiously.~TrashBoat
LMAO
#130BelberithPosted 9/10/2013 5:28:25 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
What I found even more hilarious was the supposed Neogaf "experts" thinking they know more than a MS Technical Fellow.

Doubt they no more but Albert does have a bias.

Also how the hell is the Esram thing working, you can't just add the two numbers