This is basically whats happening on this board daily

#41TBONE_OGPosted 9/10/2013 5:35:48 PM(edited)
User Name iSkadoosh
User ID 692760
Board User Level 5: Warned
User on "parole" for one or more major Terms of Service violations. Can only post 3 messages per hour (10 per day), no topics, restored after 48-72 hours.
Account Created Tuesday, March 25, 2003 12:56 PM
Last Visit Tuesday, September 10, 2013 5:29 PM
Signature Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
Karma 3220
Active Messages Posted 147

Wow. This account is a weird one...
---
Always O.G.
#42pblimp360Posted 9/10/2013 5:44:38 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
Maybe he's just trying to do what you suggest and not continue fighting, but again - you have a point of personal pride here to rub his face in it and keep hounding him about it.

And most self respecting men I know do not take kindly to being called names, and pretty much being constantly needled for saying anything positive about a console they're excited for.

See this is the thing, and this troll knows it, he and other trolls hound this board all day and whenever you show interest in something positive you're called names and put down, and now he wants to pretend and act as if he didn't go about doing just that.

The reason he was labeled as a troll was because for months he, like Metroid and other notorious trolls came here on a daily basis putting fans and the system down, and when called out on it he started to stalk and insult me, and then act as if I was hounding him. It's borderline insane.

Now on my own faults, instead of ignoring this and other trolls, I entertained them with responses to fight fire with fire, and as numerous as the trolls are, my post count points directly to that. Pride was a big part, I agree. So I decided to take your advice, Skynet and stop doing it.

Skynet82997 posted...
I'd much rather have an enjoyable discussion with like-minded people than constantly have to slog thru endless smarmy bait posts and other similar nonsense. Of course people are allowed to have concerns and a negative opinion, but it's obvious the people that are here just to make things as miserable as possible for those of us excited for November 22nd.

I agree, and these people are sad. But again, I'm taking your advice and stopping my responses to them and sticking to like minded normal people like yourself and other true fans/gamers.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#43iSkadooshPosted 9/10/2013 5:45:15 PM
Skynet82997 posted...

Maybe he's just trying to do what you suggest and not continue fighting, but again - you have a point of personal pride here to rub his face in it and keep hounding him about it.

He brought it on himself by following me from topic to topic spewing his angry nonsense. I'm glad he finally ignored me though, at first his childish attempts to insult me and borderline stalker behavior was amusing, but now it's beginning to get rather dull.

And most self respecting men I know do not take kindly to being called names, and pretty much being constantly needled for saying anything positive about a console they're excited for.

This is my point though. It is just a console, theres no need to be offended by anything anyone says about it unless you personally invested time in creating it. If you truly believe that you are going with the better product then fair play to you, but if thats true why take offense because random poster #43 doesn't agree with you?

You can do that "It's just the Internet!" BS, but in the end those are actually other human beings you're talking to - it's easy to dismiss it and take away any personal responsibility for this kind of crappy behavior - but don't fool yourself - they are other people, not some nebulous entity that may, or may not be real.

But it is just the internet. We are faceless entities, unless you are insecure anything anyone says on the internet shouldn't offend you.

Anyway I hate all this silly **** - I'd rather just be excited for a new generation of games that's going to blow away anything we're currently seeing.

I'd much rather have an enjoyable discussion with like-minded people than constantly have to slog thru endless smarmy bait posts and other similar nonsense. Of course people are allowed to have concerns and a negative opinion, but it's obvious the people that are here just to make things as miserable as possible for those of us excited for November 22nd.

If this is the case then why add fuel to the fire like you did in this topic? The best solution against a troll is to ignore a troll. By responding with insults you are just proving that the trolls are getting to you, and thats the entire point of trolling.

---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s
#44Skynet82997Posted 9/10/2013 5:51:47 PM
iSkadoosh posted...
Skynet82997 posted...

He brought it on himself by following me from topic to topic spewing his angry nonsense. I'm glad he finally ignored me though, at first his childish attempts to insult me and borderline stalker behavior was amusing, but now it's beginning to get rather dull.

This is my point though. It is just a console, theres no need to be offended by anything anyone says about it unless you personally invested time in creating it. If you truly believe that you are going with the better product then fair play to you, but if thats true why take offense because random poster #43 doesn't agree with you?

You can do that "It's just the Internet!" BS, but in the end those are actually other human beings you're talking to - it's easy to dismiss it and take away any personal responsibility for this kind of crappy behavior - but don't fool yourself - they are other people, not some nebulous entity that may, or may not be real.

But it is just the internet. We are faceless entities, unless you are insecure anything anyone says on the internet shouldn't offend you.

Anyway I hate all this silly **** - I'd rather just be excited for a new generation of games that's going to blow away anything we're currently seeing.

If this is the case then why add fuel to the fire like you did in this topic? The best solution against a troll is to ignore a troll. By responding with insults you are just proving that the trolls are getting to you, and thats the entire point of trolling.

But that's just it - I'm not going with the "better product" - I'm going with BOTH of them eventually, so it's an utterly moot point to me. It's the constant irritating belittling and needling that's annoying to me.

I make a perfectly innocent post about my own excitement for the console or one of the new games - and some smartass rips me apart for it? I can't agree with you that it's innocuous BS - I think it's more than that, and mutual respect should be afforded other people, online or IRL.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#45pblimp360Posted 9/10/2013 5:58:18 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
It's the constant irritating belittling and needling that's annoying to me.

I make a perfectly innocent post about my own excitement for the console or one of the new games - and some smartass rips me apart for it? I can't agree with you that it's innocuous BS - I think it's more than that, and mutual respect should be afforded other people, online or IRL.

Agreed, and this is what he and the trolls do to normal posters all the time, and then act surprised when people respond back to them negatively.
---
Death isn't the exit of existence. It's the entrance into eternity. R.I.P Zora Nelson 3/6/13 Forever loved
#46RayconPosted 9/10/2013 6:07:13 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
pblimp360 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
I love the irony in microsofts personal keyboard warrior agreeing with this. 10/10 would laugh again.

That would include the possibility of you being able to read though, and I don't believe you can reading your constant troll attempts. Now go sit down, iTroll. Grown men are here discussing your kind.

Good job proving my point. All that anger directed at people just because they share a different opinion to you. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be talking like this to people in the real world.

Do you really tell yourself that, and actually believe it?

Because of course, you didn't just personally insult him by referring to him, in a condescending and derogatory fashion, as "Microsoft's personal keyboard warrior".

I don't know if you're new here, or just playing favoritism, but that's kind of his MO... This blimp guy does nothing but insult others of different opinions all day long. If you ask me, "keyboard warrior" is a pretty accurate handle, but to each their own...
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#47pblimp360Posted 9/10/2013 6:12:48 PM
Raycon posted...
This blimp guy does nothing but insult others of different opinions all day long.

Post one example of me insulting someone of a differing opinion that isn't actively trying to troll. I'll wait.
---
#48Skynet82997Posted 9/10/2013 6:31:08 PM
Raycon posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
pblimp360 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
I love the irony in microsofts personal keyboard warrior agreeing with this. 10/10 would laugh again.

That would include the possibility of you being able to read though, and I don't believe you can reading your constant troll attempts. Now go sit down, iTroll. Grown men are here discussing your kind.

Good job proving my point. All that anger directed at people just because they share a different opinion to you. I'm willing to bet you wouldn't be talking like this to people in the real world.

Because of course, you didn't just personally insult him by referring to him, in a condescending and derogatory fashion, as "Microsoft's personal keyboard warrior".

I don't know if you're new here, or just playing favoritism, but that's kind of his MO... This blimp guy does nothing but insult others of different opinions all day long. If you ask me, "keyboard warrior" is a pretty accurate handle, but to each their own...

Oh, I'm not new.

Thing is - at this point with the utterly insane amount of trolling going on since E3, I really can't hold it against anybody that's dishing it back out. This is the Xbox One board for God's sake, and I am in no way suggesting that it should be ONLY positive, but the sheer amount of smarmy bait posts around here is completely absurd.

With the exception of obvious "character" accounts like TeeHee, most of us here are really not looking to start endless arguments - but every bit of positive PS4 info is rammed down our throats here, and every bit of negative XB1 info is rammed down our throats here, and if we can even get a decent topic going about the system or it's games, it gets stormed by trolls who just turn it into a miserable **** storm of a conversation, then when a guy like p takes the bait, it's just turned right around on him, like he did something wrong. I mean, Holy ****, is it really that much of a problem for you guys to let us have a positive conversation about the XB1 without being ridiculed for it?

I honestly don't see how people don't get this....
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#49RayconPosted 9/10/2013 7:03:09 PM
Skynet82997 posted...
Raycon posted...
Skynet82997 posted...
iSkadoosh posted...
pblimp360 posted...

Oh, I'm not new.

Thing is - at this point with the utterly insane amount of trolling going on since E3, I really can't hold it against anybody that's dishing it back out. This is the Xbox One board for God's sake, and I am in no way suggesting that it should be ONLY positive, but the sheer amount of smarmy bait posts around here is completely absurd.

With the exception of obvious "character" accounts like TeeHee, most of us here are really not looking to start endless arguments - but every bit of positive PS4 info is rammed down our throats here, and every bit of negative XB1 info is rammed down our throats here, and if we can even get a decent topic going about the system or it's games, it gets stormed by trolls who just turn it into a miserable **** storm of a conversation, then when a guy like p takes the bait, it's just turned right around on him, like he did something wrong. I mean, Holy ****, is it really that much of a problem for you guys to let us have a positive conversation about the XB1 without being ridiculed for it?

I honestly don't see how people don't get this....

I find it's been a bit of a two-way street, with XBO defenders slamming any bit of PS4 news possible. A lot of it probably stems from last gen, with xbox fans raiding the PS3 board to heckle users; now the situation has turned around and users are eager to take their retribution. Would be nice if all the nonsense stopped, but I don't see that changing any time soon if the PS3 board was any indication.

And leave TeeHee alone... I like TeeHee. = (
---
I must have looked a fool playing with a backwards DS, teary eyed solving a Sudoku puzzle -Lordx718
#50iSkadooshPosted 9/10/2013 8:04:11 PM
pblimp360 posted...

I'm curious skynet, do you still believe that this is a person who doesn't want to fight anymore? Cause to me it looks like someone who wants to continue taking shots, but from the comfort of the ignore button.

See this is the thing, and this troll knows it, he and other trolls hound this board all day and whenever you show interest in something positive you're called names and put down, and now he wants to pretend and act as if he didn't go about doing just that.

I've never denied this. In fact I've admitted on numerous occasions that some of my posts are aimed at winding fanboys like him up, yet he continues to fall for them, It's rather amusing.

The reason he was labeled as a troll was because for months he, like Metroid and other notorious trolls came here on a daily basis putting fans and the system down, and when called out on it he started to stalk and insult me, and then act as if I was hounding him. It's borderline insane.

Another lie, I've only been posting here for a couple of weeks. I've also already provided proof that it is in fact him doing the stalking and insulting, why he posted this after being proven wrong I have no idea. He does get one thing right here though, that sort of behaviour is borderline insane.

Now on my own faults, instead of ignoring this and other trolls, I got upset and tried to fight fire with fire, and as numerous as the trolls are, and due to the unhealthy amount of time I spend here, my post count points directly to that. Anger was a big part, I agree. So I tried to take your advice, Skynet and stop doing it, but my anger prevents me from doing so.

Fixed for accuracy

I agree, and these people are sad. But again, I'm taking your advice and stopping my responses to them and sticking to like minded normal people like yourself and other true fans/gamers.

400+ posts defending a plastic box and attacking anyone who criticizes it, yet he still has the audacity to call other people sad. This my friends is what you would call a delusional fanboy.

Is anyone else enjoying this as much as I am? He could have just left with what little dignity he had when he ignored me, yet he still continues to embarrass himself.
---
Not upset at all, just annoyed that there's absolutely no point in people like you to be on these boards other than to troll your little hearts out. - triple s