I might be forced to get the Xbox One

#1Tech_SupportPosted 9/10/2013 12:53:12 PM
Well I thought I was gonna get a PS4 since it had better specs and I thought multiplats would run better on it. I prefer the xbox one controller though.

Anyhow was browsing through my surface pros software store and the #1 app in spotlight was smartglass and well I realized damn this could make things real interesting with an xbox One.

I don't have any other multimedia device like apple tv or any of that so this might make xbox one the one for me.

Thanks for reading yall
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#2WestSdeNleVrusPosted 9/10/2013 12:56:46 PM
Devs have to include stuff in to make use of that. Look at the WiiU and the DS to see how often and well it's used....I don't expect a lot of devs to spend time and money on the feature until they know for certain it will increase their revenue. I'm just expecting a lot of advanced maps. I'd rather pause the game when looking at a map so I don't have to worry about missing something or dying. That said I have low Kinect level expectations currently for it.
#3MilesTeg420Posted 9/10/2013 12:57:33 PM
Is this a joke? Any tablet can run Smart Glass app and in fact PS4 will have it's own tablet apps. Pretty stupid reason to pick a console either way. Tablet apps are the ultimate gimmick this gen.
#4TrueBlue91Posted 9/10/2013 12:57:54 PM
You're welcome.

Now go away.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#5ElPolloDiablo87Posted 9/10/2013 1:01:04 PM
Yeah, I might be getting a Surface Pro sometime this fall (I'm waiting for the rumored Pro 2) since my laptop is old and I'd like a tablet as well. Plus some of the smartglass stuff looks pretty interesting, like controlling drones in the Division, being a dungeon master in Fable Legends, commander mode in BF4, calling in airstrikes and exclusive missions in Dead Rising, and creating in Project Spark off the top of my head.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#6MrImpatient35Posted 9/10/2013 1:02:18 PM
After seeing how The Division will use smartglass, and Battlefield 4, I might buy a tablet mainly for smartglass. It looks so damn fun!
---
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
#7Tech_Support(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2013 1:02:27 PM
surface pro is great except you can't adjust the screen angle.

They are fixing that with surface pro 2.

It also gets a bit warm but overall I love it
---
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
#8Reflex-ArcPosted 9/10/2013 1:03:00 PM
Tablet integration in gaming may be the ultimate gimmick this time around, but it's easily the most intriguing to me.

I'm looking at you, The Division.
---
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
#9regsantotomasPosted 9/10/2013 1:07:22 PM
I think that it's actually really cool that every game will use SmartGlass for Game Help.

When publishing a game, developers must submit a help manual that will aid players contextually either directly in-game or through SmartGlass

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/06/xbox-one-smartglass-helps-you-with-your-gaming/
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#10Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/10/2013 1:08:00 PM
and the part where you're forced to do anything?
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180