I might be forced to get the Xbox One

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I might be forced to get the Xbox One
2 years ago#1
Well I thought I was gonna get a PS4 since it had better specs and I thought multiplats would run better on it. I prefer the xbox one controller though.

Anyhow was browsing through my surface pros software store and the #1 app in spotlight was smartglass and well I realized damn this could make things real interesting with an xbox One.

I don't have any other multimedia device like apple tv or any of that so this might make xbox one the one for me.

Thanks for reading yall
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
2 years ago#2
Devs have to include stuff in to make use of that. Look at the WiiU and the DS to see how often and well it's used....I don't expect a lot of devs to spend time and money on the feature until they know for certain it will increase their revenue. I'm just expecting a lot of advanced maps. I'd rather pause the game when looking at a map so I don't have to worry about missing something or dying. That said I have low Kinect level expectations currently for it.
2 years ago#3
Is this a joke? Any tablet can run Smart Glass app and in fact PS4 will have it's own tablet apps. Pretty stupid reason to pick a console either way. Tablet apps are the ultimate gimmick this gen.
2 years ago#4
You're welcome.

Now go away.
Pour grammer annoy's me
2 years ago#5
Yeah, I might be getting a Surface Pro sometime this fall (I'm waiting for the rumored Pro 2) since my laptop is old and I'd like a tablet as well. Plus some of the smartglass stuff looks pretty interesting, like controlling drones in the Division, being a dungeon master in Fable Legends, commander mode in BF4, calling in airstrikes and exclusive missions in Dead Rising, and creating in Project Spark off the top of my head.
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
2 years ago#6
After seeing how The Division will use smartglass, and Battlefield 4, I might buy a tablet mainly for smartglass. It looks so damn fun!
Dost thou even hoist?
Dead Rising 3 and Assassin's Creed 4 are already a done deal!
2 years ago#7
surface pro is great except you can't adjust the screen angle.

They are fixing that with surface pro 2.

It also gets a bit warm but overall I love it
Stop. Posting. On the Wii Board. You're really this close away from a Suspension. - CyricZ
2 years ago#8
Tablet integration in gaming may be the ultimate gimmick this time around, but it's easily the most intriguing to me.

I'm looking at you, The Division.
Case | Mother Board | CPU (OC'd!) | Video Card x 2 | RAM | PSU | SSD | HDD | Some Fans | Monitor | Mouse | Keyboard
2 years ago#9
I think that it's actually really cool that every game will use SmartGlass for Game Help.

When publishing a game, developers must submit a help manual that will aid players contextually either directly in-game or through SmartGlass

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/06/xbox-one-smartglass-helps-you-with-your-gaming/
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
2 years ago#10
and the part where you're forced to do anything?
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. I might be forced to get the Xbox One

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived