I might be forced to get the Xbox One

#11unrealtoxicPosted 9/10/2013 2:44:53 PM
Cosmic_Diabetic posted...
and the part where you're forced to do anything?

I don't know, but I doubt the PlayStation app will be in the Windows store
---
RIP unrealgogetr. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
#12JWJW99Posted 9/10/2013 4:33:49 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Yeah, I might be getting a Surface Pro sometime this fall (I'm waiting for the rumored Pro 2) since my laptop is old and I'd like a tablet as well. Plus some of the smartglass stuff looks pretty interesting, like controlling drones in the Division, being a dungeon master in Fable Legends, commander mode in BF4, calling in airstrikes and exclusive missions in Dead Rising, and creating in Project Spark off the top of my head.

MrImpatient35 posted...
After seeing how The Division will use smartglass, and Battlefield 4, I might buy a tablet mainly for smartglass. It looks so damn fun!

sigh..I'm tired of correcting people on this but Battlefield 4 will not be using smart glass. It will run on its own special made Battlelog app only available on iOS and Android. No windows tablet support is available at this time. Kiss goodbye using your surface tablet for Battlefield 4.
#13Orange_ApplesPosted 9/10/2013 5:06:53 PM
regsantotomas posted...
I think that it's actually really cool that every game will use SmartGlass for Game Help.

When publishing a game, developers must submit a help manual that will aid players contextually either directly in-game or through SmartGlass

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/06/xbox-one-smartglass-helps-you-with-your-gaming/

You know, if you're using a tablet to get game help, there is this little site called GameFAQs that could help with that. You might have heard of it.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#14kingofjamaicaPosted 9/10/2013 5:08:22 PM
Tech_Support posted...
Well I thought I was gonna get a PS4 since it had better specs and I thought multiplats would run better on it. I prefer the xbox one controller though.

Have you actually used both controllers?
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#15regsantotomasPosted 9/10/2013 5:12:52 PM
Orange_Apples posted...
regsantotomas posted...
I think that it's actually really cool that every game will use SmartGlass for Game Help.

When publishing a game, developers must submit a help manual that will aid players contextually either directly in-game or through SmartGlass

source: http://www.joystiq.com/2013/09/06/xbox-one-smartglass-helps-you-with-your-gaming/

You know, if you're using a tablet to get game help, there is this little site called GameFAQs that could help with that. You might have heard of it.

Condescension noted.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#16CapwnDPosted 9/10/2013 5:15:20 PM
There's already some neat uses of it with 360:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1960/horizonsmartglass.jpg

Forza Horizon with a 32 inch smartglass GPS (windows 8 with Smartglass app)
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#17Sniper_BrosefPosted 9/10/2013 5:42:45 PM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
Yeah, I might be getting a Surface Pro sometime this fall (I'm waiting for the rumored Pro 2) since my laptop is old and I'd like a tablet as well. Plus some of the smartglass stuff looks pretty interesting, like controlling drones in the Division, being a dungeon master in Fable Legends, commander mode in BF4, calling in airstrikes and exclusive missions in Dead Rising, and creating in Project Spark off the top of my head.

I just bought an RT. In fact, I'm posting from it. It's pretty awesome and way more convenient than a laptop for when I want to do some quick browsing while watching sports/tv and the smartglass app is pretty great! Pretty excited for it's expansion come XBO and I'm hoping it starts getting use as an interactive map for open world games such as Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Borderlands, etc....
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#18kinger556Posted 9/10/2013 5:55:08 PM
After half a year you could probably find a PS4 Xbox Controller on amazon for half the price of a real controller
#19ACx7Posted 9/10/2013 6:00:40 PM
MilesTeg420 posted...
Is this a joke? Any tablet can run Smart Glass app and in fact PS4 will have it's own tablet apps. Pretty stupid reason to pick a console either way. Tablet apps are the ultimate gimmick this gen.

Because someone doesn't think exactly like you they're stupid? Grow up.

But he's right... Any smartphone/tablet has access to Smartglass. But Windows Phone/ Surface tablets will have a deeper integration with Xbox LIVE. And PS4 will also have some form of mobile app to use that will more than likely work similar to the Smartglass app.

Both systems have their pros and cons. Just make sure you know what you're looking for before you spend $400-$500 on one.
#20CapwnDPosted 9/10/2013 9:53:10 PM
ACx7 posted...
But Windows Phone/ Surface tablets will have a deeper integration with Xbox LIVE.

How so? I'm not being a jerk, I don't know anything about it and I would like to know.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh