No matter what MS says, Kinect isnt "essential" for the Xbox one experience.

#1blablablax17Posted 9/10/2013 8:23:44 PM
Everything they have showed so far has been nothing short of tacked on gimmicks, same as last gen. All the voice controls, motion stuff, etc., arent essential for any games, and are just extra features.
Nothing MS has promised has has been truly been necessary for any game.

Any thoughts about this?
---
Stalking the GameFaqs boards since '04.
#2BrownGottiPosted 9/10/2013 8:26:40 PM
Lets start using it and then we can decide. I'm feel that we are all going to be greatly surprised when this console debuts. If not MS is done.
#3Foxx3kPosted 9/10/2013 8:29:44 PM
That's a silly thing to say.
---
[LanParty nF4 Ultra-D] [AMD64 3700+ San Diego] [2x 1gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8] [2x 250gb Barracuda] [Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS] [X850XTPE]
#4zerooo0Posted 9/10/2013 8:30:17 PM
BrownGotti posted...
Lets start using it and then we can decide. I'm feel that we are all going to be greatly surprised when this console debuts. If not MS is done.

This. Too early to tell, so anything we/you say is only speculation. It's best to wait & let us early adopters stress test Kinect 2.0.
---
Starwars Battlefront+Destiny+Titanfall+Battlefield 4+Halo 5=Me in FPS heaven for these next few years.
#5MilesTeg420Posted 9/10/2013 8:31:06 PM
If you don't think Skype, three OS, Kinect, and TV are what gamers want then I don't know what to say.
#6scoobydoobydontPosted 9/10/2013 8:33:57 PM
Kinect 2 is currently the most attractive (interesting) thing about X1 IMO.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/mRh5ifp.png
#7Orange_ApplesPosted 9/10/2013 8:35:00 PM
For the games no, however what Microsoft sees themselves selling is more than a games console, but a service and a tool. To get the full Xbox One Experience you would need the console, Kinect and Smartglass. There is a lot you can do with those 3 pieces together.

While playing a game, you can also be playing music using the XB1's music app and controlling it through Smartglass.

You can be watching a movie with friends/family over Skype.

You can be playing a game and have the scoreboard displayed on Smartglass.

just a few scenarios.

Without Kinect you can still watch movies and play games, but you lose the inter-connectivity.

And it is way easier for people to use their voice (assuming Kinect can understand them) to control the XB1 than to watch them fumble around with the controller. I know you have figured out how to use the controller to skip chapters, go to the root menu and other DVD functions using the controller, but not a lot of people have and to watch them try is painful.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.
#8Dev445Posted 9/10/2013 8:38:57 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/6e01af057df3b8cf2dae40a8612a8103/tumblr_msmn1y9vvz1sr39gto1_400.gif
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#9Cosmic_DiabeticPosted 9/10/2013 8:40:37 PM
everyone hated on the original Kinect and suddenly the new Kinect is the ultimate gaming experience
---
"i've had sex with a chick who was a psy major, so yeah i think i know what aspergers is" -LiquidFuze180
#10Orange_ApplesPosted 9/10/2013 8:40:49 PM
oh, and lots of people like the sound sensitive stuff in DR3. So that's a feature that people like that would require Kinect.
---
PC + Nintendo
Winning combination in the late 80s, winning combination in the 90s, winning combination today.